Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Jul 26 2019, 09:45 PM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

We continue our preparations for the upcoming season tomorrow as we will travel to Greater Manchester to take on Trafford away in what should be a decent test. Sadly we fell to a 4-2 defeat away at Rylands tonight, but our young lads can still be pleased with themselves as they gave our opponents a tough game.

I expect us to name a full-strength XI in this clash as tonight and yesterday we mostly fielded youth players, and with this classed as an official first team match we should field a strong team.

Trafford play in the BetVictor Northern Premier League Division One West which is two divisions below us. Last Saturday we succumbed to a 2-1 defeat at Colne who play in the same league as tomorrow’s opponents, so it’s important that we are on our game to avoid a repeat. They were formed back in 1990 and started off in the Mid-Cheshire League, but over the past few years they have won a number of promotions to get to step 8.

Tomorrow’s opponents are etched into Chester FC folklore as we hammered them 6-0 in our first ever home league match as a reformed club. We have won all 3 meetings against Trafford so hopefully we will continue that trend tomorrow.

Score: Trafford 0-2 Chester FC (Waring, Jackson)
Attendance: 234 (73 Chester FC)

My predicted lineup:
Griffiths
K.Roberts Livesey Grand Taylor
Jackson G.Roberts Stopforth Mahon
Dudley Waring

COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Jul 26 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/8d7MYJyeXVM
Includes our head-to-head record, what happened last time out, plus loads more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Jul 27 2019, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

Over the course of the 90 we put in a really good shift to emerge as deserved winners. Compared to Colne and Northwich, the pitch was short and flat which allowed us to play an attractive brand of football. We were more solid defensively too as we restricted Trafford when they were on the attack. Also, what I was impressed most about today was how we pressed Trafford whenever they had the ball which caused them to panic.

We put on a good show in the first half which reaped its rewards. We started off really well as Joel Taylor made a number of runs down the left hand side, and we were energetic both on and off the ball. Brad Jackson broke the deadlock for us as he chipped the ball over the ‘keeper at the back post culminating a nice passage of play. Ross Davidson had a chance for the hosts as a shot from inside the area missed the target. Trafford weren’t a bad outfit to be honest, but our quality just got the better of them. Simon Grand put daylight between us and them as a Gary Roberts free kick found the former to stab home. We continued to play some decent stuff, and went into the break with a healthy advantage.

The second half was more of the same, but when it mattered we just couldn’t convert in the final third. We spent plenty of time on the ball in and around the area, although Trafford did well defensively to hold us off. In my opinion our opponents were sharper in this half as they went on a few attacks and battled well. However, Russ Griffiths and his defence produced a solid display to fend off any problems. Danny Elliott had a chance for us in the opening stages as he nodded wide from a Joel Taylor delivery. Trafford pulled a goal back just before the hour mark as Sam Baird headed in from a corner. A couple of opportunities fell to Joel Taylor who couldn’t convert on both occasions, unfortunately. His first chance forced a strong stop from the opposing ‘keeper, whilst he blazed over his second chance from just a few yards out. Our clinching goal came with around 15 minutes to go in comical fashion. A Matty Waters corner resulted in Dougie Nyaupembe performing a backwards header which fortunately for us, found the net. Just before time Russ Griffiths produced a decent save to beat Jordan Wynne’s effort away. We managed to see the game out to record a fine victory.

In my opinion, Joel Taylor stood out which makes him my man of the match. Especially in the first period, he was eye-catching going forward as his pace beat off Trafford’s defence really well. Also, he was involved in a lot of our moves as he produced a few fancy flicks and passed the ball around well. Russ Griffiths had a strong display too as he produced a string of fine saves to ease the burden. Brad Jackson had a good game as well because he was a threat on the right hand side, and managed to top it off with an early goal.

We move on to our final week of pre-season before the real thing gets up and running. I can imagine that we will field a strong side against FC United Of Manchester, then put out a young squad against Atherton Laburnum Rovers so that we don’t pick up any injuries. Our squad is gelling together very nicely which duly showed today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Jul 29 2019, 11:34 AM
Post #4

Rio Doherty

My match vlog:
https://youtu.be/M0klDxkYKJM
Hope you enjoy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 08:12 AM