Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Sep 10 2018, 06:34 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

So then, we return to the Swansway tomorrow evening as we host FC United Of Manchester - looking to record back-to-back wins for the first time since 2016. Saturday’s performance was another improvement on the attacking front, but defensively we were very shaky and must work on that tomorrow. FC United have one of the worst defences in this league so if we bring our shooting boots into this game, then hopefully we can expect another good result. Also, this will be the first of 4 rearranged fixtures which we must use to our advantage.

I’m definitely starting to see something click in our side now. As I said on Saturday, maybe the defeats at Telford and Blyth has woken up some of our players because since then our displays have been promising. Our support on Saturday was pivotal, especially at the end when we gave them a healthy reception by applauding them off, which will hopefully happen a lot more frequently.

FC United Of Manchester will be coming into this fixture sitting rock bottom. They’ve had a tough start to the season with them only winning 1 game and have been on the back of a few heavy defeats, but there recent form has picked up a little. I predict them to take a decent following from Manchester, as I seem to remember us playing them on a Wednesday night during our Evo-Stik days, when they brought a couple of hundred. Is it just me who thinks that FC United are a rather strange club? I know that they are fan-owned like ourselves, but the club was only formed due to some Man United fans protesting against the Glazer’s I think. That was 13 years ago now so I’m not quite sure why they are still going, but fair play to them.

After Saturday I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s game, and hopefully we’ll make it 2 wins in a row at HOME. If that is the case, attendances should start to creep up a bit which is just what we need. I wouldn’t get too over myself over this one, because here at Chester anything could happen. For example, we picked up a good result on Saturday and expect to follow that up tomorrow, but who knows with us 🤣. FC United should provide us with a decent game where I expect another goal fest. I’d definitely say that we are beginning to pick up now. This will be our first rearranged game so if we can record positive results in them all, then we can really start to look up the table. Come On You Blues!
Score: Chester FC (Deane Smalley, Dudley, Mooney) 3-1 FC United Of Manchester
Attendance: 1,725 (162 FC United Of Manchester)
COYB!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Sep 10 2018, 06:39 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Sep 10 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/V_5pGWkCAAk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Sep 11 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

On the whole a disappointing evening which just never got going. I thought that the actual match was rather flat and a draw is a fair result in all honesty. Of course the general feeling will consist of frustration due to FC United being bottom of the league, and we didn’t exploit that advantage. On the positive side though, we were much stronger defensively but up top we didn’t have that fire power.

We probably shaded the first half, although we weren’t at our best. I thought that we offered more than FC did chances wise but never had that killer end product. As I said earlier on, defensively we were much more solid. Steve Howson had another good game as well as Simon Grand who was dominant. Our midfield was effective at times, but the frustrating thing was we gave the ball away far too many times. FC United didn’t play too well, but they did make things tricky for us. At times though, we did play some decent stuff as our overall performance wasn’t dreadful.

FC United Of Manchester started to up there game in the second period. Again, there was some frustrating moments from our perspective as we never went that extra mile. I must confess though why Mahon got substituted just as he was starting to come alive. I’d just say that the whole game was just a flat spectacle which we must dust off going into Saturday.

A point isn’t the end of the world, but if we are to triumph at Boston then we must improve on this scrappy display. I’m really looking forward to this game as this may be the first and last time I go there, as I believe that there current stadium is due to be demolished. It will still be a winnable game as they have made an inconsistent start, so we must get right into them. Once again tonight’s result was a disappointment, but let’s not dwell on it too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Sep 11 2018, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Anti-climax after Saturday's excitement, and overall a draw was fair enough. Both teams gave the ball away far too cheaply and it made the game very disjointed. Makes you wonder why FC United were bottom, to me they looked a better outfit than Bradford.

It's all very Forest Gump with his chocolates at this level, it seems you never know what you're going to get next.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Sep 12 2018, 12:54 AM
Post #5

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Sep 12 2018, 06:54 AM) *
On the whole a disappointing evening which just never got going. I thought that the actual match was rather flat and a draw is a fair result in all honesty. Of course the general feeling will consist of frustration due to FC United being bottom of the league, and we didn’t exploit that advantage. On the positive side though, we were much stronger defensively but up top we didn’t have that fire power.

We probably shaded the first half, although we weren’t at our best. I thought that we offered more than FC did chances wise but never had that killer end product. As I said earlier on, defensively we were much more solid. Steve Howson had another good game as well as Simon Grand who was dominant. Our midfield was effective at times, but the frustrating thing was we gave the ball away far too many times. FC United didn’t play too well, but they did make things tricky for us. At times though, we did play some decent stuff as our overall performance wasn’t dreadful.

FC United Of Manchester started to up there game in the second period. Again, there was some frustrating moments from our perspective as we never went that extra mile. I must confess though why Mahon got substituted just as he was starting to come alive. I’d just say that the whole game was just a flat spectacle which we must dust off going into Saturday.

A point isn’t the end of the world, but if we are to triumph at Boston then we must improve on this scrappy display. I’m really looking forward to this game as this may be the first and last time I go there, as I believe that there current stadium is due to be demolished. It will still be a winnable game as they have made an inconsistent start, so we must get right into them. Once again tonight’s result was a disappointment, but let’s not dwell on it too much.

What was the attendance at this match and how many visitors?

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 12 2018, 10:42 AM
Post #6

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Sep 12 2018, 01:54 AM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Sep 12 2018, 06:54 AM) *

What was the attendance at this match and how many visitors?

attendance just over 2000, visitors about 150, thought the game was very entertaining for a 0-0 draw.

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Sep 12 2018, 02:57 PM
Post #7

Rio Doherty

My match highlights:
https://youtu.be/bGmmxOwCk4k

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Sep 12 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #8

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

It was a game devoid of any quality. They came (and set up) for a 0-0 draw, and put a lot of effort into achieving that aim, but frankly never looked like scoring. Our passing was too wayward to establish any rhythm, and because we're playing with two true wingers there is a lot of space in midfield for the opposition to work in. FCU ran out of steam for the last half hour and we were able to gain some measure of control in midfield, but sadly didn't take the opportunity to put some quality pressure on them. Last night was a total contrast to Saturday's first half where we attacked with pace and sharp incisive passing.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2018 - 08:12 PM