Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The infrastructure of the Deva Stadium.
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 14 2018, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

It has come as no surprise to me and a few others that today’s problem has come about.
Those of us in the West Stand often see water pouring out of broken gutters on a wet day.
That is what we can see of course, as you know, water has a knack of finding every exposed nook and cranny in buildings that have been neglected.
I remember at the end of last season walking away from the ground with a friend and looking at the sad appearance of the stadium and saying to him “We look like a relegated side, Stadium and all.”
I’m not apportioning blame to anyone, but it seems the club has certainly taken its eye off the ball regarding the condition of the outside of stadium and roof etc.
I’m sure the board will now be organising a complete examination of the roof and structure of the stadium,for health and safety reasons if nothing else.
Certainly, also, the stadium desperately needs a coat of paint.
The next problem could be the floodlights, I was told recently, that the reason that there are lights out was because water was getting into the lighting system.
That could be a potential match abandonment if they suddenly failed during a match.
I know that “lack of money” may be the reason that these jobs can’t be done, but also the club can not afford to have more postponed matches either.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 14 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #2

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 14 2018, 10:48 PM) *
It has come as no surprise to me and a few others that today’s problem has come about.
Those of us in the West Stand often see water pouring out of broken gutters on a wet day.
That is what we can see of course, as you know, water has a knack of finding every exposed nook and cranny in buildings that have been neglected.
I remember at the end of last season walking away from the ground with a friend and looking at the sad appearance of the stadium and saying to him “We look like a relegated side, Stadium and all.”
I’m not apportioning blame to anyone, but it seems the club has certainly taken its eye off the ball regarding the condition of the outside of stadium and roof etc.
I’m sure the board will now be organising a complete examination of the roof and structure of the stadium,for health and safety reasons if nothing else.
The next problem could be the floodlights, I was told recently, that the reason that there are lights out was because water was getting into the lighting system.
That could be a potential match abandonment if they suddenly failed during a match.
I know that “lack of money” may be the reason that these jobs can’t be done, but also the club can not afford to have more postponed matches either.

Very telling observations. But does the landlord (West Cheshire) not have some involvement or does the wording of the lease place that responsibility on the tenant?

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 14 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Aug 14 2018, 02:30 PM) *

Very telling observations. But does the landlord (West Cheshire) not have some involvement or does the wording of the lease place that responsibility on the tenant?

I’m not an expert on it, but I would imagine the tenant has a responsibility to look after the landlords property.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 15 2018, 12:01 PM
Post #4

JamesDee

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 15 2018, 03:03 AM) *

I’m not an expert on it, but I would imagine the tenant has a responsibility to look after the landlords property.

Neither am I an expert in these matters, but it would be very interesting to see what the wording of the lease says or doesn't say about these matters of responsibility. From what you have written and what has happened and the postponements that have been announced it is obviously now a very urgent, critical and unexpected matter, ie probably orginally outside the budget but now topping the budget's requirements when you write about floodlighting!

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 16 2018, 12:24 PM
Post #5

JamesDee

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Aug 15 2018, 09:31 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 15 2018, 03:03 AM) *

Neither am I an expert in these matters, but it would be very interesting to see what the wording of the lease says or doesn't say about these matters of responsibility. From what you have written and what has happened and the postponements that have been announced it is obviously now a very urgent, critical and unexpected matter, ie probably originally outside the budget but now topping the budget's requirements when you write about floodlighting!

Now we have the announcement that Saturday's game against FC United of Manchester is also postponed while every available step is being taken by specialized contractors and willing volunteers to try to get things dried out for electrical testing and work to be done to get the Safety Certificate maintained. This is pretty serious stuff going on and will surely affect our finances. Last years postponed first away game problems fades into insignificance compared with this problem on "our own door step." [More information is on the Chester FC web site just issued.]

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Aug 16 2018, 01:49 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

Makes you wonder what Maxiflow did when they were sponsors of the East Stand as I seem to recall stadium maintenance was part of the deal.

--------------------
If you can

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Aug 16 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #7

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

I hope the insurance people don’t see this thread!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 17 2018, 02:25 AM
Post #8

JamesDee

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Aug 17 2018, 06:29 AM) *

Let's hope the previous Board continued paying the insurance policy assuming they had one and that it covered all rain damage and that they had the money available and paid the premium to have the necessary cover! A good question for the next CFU meeting whenever it is to be held.

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Aug 17 2018, 07:46 AM
Post #9

Banksy's Profile

Member No.: 1169

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Aug 17 2018, 02:25 AM) *

Let's hope the previous Board continued paying the insurance policy assuming they had one and that it covered all rain damage and that they had the money available and paid the premium to have the necessary cover! A good question for the next CFU meeting whenever it is to be held.

Insurance very much in place and paid for!

Jeff

--------------------
Follow my Twitter @Banks247 / Facebook JB

One Voice, One Passion

I am a Chester fan...I am a Cestrian

CHESTER FC - EVO-STIK FIRST DIVISION NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010/11, EVO-STIK PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011/12, BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012/13

Our Community, Our City, Our Club.

Jeff Banks - Media Volunteer

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 17 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #10

JamesDee

QUOTE (Banksy @ Aug 17 2018, 05:16 PM) *
QUOTE (JamesDee @ Aug 17 2018, 02:25 AM) *

Insurance very much in place and paid for!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. That is very good news in a very sad and depressing situation.

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Aug 18 2018, 08:42 AM
Post #11

1st team legend

Good news thanks Jeff, Hope we get going again very soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 18 2018, 09:34 AM
Post #12

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Let's hope it's not a case of "fully insured, as long as you've kept your property in a reasonable state of repair".

These days, it only takes a quick look round the ground to see how shabby everything looks. The insurance people might take the view that they'll pay for accidental or unexpected damage, but not routine maintenance.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 23 2018, 09:31 AM
Post #13

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Latest club statement on the ground repairs.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
TRFC4ever
post Aug 28 2018, 01:04 PM
Post #14

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 5590

We had a similiar problem a few seasons back when the wind damaged a section of the roof of the main stand during a very bad storm , leading to water damage to the club offices and club shop (the storeroom of which was virtually flooded leading to a lot of the stock having to be thrown away) as well as the seating areas in the stand itself. This lead to a bank holday game against Rochdale being called off. As far as I remember rightly the insurance handled the cost of the repairs but it made a right mess of the general running of the club for a while as many of the computers etc were damaged. Yours, sadly, seems to be far worse and I hope you get it sorted out as soon as you can. This must be playing havoc with your cash flow, having 3 games called off especially the FC United game which I can only assume would be one of your bigger pay days this season.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 29 2018, 12:04 AM
Post #15

JamesDee

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 23 2018, 07:01 PM) *

Thank you Albert Davies for your most comprehensive explanatory statement if what has happened and where we are at at this moment in time. Who would be a Board Director involved in this mess and also having to deal with the financialconsequences of no home games for income and a football team not playing up to expectations.. Thank you to all Board Directors dealing with these dreadful issues. We will support you as we can.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Aug 29 2018, 12:06 AM
Post #16

JamesDee

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 23 2018, 07:01 PM) *

Thank you Albert Davies for your most comprehensive explanatory statement of what has happened and where we are at at this moment in time. Who would be a Board Director involved in this mess and also having to deal with the financialconsequences of no home games for income and a football team not playing up to expectations.. Thank you to all Board Directors dealing with these dreadful issues. We will support you as we can.

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Aug 29 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #17

1st team legend

QUOTE (TRFC4ever @ Aug 28 2018, 02:04 PM) *
We had a similiar problem a few seasons back when the wind damaged a section of the roof of the main stand during a very bad storm , leading to water damage to the club offices and club shop (the storeroom of which was virtually flooded leading to a lot of the stock having to be thrown away) as well as the seating areas in the stand itself. This lead to a bank holday game against Rochdale being called off. As far as I remember rightly the insurance handled the cost of the repairs but it made a right mess of the general running of the club for a while as many of the computers etc were damaged. Yours, sadly, seems to be far worse and I hope you get it sorted out as soon as you can. This must be playing havoc with your cash flow, having 3 games called off especially the FC United game which I can only assume would be one of your bigger pay days this season.

Thanks for that and good luck to you for the rest of the season!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2018 - 08:12 PM