Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester FC To Officially Participate In The Play-offs
Rio Doherty
post Jun 29 2020, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

It has been confirmed tonight that Chester FC will officially participate in the 2019-20 National League North play-offs, meaning that we will play Altrincham away in the Quarter Final subject to FA ratification. Now all 18 clubs in the National League, National League North, and National League South are willing to take part, the play-offs can now go ahead as planned. The date for the tie at Moss Lane hasn’t been confirmed yet, although the National League are hopeful of it taking place on Saturday 18th July behind closed doors with the Semi Finals and Final to take place on the following two Saturdays. I have been so impressed with how our board has approached this in a professional and pragmatic matter by looking at every little detail. They deserve plenty of credit for this, and so do our players for their magnificent gesture of not playing for a single penny, topped off by their donations to ‘Boost The Budget’. Our current group of players, in terms of commitment and dedication, are light years ahead of the dirge we had back in 2017, especially the likes of Lucas Dawson and Kingsley James who I will never forget for laughing in front of us all at Kidderminster Harriers away. They have earned a shot at promotion, and I am so pleased they will now get that opportunity as it would be heartbreaking to see all of their effort go to waste. We will be the underdogs, but we are in with a chance so the least they deserve is our support, despite us not being able to attend the match(es) sadly. The actual prospect of competing in the play-offs is really exciting, especially for myself as I’m too young to remember our last play-off game against Doncaster Rovers. It will be gutting to not be able to attend, but hopefully something will be arranged with BT as a consolation. We will definitely be up against it at Altrincham, but in all honesty we have got nothing to fear as there won’t be anyone in attendance which will make it less intimidating, and as the away team that will give us an increased advantage. At the end of the day the play-offs are a lottery so anything can happen. Do us proud lads and keep that blue flag flying high 🔵⚪️🤞.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2020 - 02:27 AM