Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
RioTheBallBoy
post Feb 23 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

A long trip to Essex awaits us tomorrow as we take on crisis-hit Dagenham And Redbridge. Our last two performances have been encouraging and have shown a lot more effort which is positive. Dagenham haven’t been too bad this season, but they are a bit out of form currently. Obviously they have a lot of issues now with their owner pulling out on them. Tomorrow’s game could go either way really. It won’t be too easy to predict, but I think that we will get beat in an encouraging display. I’m looking forward to the trip down there too.
Hopefully Marcus will stick with a similar starting line-up than over the past week as that team has been the most suitable one. It’s looking harder and harder to stay up by the week, but I won’t given up until it becomes mathematically impossible. Come On You Blues!
Score: Dagenham And Redbridge 2-1 Chester FC (Vose)
Attendance: 1,456 (138 Chester)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SueC
post Feb 23 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 110

The Exiles will be meeting in the social club at the ground. We'll have our fundraising car stickers for sale too. citysign.GIF

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Feb 23 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Squad player

My match preview:
https://youtu.be/X72uIPzCqxI

--------------------

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Feb 24 2018, 08:36 AM
Post #4

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

2-1 blues . safe trip everyone . guiness.gif cityscarf.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Feb 24 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Team news for today.

Starting XI: Hornby, Halls, Hobson, Astles, Anderson, Waters, Roberts, Crawford, Vose, Hannah, Archer.
Subs: Firth, Akintunde, White, Mahon, Dawson.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Feb 24 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #6

1st team regular

Oh well .... 1-0 down after 11 mins.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 24 2018, 03:59 PM
Post #7

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

HT 1-1 Archer in 31st minute.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 24 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #8

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

2-1 up after 62 mins, Matty Waters

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Feb 24 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #9

1st team regular

I think the gods have decided they want us relegated. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 24 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #10

Youth team

Member No.: 12909

The team bus should leave Bignot in Dagenham. The "man" is a disgrace. How he can be called a football Manager is laughable and to think lots of fans welcomed him joining our club. For the record I said at the time he was a disastrous appointment.

This post has been edited by whopper3: Feb 24 2018, 06:27 PM

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 24 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #11

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Feb 24 2018, 06:06 PM) *
The team bus should leave Bignot in Dagenham. The "man" is a disgrace. How he can be called a football Manager is laughable and to think lots of fans welcomed him joining our club. For the record I said at the time he was a disastrous appointment.

We've given you a chance on here, but enough is enough. Your posting ability has been removed. It's boring reading the same thing over and over and over again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Feb 24 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #12

Squad player

Got back home around 10’ish due to that M6 traffic. I was too tired to write my own summary of the game so I may as well do so now. I was absolutely gutted to see us fall apart in the last 5 minutes. We were brilliant for nearly all of the game but just switched off at the end. Today’s game felt like the exact mirror image of Dagenham away last year, ironically on a similar date. I really enjoyed today’s match and the atmosphere was great. There really was a feel-good factor around the away end (especially when we were winning).
We started off a little bit slowly, but grew into it once Dagenham scored. To be fair, it was a good strike by Okenabirhie and Hornby couldn’t do too much. That goal sparked us into life. We passed the ball around well and created some decent half-chances. I thought that Matty Waters had a good game today and hit the bar soon after. It’s too late to even think that we will stay up now, but if we had discovered this starting line-up a few months ago then we may be in mid-table right now. In our 3 games this week, this team has looked really encouraging and shown good signs.
Jordan Archer’s finish was superb. From looking back on it, it was a difficult goal to score but he found the net well. Jordan needed that goal today in my opinion. He works his socks off every week, but I think that he needed a goal to give him a little bit of a boost. In the second half, we were brilliant again. Our players showed a lot of passion and desire. Even when we were 2-1 up, surprisingly we were still attacking Dagenham and not dropping deep. I was made up for Matty Waters when he scored today. It wouldn’t have been easy for him as he was thrown straight into the starting XI but he played well as he hit the bar and scored too. I was overjoyed when we went 2-1 up as well as our other supporters, but it’s so frustrating to have lost.
We just lost our heads a bit which made Dagenham come at us. The end result was just typical Chester really... can’t hold onto a lead. I have no doubts about effort, but the feelings of utter disappointment and frustration comes to mind after that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Feb 25 2018, 08:17 PM
Post #13

Squad player

Match highlights:
https://youtu.be/pit4qO9nQL8

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 26 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #14

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

I remember a Paul Cox Barrow team coming to Chester a couple of seasons ago, scoring early and then spending the rest of the game wasting time throwing themselves to the ground and generally breaking the play up whenever they could, it was probably the worst game I have ever seen, however, when we (Chester) are winning a game with minutes to go we need to take on board some of these tactics, break up play, kill the game etc

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Feb 26 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #15

Youth team

Member No.: 11862

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Feb 26 2018, 11:18 AM) *
I remember a Paul Cox Barrow team coming to Chester a couple of seasons ago, scoring early and then spending the rest of the game wasting time throwing themselves to the ground and generally breaking the play up whenever they could, it was probably the worst game I have ever seen, however, when we (Chester) are winning a game with minutes to go we need to take on board some of these tactics, break up play, kill the game etc

I and my dad had the same conversation yesterday - remember the Barrow game well

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 11:40 PM