Reply to this topicStart new topic
> John Johnston, Signs From Altrincham
Rio Doherty
post Jan 24 2020, 06:33 PM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Left winger John Johnston has signed for Chester FC from Altrincham today on an 18 month contract with the option of an extension for an undisclosed fee subject to FA ratification. In my opinion this is a very good piece of business for us because he was one of the best players in a strong Altrincham side, and has been impressive when up against us. John has notched 13 assists and 4 goals for Alty this season which could aid our recent creativity problems, whilst he was in the National League North team of the season last campaign. My only qualm is that John plays in the same position as one of our best players, Brad Jackson, so hopefully we will sort something out where both of them can play, as they are really good players. Also, we need to snap up a striker as the goals have dried up, so hopefully a solution will be found shortly. Welcome to Chester FC John 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 25 2020, 10:54 PM
Post #2

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

You call him a left winger, but I think he's a right winger and wonder why we've signed a player who plays in that position. Mahon and Elliott have already been shipped out to free some wage budget, and we'll see in the near future if anyone else departs to accommodate him...

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Jan 25 2020, 11:08 PM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

QUOTE (3mm @ Jan 25 2020, 10:54 PM) *
You call him a left winger, but I think he's a right winger and wonder why we've signed a player who plays in that position. Mahon and Elliott have already been shipped out to free some wage budget, and we'll see in the near future if anyone else departs to accommodate him...

In the Cheshire Live article it said that he plays on the left, and in the second half today he tended to play on that side too. With us already having a brilliant right winger in Jackson hopefully we will find a system where both him and Johnson can play at the same time. It certainly worked today ������.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st April 2020 - 04:47 AM