Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Mar 16 2018, 12:27 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

It’s not going to get any easier tomorrow as we play Aldershot Town at home. They may have lost 7-1 at Fylde the other day, but they will certainly want a reaction so it’s going to be a tough game. Saying that though, I actually think that we are a bit of a bogey team towards Aldershot. We seem to have a good record against them as of course we thrashed them 8-2, beat them at the end of the 2015/16 season, drew 0-0 2 years ago, beat them 2-0 at home and of course won 2-1 away back in August in what was Jon McCarthy’s finest moment as manager 😁. Hopefully that omen will go our way tomorrow although they are a good side. Also Youngy is back here so let’s hope that he can have a winning start. Come On City!
Score: Chester FC (Akintunde) 1-2 Aldershot Town
Attendance: 1,758 (243 Aldershot Town)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Mar 16 2018, 06:51 AM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/FezysADAUtM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Mar 17 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Rio Doherty

That was an awkward game today. Weather was awful, the match quality was dire and our performance was rather poor but if you had told me at the start of today that we would get a point, then I would’ve taken it. I’m really pleased with that result considering how uninspiring our performance was. That must’ve been the coldest I have felt at a match in a long while and even more so as we struggled to get out of our own half. Aldershot must be kicking themselves on how they didn’t win as they dominated the play. I thought that they would nick it right at the death, but fair play to the lads for hanging on. Andy Firth played well in goal. If it wasn’t for him then we could’ve lost by a couple today. Our defence was fairly solid, but apart from that it was just a dire display. We didn’t even have a single shot on goal which sums it up for me. If we had more quality in the final 3rd then we could’ve produced something. Remember, that was a defence who conceded SEVEN goals last week. Today, we didn’t even have a single shot. Recently our lack of quality up front has killed us. Our strikers are either getting caught offside or are just in wrong positions. It is a case of both (especially the latter) as our forward men just haven’t been getting in the right positions at the right times. That is my frustration about today but apart from that I am happy with a point against a good Aldershot team. It will just get even more tougher a week today, though. Sutton may have lost today but they are a really good team who can score a lot of goals. I’m dreading to think what the result will be if we don’t turn up, but I hope that we can produce a rare moment of joy.

National League North is inevitable!

--------------------

+Quote Post
voice of reason
post Mar 17 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Squad player

Member No.: 9846

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Mar 17 2018, 08:14 PM) *
That was an awkward game today. Weather was awful, the match quality was dire and our performance was rather poor but if you had told me at the start of today that we would get a point, then I would’ve taken it. I’m really pleased with that result considering how uninspiring our performance was. That must’ve been the coldest I have felt at a match in a long while and even more so as we struggled to get out of our own half. Aldershot must be kicking themselves on how they didn’t win as they dominated the play. I thought that they would nick it right at the death, but fair play to the lads for hanging on. Andy Firth played well in goal. If it wasn’t for him then we could’ve lost by a couple today. Our defence was fairly solid, but apart from that it was just a dire display. We didn’t even have a single shot on goal which sums it up for me. If we had more quality in the final 3rd then we could’ve produced something. Remember, that was a defence who conceded SEVEN goals last week. Today, we didn’t even have a single shot. Recently our lack of quality up front has killed us. Our strikers are either getting caught offside or are just in wrong positions. It is a case of both (especially the latter) as our forward men just haven’t been getting in the right positions at the right times. That is my frustration about today but apart from that I am happy with a point against a good Aldershot team. It will just get even more tougher a week today, though. Sutton may have lost today but they are a really good team who can score a lot of goals. I’m dreading to think what the result will be if we don’t turn up, but I hope that we can produce a rare moment of joy.

One shot Harry White which keeper parried and should have brought a goal

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Mar 18 2018, 01:28 AM
Post #5

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (voice of reason @ Mar 18 2018, 09:09 AM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Mar 17 2018, 08:14 PM) *

One shot Harry White which keeper parried and should have brought a goal

Looking at today's Goals For column (32) and the Goals Against column (61) tells the real story of the season by comparison with other teams ahead of us in the National League. We needed to have scored at least 10 to 15 more goals to be have been competitive and to have let in a good many less goals. We have defaulted at both ends in attack and in defence and are worst in the National League apart from Guiseley.

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Mar 18 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #6

Rio Doherty

Match highlights:
https://youtu.be/Aaxs9FmrD14

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 09:09 PM