Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jon Worsnop, Returns To Chester FC
Rio Doherty
post Jun 30 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Goalkeeper and free agent Jon Worsnop has rejoined Chester FC on a one-year contract today in a dual capacity, as he will serve as our goalkeeper coach and will also be registered as a player. Pleased to see Jon return in both capacities as he could still do a job as an emergency ‘keeper if needed - can’t be much worse than Russ Griffiths! I also wouldn’t mind if Louis Gray was to return either because I’d like to see more of him and reckon he would be good enough for the immediate short term. Worsnop often divided opinion in his first spell but I didn’t mind him too much myself. He was excellent in his first campaign, especially against Barnsley when he played on with a broken cheekbone if I remember rightly. His form did dip at the start of the 2016-17 season though with the Forest Green Rovers howler still sticking out, and he never recovered from that as we brought Liam Roberts in. We haven’t had a goalie coach for the vast majority of this season (which could be a reason why Griffiths was very inconsistent), so I’m happy that we have sorted this out by appointing somebody who knows our club well and somebody who will be a positive influence in the dressing room. Welcome back to Chester FC Jon 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2020 - 02:27 AM