Total Votes: 5
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Mar 5 2018, 12:47 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Thankfully our postponement on Saturday doesn’t mean that we have to wait too long to watch us in action again. It will be a tough test under the light against Dover Athletic tomorrow night. Dover have done really well this season. They sold a few key players in the summer but they have defied the odds once again and are overachieving. Our recent performances have been much more encouraging though, so it will be good if we can build on that tomorrow. Also, this is our last match before the big derby on Sunday, so I would like us to go into that game on the back of a good result against Dover with a lot of confidence. Up The Seals!
Score: Chester FC 0-2 Dover Athletic
Attendance: 1,442 (30 Dover Athletic)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Mar 5 2018, 06:35 AM
Post #2

Rio Doherty

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/iICT2gbVtKY

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Mar 6 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

think we may nick this one, Alabi & Richards return

+Quote Post
SueC
post Mar 6 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #4

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 110

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Mar 6 2018, 05:40 PM) *
think we may nick this one, Alabi & Richards return

They're not playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Mar 6 2018, 11:34 PM
Post #5

Rio Doherty

Extremely disappointing tonight. Not only footballing wise but attendance wise too. Before I start my ‘report’, I just want to say something about tonight’s embarrassing attendance. When Cleggy announced that it was 1,182, I literally almost fell off my seat. I thought we had 1,100 season ticket holders, so either all of them came with no non-st holders, or a large chunk of st-holders didn’t bother with a few non-st holders in attendance. Attendances are one of our most important income of money. We should be busting a gut to be getting high attendances. I know the football served at the Deva has been really poor this campaign, but is our club actually trying to bring in new fans? The hardcore is reducing more and more now, and before long we will see our first ever sub-1,000 crowd in a competitive league game since reformation. I get that it was a cold Tuesday night today, but the crowd was appalling. Fair play to everyone who did come though.
The game was frustrating. I thought that we played well in the first period. We had some chances and coped well with Dover. However, I did think that they were a bit dirty and the ref was quite poor too. No wonder he got booed off at half time. The second half was poor. Dover deserved the win and did so via two defensive mistakes. We could’ve done better at the corner, and sadly Ryan Astles takes the blame for the second. We were just outmuscled by the better side tonight.
I’m still confident about Wrexham on Sunday though. The form book and league table definitely goes out of the window for these games (2013 anyone?) I’ve heard that the ticket sales have been boosted today so hopefully our following will be a bit more respectable. We need everyone to get down there though if possible. It may be our last derby for a long while, and who knows how it will pan out. Come On You Blues!

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Mar 7 2018, 12:50 AM
Post #6

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

In a nutshell, played quite well but were outmuscled by a dirty team.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Mar 7 2018, 03:29 AM
Post #7

Youth team

Member No.: 11862

QUOTE (3mm @ Mar 7 2018, 12:50 AM) *
In a nutshell, played quite well but were outmuscled by a dirty team.

I thought we played the best passing football for a while.
We at times showed some nice quality and I thought personally the first goal was against the run of play.

However, we did struggle on corners throughout the game

we had two good chances during the game and we did not take them and that cost us.

Harry White for me is not good enough - he may have scored a few goals but his overall contribution is poor.
He really should have scored his chance and he miss-kicked a few times in the box.

We really have to make people aware matches are being played - I'm a season ticket holder and I only saw the match was on Tuesday by accident.

+Quote Post
Jasmine
post Mar 7 2018, 08:07 AM
Post #8

1st team regular
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 24

I thought we played well in the first half and if we had taken any of the goalscoring opportunities we had then it could have made all the difference. But sadly, as has been the case quite a few times this season, we didnt get that all important first goal then conceded from a corner and it was all downhill after that. However, we should be very pleased with the performance of Crawford he is starting to settle well into the first team. Also the effort being put in by the team is a vast improvement on the first half of the season.

--------------------
Chester FC is for life, not just for Christmas (or when we're winning!)

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Mar 8 2018, 10:58 PM
Post #9

Rio Doherty

Match highlights:
https://youtu.be/WHkL_Phfnuo

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 05:15 AM