Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
RioTheBallBoy
post Sep 7 2018, 06:17 AM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

At long last we finally return to the Deva tomorrow as we host Bradford (Park Avenue) AFC. Firstly I must thank every single soul who has worked tirelessly around the clock to get this match on. That includes our board members, our volunteers, our chairman and the brilliant companies who have got everything ready (some people even had to do double shifts). I for one was disgusted with all of the conspiracy theorists (some of whom were our ‘supporters’) and I’m so glad that they will now have nothing to moan about.

Since Spennymoor, we have had to play 4 matches away from home with two of those ending in big disappointments. However, our performance at Guiseley last weekend was much more spirited and improved so I’m hoping that we will bring that spirit into Saturday. 4 successive away games has disrupted our season as well as preventing any momentum, but all of our troubles are over with now and I’d say that we undergo a fresh start on Saturday.

This match is a tough one to predict really. Bradford PA have started really strongly, but the old ‘home advantage’ cliché will be in our favour as our support is far superior to there’s. The Yorkshire side have won the vast majority of there matches and sit in second place. Our form has been inconsistent of late but in our only home game we shown some positive signs.

Once again thank you to everyone who has worked amazingly well to get this game ahead so let’s hope that they will be rewarded. This will be the first of two back-to-back home fixtures with this obviously looking the tougher game. There is nothing to be scared of Bradford though. I know they have made a great start, but we will be backed by a strong vocal support who will get behind the lads from the off. Also, our pitch should be in an immaculate condition which gives us no excuse not to be playing the ball on the ground. It’s been a while, but I can finally say that I am looking forward to watching us back at the Swansway. We have lost plenty of income over the past month, so PLEASE get down to the ground, help YOUR local club out and pack the Deva. Our season begins on Saturday so we must all put our recent performances to the back of our minds and give our players and manager’s a fresh start. Up The Seals!
Score: Chester FC (Mahon, Miller) 2-1 Bradford (Park Avenue) AFC
Attendance: 1,981 (84 Bradford (Park Avenue) AFC)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Sep 7 2018, 07:20 AM
Post #2

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Sep 7 2018, 07:17 AM) *
At long last we finally return to the Deva tomorrow as we host Bradford (Park Avenue) AFC. Firstly I must thank every single soul who has worked tirelessly around the clock to get this match on. That includes our board members, our volunteers, our chairman and the brilliant companies who have got everything ready (some people even had to do double shifts). I for one was disgusted with all of the conspiracy theorists (some of whom were our ‘supporters’) and I’m so glad that they will now have nothing to moan about.

Since Spennymoor, we have had to play 4 matches away from home with two of those ending in big disappointments. However, our performance at Guiseley last weekend was much more spirited and improved so I’m hoping that we will bring that spirit into Saturday. 4 successive away games has disrupted our season as well as preventing any momentum, but all of our troubles are over with now and I’d say that we undergo a fresh start on Saturday.

This match is a tough one to predict really. Bradford PA have started really strongly, but the old ‘home advantage’ cliché will be in our favour as our support is far superior to there’s. The Yorkshire side have won the vast majority of there matches and sit in second place. Our form has been inconsistent of late but in our only home game we shown some positive signs.

Once again thank you to everyone who has worked amazingly well to get this game ahead so let’s hope that they will be rewarded. This will be the first of two back-to-back home fixtures with this obviously looking the tougher game. There is nothing to be scared of Bradford though. I know they have made a great start, but we will be backed by a strong vocal support who will get behind the lads from the off. Also, our pitch should be in an immaculate condition which gives us no excuse not to be playing the ball on the ground. It’s been a while, but I can finally say that I am looking forward to watching us back at the Swansway. We have lost plenty of income over the past month, so PLEASE get down to the ground, help YOUR local club out and pack the Deva. Our season begins on Saturday so we must all put our recent performances to the back of our minds and give our players and manager’s a fresh start. Up The Seals!
Score: Chester FC (Mahon, Miller) 2-1 Bradford (Park Avenue) AFC
Attendance: 1,981 (84 Bradford (Park Avenue) AFC)
COYB!

Good post Rio, hope you're right about the scoreline.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Sep 8 2018, 04:49 AM
Post #3

1st team regular

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/zJM2TReN4Sk

--------------------

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Sep 8 2018, 12:56 PM
Post #4

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

2-1 BLUES THANKS RIO . cityscarf.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Sep 8 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #5

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

Great result. Onward and upward.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Sep 8 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #6

1st team regular

What an absolute cracker today - a thrilling game from start to finish. It’s also great to have that winning feeling back, especially at home. I’m saying this in a nice way, but I actually think the capitulations at Blyth and Telford are actually starting to bring the best out of us as our last two displays have been much improved. This win has to be dedicated to all of our hard-working volunteers and the companies who have worked extremely well to get this match on. Without them, we wouldn’t have witnessed an 8-goal thriller today.

The first half was really entertaining and was packed with drama. Obviously, I was disappointed to see Bradford go ahead so early on as it may have affected the overall mood. However, we fought back really well and soon turned the tables with two decent goals. The fighting spirit shown at Guiseley was certainly brought into this encounter, and if we show this endeavour more often then we will do well. Both defences were shaky in that half though which is why it was packed with goals. We did have a fair few shaky moments at the back, especially Dom Smalley’s shocking back-pass which was followed up by a shocking open goal miss to redeem himself. Bradford were certainly no mugs and played some decent football at times to get back into this contest, which shows that they were rather worthy of 3rd position at the start of the day. Craig Mahon had another brilliant game, dominating play and having a few decent shots. Bradford PA scored before the break to make things a little uneasy, but we went into half time with a positive scoreline.

The second period was packed with drama too, with entertaining end-to-end football. Bradford scored another goal which then put the match on a knife edge. I was like ‘’here we go again, yet another lead given away’’. However, that brought back our excellent fighting spirit to go on and win the game. Again, Craig Mahon was fantastic and put in another great performance. It’s fair to say that his form has been inconsistent since the Barnsley game, but overall he’s put in some great performances this campaign so hopefully we can expect more of the same. Dan Mooney had a decent game as well whilst his goal was very well taken. Also, I thought that Deane Smalley had a good game up top. It’s a shame that this was only his first appearance for us, but he held the ball up really well and looks like an effective player. We took advantage of our playing surface as we played some decent football on the floor. Over the past few years we have had to put up with the obligatory ‘hoof ball’, but I’ve definitely noticed that we are attempting to play proper football in this new era.

Of course it will take time for us to fully adapt, but I am beginning to see something click now. We were leaky at the back again, although we did manage to find the net more frequently which is all that matters. The only thing that us supporters can do is to continue to give the lads our full backing, as I’d like us to be applauding them off the field more regularly instead of jeering them off. Moments like that brings us all together.

Anyway, we move onto another home match on Tuesday evening. FC United have started to pick up a little, but it’s still a game that we should be winning. We still have a handful of matches in hand to catch up with, and if we do win the majority then we can start to look up a bit more. Things are looking better for us, and once again this victory wouldn't have been possible without all of the hard-working souls. What a game!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Sep 8 2018, 05:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Sep 8 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #7

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Excellent entertainment today. Always looked a high scoring game, mainly because both defences looked vulnerable. Attacking play was excellent, with plenty of pace evident and some superb goals. If this sort of exciting attacking play can be maintained then the crowds will surely increase. Looking forward to Tuesday and hopefully more of the same. cityscarf.gif

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Sep 8 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #8

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Sep 8 2018, 11:16 PM) *
Excellent entertainment today. Always looked a high scoring game, mainly because both defences looked vulnerable. Attacking play was excellent, with plenty of pace evident and some superb goals. If this sort of exciting attacking play can be maintained then the crowds will surely increase. Looking forward to Tuesday and hopefully more of the same. cityscarf.gif

Yup guiness.gif

Good report Rio too, can see you getting signed up by the local paper! smile.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Sep 9 2018, 02:14 AM
Post #9

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Sep 9 2018, 03:03 AM) *
What an absolute cracker today - a thrilling game from start to finish. It’s also great to have that winning feeling back, especially at home. I’m saying this in a nice way, but I actually think the capitulations at Blyth and Telford are actually starting to bring the best out of us as our last two displays have been much improved. This win has to be dedicated to all of our hard-working volunteers and the companies who have worked extremely well to get this match on. Without them, we wouldn’t have witnessed an 8-goal thriller today.

The first half was really entertaining and was packed with drama. Obviously, I was disappointed to see Bradford go ahead so early on as it may have affected the overall mood. However, we fought back really well and soon turned the tables with two decent goals. The fighting spirit shown at Guiseley was certainly brought into this encounter, and if we show this endeavour more often then we will do well. Both defences were shaky in that half though which is why it was packed with goals. We did have a fair few shaky moments at the back, especially Dom Smalley’s shocking back-pass which was followed up by a shocking open goal miss to redeem himself. Bradford were certainly no mugs and played some decent football at times to get back into this contest, which shows that they were rather worthy of 3rd position at the start of the day. Craig Mahon had another brilliant game, dominating play and having a few decent shots. Bradford PA scored before the break to make things a little uneasy, but we went into half time with a positive scoreline.

The second period was packed with drama too, with entertaining end-to-end football. Bradford scored another goal which then put the match on a knife edge. I was like ‘’here we go again, yet another lead given away’’. However, that brought back our excellent fighting spirit to go on and win the game. Again, Craig Mahon was fantastic and put in another great performance. It’s fair to say that his form has been inconsistent since the Barnsley game, but overall he’s put in some great performances this campaign so hopefully we can expect more of the same. Dan Mooney had a decent game as well whilst his goal was very well taken. Also, I thought that Deane Smalley had a good game up top. It’s a shame that this was only his first appearance for us, but he held the ball up really well and looks like an effective player. We took advantage of our playing surface as we played some decent football on the floor. Over the past few years we have had to put up with the obligatory ‘hoof ball’, but I’ve definitely noticed that we are attempting to play proper football in this new era.

Of course it will take time for us to fully adapt, but I am beginning to see something click now. We were leaky at the back again, although we did manage to find the net more frequently which is all that matters. The only thing that us supporters can do is to continue to give the lads our full backing, as I’d like us to be applauding them off the field more regularly instead of jeering them off. Moments like that brings us all together.

Anyway, we move onto another home match on Tuesday evening. FC United have started to pick up a little, but it’s still a game that we should be winning. We still have a handful of matches in hand to catch up with, and if we do win the majority then we can start to look up a bit more. Things are looking better for us, and once again this victory wouldn't have been possible without all of the hard-working souls. What a game!

That was a most unusual scoreline today. I don't ever remember seeing that scoreline before for Chester FC v anyone else.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Sep 9 2018, 08:26 AM
Post #10

1st team regular

My match highlights:
https://youtu.be/cJPHOm8Wn3M
Enjoy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 10 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

great result, very entertaining stuff, if we can sort the defence out we will do ok this year, last time we were in the conference north we had 3 or 4 excellent loanees, think we probably need similar if we are to compete for a top spot, excellent show by the volunteers to get this match underway and a big shoutout goes to the man who got us our beer back cheers guiness.gif guiness.gif guiness.gif

by the way, me liked having cleggy on in the blues bar before the game , did you?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 11:35 AM