Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changing the Chester FC official web site picture, Chester was never purple and white stripes and white shorts
JamesDee
post Aug 23 2018, 09:32 AM
Post #1

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

At the time this picture for the Chester FC official web site was introduced I complained then and now I do so again. Why, because every time I go there I become annoyed at the complete misrepresentation of the club I have supported since I was ten years old - now that is 81 years! The primary colours of Chester FC shirts are thinner blue and white stripes for the shirt and not this awful purple (or mauve it you wish - such a dreadful colour anyway) and shorts that are not white but black! This introductory picture could not be more wrong. It needs changing.

And yes, I know that in the distant past there were other shirts of other colours used but who we were mainly and has been mostly historically is as described above.. Yes the stripes were once green and we have had full red shirts and true I do like very much the dark blue with the thin narrow stripe but historically we should always retain the shirt in pictures that we have mostly had over the years ie the narrower rather than broader blue and white stripes (like WBA) and black shorts. Not purple striped shirts!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 23 2018, 11:59 AM
Post #2

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Aug 23 2018, 10:32 AM) *
At the time this picture for the Chester FC official web site was introduced I complained then and now I do so again. Why, because every time I go there I become annoyed at the complete misrepresentation of the club I have supported since I was ten years old - now that is 81 years! The primary colours of Chester FC shirts are thinner blue and white stripes for the shirt and not this awful purple (or mauve it you wish - such a dreadful colour anyway) and shorts that are not white but black! This introductory picture could not be more wrong. It needs changing.

And yes, I know that in the distant past there were other shirts of other colours used but who we were mainly and has been mostly historically is as described above.. Yes the stripes were once green and we have had full red shirts and true I do like very much the dark blue with the thin narrow stripe but historically we should always retain the shirt in pictures that we have mostly had over the years ie the narrower rather than broader blue and white stripes (like WBA) and black shorts. Not purple striped shirts!

I think James that it may be your computer/software that is making it appear purple. It shows as blue stripes for me and, since no one else has complained or pointed it out, I guess everyone else sees them as blue stripes.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 24 2018, 09:13 AM
Post #3

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 23 2018, 09:29 PM) *
QUOTE (JamesDee @ Aug 23 2018, 10:32 AM) *

I think James that it may be your computer/software that is making it appear purple. It shows as blue stripes for me and, since no one else has complained or pointed it out, I guess everyone else sees them as blue stripes.

I've no idea how your suggestion can occur when all other coloured photographs for me are quite OK unless it is in the Pichero picture colour system itself. Wierd! And I'm not colour blind either. In any case the white shorts are quite wrong.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2018 - 02:05 PM