Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CFU - CFU Board Statement
Really Simple Sy...
post May 12 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #1

RSS Robot

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2946

The Board of City Fans United can confirm we received notification from Stuart Murphy, on behalf of Exacta Plc, on Sunday 10th May advising his intention to end his association with the Club forthwith.

Therefore the Board wishes to advise members we consider Stuart’s approach to takeover the ownership of Chester FC to be withdrawn.

We can confirm that to date we have not received settlement of the outstanding financial commitments for the 2019/20 season, however we remain in discussion with Stuart regarding this matter.

Chester FC would like to place on record its appreciation to Stuart for his financial support and donations received since his association with the Club commenced in 2018 and we wish him well for the future.

The Board will provide further updates to members over the coming days and weeks, and is committed to fully engaging with the membership in developing a revised strategy to ensure we can overcome the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic, continue to function sustainably and remain competitive when football returns as a 100% supporter-owned football club.

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post May 12 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Really relieved to hear this news. The timing of his approach, disgraceful treatment of one of our key sponsors, crazy plans to invent a new sport, and delusional ambition to attract 1 million visitors to the end of an industrial estate were T***y S***h-esque and would just not work. It’s a bit of a shame that things didn’t work out because to be fair to Murphy he was quite generous, but hindsight is a wonderful thing and he has shown his true colours now. I find playing teams like Leamington, Curzon Ashton, and Farsley Celtic pretty depressing and would die for us to play EFL football one day, but absolutely no way would I want to risk a few years of joy to go out of business, again! If we went bust again then we would never come back, as things have changed an awful lot over the past decade and I’m afraid the hunger wouldn’t be there to form another club.

Now is the time for our board to step up and put together a clear 10 year strategic plan going forward. I take it that our stadium is no longer known as the ‘1885 Arena’ and has reverted to being the Deva Stadium again, so we will have to search for a new stadium sponsor and a sponsor for the Gary Talbot Main Stand too, as I believe that Murphy covered the costs of Swansway. Hopefully today’s news may encourage Ian Swettenham to come back on board as he would be a massive miss for our Academy who already run on a shoestring budget, and he was treated terribly by Murphy. Over the past two decades we have heavily relied on Murphy’s input, so in one sense we could struggle a little, although I am very pleased that our ‘rainy day’ money is still intact which is very crucial. Also, we now must all come together as one and make fan ownership count for something too. OUR CITY, OUR COMMUNITY, OUR CLUB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2020 - 07:10 AM