Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Iwan Murray, Signs For Runcorn Linnets
Rio Doherty
post Jul 15 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Striker Iwan Murray departed Chester FC today to sign for Runcorn Linnets on a one-year contract. Such a shame to see Iwan go as he produced some brilliant memories for our Academy, whilst he had a very strong start and end to last season - especially at home against Kidderminster Harriers and away at Ashton United where he scored a worldie. As somebody else pointed out above he is a very similar player to Nathan Brown - both physically and ability-wise - as he can more than hold his own at this level but regarding pushing onto the next level, his height is a disadvantage. There is no doubt that Iwan has a very bright future ahead of him as he has bags of potential, so in that respect I am slightly disappointed we have let go of him because in the past he has been the type of player who has made an impact off the bench, and most crucially solved some of our creativity issues in midfield (prior to George Glendon coming in). Unfortunately we saw much less of Murray than we would have liked this season, so I really do hope that he is a weekly fixture for Runcorn Linnets as he deserves regular football, and in my opinion he is more than good enough for the division they play in. Good luck for the rest of your career Iwan!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jul 16 2020, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Seems strange releasing players just before a play-off match, unless he's injured or something.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th August 2020 - 04:46 AM