Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 31 2018, 08:34 AM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

We are on the road yet again tomorrow as we head to Guiseley who got relegated from the National League with us last season. I’d say that it’s a game we must not lose tomorrow so we can get back on track. Our lack of home games has sadly killed us as we’ve had to wait a while to bounce back from both of our away defeats. This match could go either way really. It’s the type of game we should be winning, but it will also be a tough test as Marcus Bignot will be fired up for this, which is why I’m going to sit on the fence and go for a draw. I must be in the minority here, but I have a lot of respect for Bignot given the circumstances, and would certainly give him a warm welcome (unlike McCarthy).

Guiseley started off the season with a couple of defeats, but they are now coming into this fixture 5 games unbeaten (4 draws I know) and are a physical side. It will also be interesting to see how Kingsley James and Andy Halls fare off with them both not having an easy ride last season, whilst Jon Worsnop could start in goal.

I do expect a much improved performance tomorrow in Yorkshire. If I was the manager(s) I would make a couple of tweaks in the starting line-up. I’d swap Danny Livesey for Jon Moran, Dom Smalley for Matty Thomson and start Lloyd Marsh-Hughes up front with Anthony Dudley. Dudley was really isolated at Telford without a partner, but when Marsh-Hughes came on we improved. Guiseley are a physical side and will provide him with a good test as he’s quite a big lad, so this game will suit him. This will be my FOURTH trip to Nethermoor (god knows why because it’s a terrible ground). All 3 games ended in draws so let’s hope it’s fourth time lucky. I expect us to take another decent following tomorrow so let’s hope that we can be rewarded for once. I’ll be there as ever. Up The Seals!
Score: Guiseley 1-1 Chester FC (Grand)
Attendance: 682 (315 Chester)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 31 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/68smBsllFnM

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Sep 1 2018, 04:39 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

A point is not the end of the world at all, and at least we have got off the mark again. Performance wise, we improved loads today while we can take positives out of this. Overall, the actual match was quite dire and was heading for a 0-0. No disrespect, but Guiseley were terrible. I’m finding it quite hard to realise how they are 6 games unbeaten because all they did was hoof the ball. They were all over the place at times and had very little quality. I always thought that it would turn out to be a tough game, but judging by that I can’t see Guiseley pulling any trees this season.

In general we were the better team and it would’ve been very harsh to be heading back home empty handed. I suppose we did to them what they did to us last season by scoring an equaliser right at the death. In the first half, our performance was much improved. We had one or two chances where we should’ve gone in front. I think it was Dudley who missed an absolute sitter from a few yards out. He hit his shot very tamely into the keeper’s hands, where he should’ve just laced his shot into the back of the net. We had a similar chance later on the half where we should’ve gone in front but our composure just wasn’t showing. Defensively, we were quite solid and it was nice to see Jon Moran start, who in my opinion should be starting more regularly. Steve Howson had a decent game too. Again, I must stress how Guiseley were so ineffective which is why I felt a little frustrated that we weren’t in front at the break.

In the second period, Guiseley stepped up a little bit more but still weren’t great. We were a little bit exposed on the right hand side and had to make a few decent blocks to stay in it. Just like last week, I don’t understand why Mahon got took off when he was playing well on the ball. It was a killer blow when Guiseley did score though, as it was an undeserved scrappy goal. At that point I thought we had let another 3 points slip under our fingers, but how wrong was I! Jon Moran scored a goal which we very muchly deserved as our performance was worthy of a point at least. I must sadly report an incident of what is believed to be racial abuse. When we scored, the Guiseley player who had previously got ‘injured’ was walking alongside the pitch near our end. However, a Chester ‘’fan’’ had a pop at him and was calling him all sorts of things and offending his skin colour. That ‘’fan’’ rightly got kicked out and will hopefully face deep consequences. Racism should NEVER be tolerated at ANY level of football, and that ‘’fan’’ is an absolute disgrace to our community club.

I’d say that a draw is a fair result really, and a stepping stone which we must execute from now on. This game wasn’t a thriller at all but I’d have taken at least a point all day long. Let’s back the boys next weekend and pack the Deva after an extremely long break.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Sep 2 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #4

1st team regular

My match highlights:
https://youtu.be/EH9Zuyld8IY

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Sep 3 2018, 08:41 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Sep 2 2018, 12:12 PM) *
My match highlights:

Thanks Rio. Your longer highlights allow a much better perspective on how we played than the official highlights do (and they often miss out critical plays/chances).

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Sep 3 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #6

1st team regular

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Sep 3 2018, 09:41 PM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Sep 2 2018, 12:12 PM) *
My match highlights:

Thanks Rio. Your longer highlights allow a much better perspective on how we played than the official highlights do (and they often miss out critical plays/chances).

Cheers mate. I’ve actually just been criticised on the other forum for my highlights being ‘’too long’’, but thankfully everything’s been sorted now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Sep 4 2018, 10:08 AM
Post #7

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Sep 3 2018, 10:13 PM) *
........ I’ve actually just been criticised on the other forum for my highlights being ‘’too long’’, but thankfully everything’s been sorted now.

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time wink.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 09:49 AM