Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 24 2018, 09:21 AM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Lightning has struck us a fair few times over the past couple of weeks, but we are finally back in action tomorrow as we make the short trip to AFC Telford United for a local derby. It certainly has been a turbulent fortnight after an exciting Summer - only at Chester would that happen. At least for the time being though, we can talk a little bit more about football and I can’t wait to see us back in action again. Some can argue that our lack of match action will turn into a blessing in disguise. Our players will have had two whole weeks to clear the Blyth defeat out of there heads, regroup together and start afresh, so hopefully we will see a different Chester side out on the field this weekend.

AFC Telford United have made a really strong start this season, and this won’t be the best of games to get a reaction out of. The Shropshire club signed some good players in the Summer and could prove a few wrong. This is a fairly local fixture so I would hope that we take a strong following.

I understand that not everybody is happy right now, but all I’m thinking to myself is that ‘’the season starts now for us’’. We have had a ‘mini pre-season’ to get over ourselves, sort out what went wrong and now we must start to climb up the table. We must support our team from the first whistle to the last, without any abuse, and hope that they can turn things around as we still have 39 matches to play. Come On You Blues!
Score: AFC Telford United 1-2 Chester FC (Grand, Hughes)
Attendance: 1,403 (549 Chester)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 24 2018, 07:34 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/P_4DR_qxTb4

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Aug 25 2018, 02:26 PM
Post #3

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

2-0 down already so much for being up for it!!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 25 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

They're mostly only young lads, it may take them some time to get that heavy defeat out of their systems, especially with not being able to play any home games for a month.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 25 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Well that was another abject performance by us today which has left me even more worried. We have had a long 2 week break to recharge the batteries and get over the Blyth debacle, but what has made me frustrated is that our players have not repaid us supporters at all, and have put in a heartless display for the second time. I know for a fact that Telford are a very good side and played us off the park today, but over the last two games we have looked extremely disjointed and have had no clue whatsoever on what to do.

I could not believe how low our communication and concentration levels were this afternoon. The amount of times our players didn’t know who was taking a corner, a free kick or even a THROW IN was uncountable. An amount of our supporters understandably booed them off at half time and chanted the likes of ‘’you’re not fit to wear the shirt’’, but any professional should switch off from stuff like that and get on with the game. It’s fair to say that we are only 4 games into what will be a long season. Personally, I will make a fairer judgment after 10 games because so far we have put in two good performances in our first two games, whilst our last two displays have been simply unacceptable.

Our supporters have a defined right to give their opinions whether it is at a game or on a message board. However, I did notice that a few of our players’ confidence levels dropped deeper as the match progressed. Give them their due, they did come over to us at full time although Bern and Jonno didn’t acknowledge our support whatsoever and disappeared down the tunnel. It is quite sad reading some of the comments tonight as it appears that the jury is starting to come out from a few posters on here. Whilst these last 2 results have been poor, we must give them our full support as to call for somebody’s head 4 games in isn’t right in my opinion. They are here for the long term and blips like this will happen.

These last 18 months has certainly not been short of negativity but we must continue to support our club because eventually things will start to click. We now have a full week to prepare for Guiseley so anything less than a win there will make things turn even more sourer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Aug 25 2018, 11:21 PM
Post #6

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Aug 25 2018, 07:30 PM) *
Well that was another abject performance by us today which has left me even more worried. We have had a long 2 week break to recharge the batteries and get over the Blyth debacle, but what has made me frustrated is that our players have not repaid us supporters at all, and have put in a heartless display for the second time. I know for a fact that Telford are a very good side and played us off the park today, but over the last two games we have looked extremely disjointed and have had no clue whatsoever on what to do.

I could not believe how low our communication and concentration levels were this afternoon. The amount of times our players didn’t know who was taking a corner, a free kick or even a THROW IN was uncountable. An amount of our supporters understandably booed them off at half time and chanted the likes of ‘’you’re not fit to wear the shirt’’, but any professional should switch off from stuff like that and get on with the game. It’s fair to say that we are only 4 games into what will be a long season. Personally, I will make a fairer judgment after 10 games because so far we have put in two good performances in our first two games, whilst our last two displays have been simply unacceptable.

Our supporters have a defined right to give their opinions whether it is at a game or on a message board. However, I did notice that a few of our players’ confidence levels dropped deeper as the match progressed. Give them their due, they did come over to us at full time although Bern and Jonno didn’t acknowledge our support whatsoever and disappeared down the tunnel. It is quite sad reading some of the comments tonight as it appears that the jury is starting to come out from a few posters on here. Whilst these last 2 results have been poor, we must give them our full support as to call for somebody’s head 4 games in isn’t right in my opinion. They are here for the long term and blips like this will happen.

These last 18 months has certainly not been short of negativity but we must continue to support our club because eventually things will start to click. We now have a full week to prepare for Guiseley so anything less than a win there will make things turn even more sourer.

Agree we are a disjointed team who look to be going nowhere but down,What amazes me is we cannot afford to keep a good striker but we can afford TWO managers who simply who don’t have f**king clue!!! these two clowns are going to take us down, We need A Graham Barrow!!!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 26 2018, 11:57 AM
Post #7

1st team regular

My match highlights:
https://youtu.be/ANqYxQtilyk

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 27 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #8

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Aug 26 2018, 04:00 AM) *

Rio is always supportive of Chester FC and even in bad times he always tries to put a good shine on things rather than being negative, but not this time. 3mm tries to explain things away by saying that they are only youngsters who have still not got the Blyth Spartans debacle out of their system. Whereas Gizmo's Dad expresses his feelings much more directly and tells it exactly the way he (and many others) think it is. Just terrible! Three communications along with probably many others not bothering to waste their time saying anything because they are so disappointed after all their efforts in bringing the funds in to keep us going! There has to be deeper explanations here regarding what has gone wrong and having gone wrong are not corrected next time out and after an unexpected longer break in time to repair the damage. Just terrible! When Rio writes: "Bern and Jonno didn’t acknowledge our support whatsoever and disappeared down the tunnel" they may be excused as an illustration that this was THEIR disgust with the disappointment as just presented by the players. But if Rio is correct that no-one on the field knew who was taking corner kicks then that is disgraceful and then we are in really deep trouble. But you cannot change the history - this Telford event has happened - but the future can be influenced. Let us hope it will be next Saturday ! If not then .....

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 27 2018, 10:01 AM
Post #9

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Aug 26 2018, 12:21 AM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Aug 25 2018, 07:30 PM) *

Agree we are a disjointed team who look to be going nowhere but down,What amazes me is we cannot afford to keep a good striker but we can afford TWO managers who simply who don’t have f**king clue!!! these two clowns are going to take us down, We need A Graham Barrow!!!

Think people get a bit bogged down in the idea of us having two managers. It’s only really the same as having a manager and an assistant, it’s just that in this case they have equal responsibility.

And it’s time to get over Barrow once and for all now, surely? He’s at Wrexham now, and went there out of choice even though he surely doesn’t need the money.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2018 - 08:14 PM