Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Feb 16 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Apologies that I didn’t create the thread a bit earlier, but I’ve been very busy all day. In terms of the match itself, it is a massive game like any other. Given the amount of money that Stuart Donald keeps on pumping into the club, Eastleigh started off poorly this season, but since the appointment of Andy Hessenthaler they have moved into a solid mid table spot. I do think it will be a tough game though but at least 4 points out of tomorrow and Leyton Orient is a necessity. The crowd at the fundraising match last night was amazing although I would like to see more numbers at tomorrow’s game. It is actually our first home game since the terrible news and it would be good if the players got a lift off the fans. It’s not going to be an easy game but hopefully the signing of Dom Vose will be an improvement. Up The Seals!
Score: Chester FC (Archer) 1-2 Eastleigh
Attendance: 1,743 (39 Eastleigh)
COYB!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 17 2018, 07:19 AM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

got a funny feeling we may win this one

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 17 2018, 10:25 AM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

don't forget to > Predict-a-score!

+Quote Post
BlueArmy1972
post Feb 17 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #4

Debut

Member No.: 12858

Totally deserved win everyone was a credit today but please more of the same on Tuesday

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Feb 17 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Deserved the win today. Looked a better balanced side for home games, with two wingers. Midfield was key, as always, and they did really well. Thought Eastleigh were limited and thuggish - I guess that's what you get when overpaying for past it League 2 players.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Feb 17 2018, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Rio Doherty

Member No.: 12774

Wow... I am absolutely made up with this result today. What a performance it was too! It was a complete contrast to what I have witnessed over the past couple of weeks, but my credit goes to everyone who all put in 100% effort. We looked loads more solid and our overall shape was a massive improvement. Also our attacking play at the other end was very promising, and we could have scored 5 or 6. Dominic Vose was one of the standouts for me.
We were saying yesterday that this was a great signing and he certainly didn’t disappoint. He looked good going forward and kept the ball really well. Hopefully we can expect more of the same from him. Also Gary Roberts impressed me. He fought for the cause throughout and his reaction after the whistle went shown that. I loved the songs our supporters were singing about him too which probably spurred him on. It’s clear that he cares a lot about our club and has the quality. That ref was useless and their number 6 was a complete idiot but who cares, he got what he deserved in the end lol. Ross Hannah was a threat up front too but overall, the whole TEAM worked for this result and deserve this today. Still, we are 5 points adrift but if we play up to that standard in every remaining game, then we may have a good chance. I honestly think that we will beat Orient on Tuesday which will put us in a really good position. It will be a tough ask at Dagenham, but who knows. I can’t wait for that game too now and am looking forward to the long trip. If we go down, I would at least like us to go down with a fight. Today’s signs were very promising. Let’s not get too over the top, but the great escape could may well be on. COME ON CITY!!!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Feb 17 2018, 06:42 PM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
Harry Blaen
post Feb 17 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #7

born 2B blue

Member No.: 5237

My first game since the derby as I have been working weekends. One lapse in concentration cost us their goal but had the ball that beat their keeper and hit the bar gone in it might have been too much too soom. This team improved with every minute after the soft equalizer and that is all anyone can ever ask, gradual improvement. COYB

Well done Marcus and the players, the future is a little brighter.

--------------------
DEVA VICTRIX
XX

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 18 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #8

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Feb 17 2018, 07:19 AM) *
got a funny feeling we may win this one

felt it in my bones, great result, great team effort, got a funny feeling we may just survive

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 11:37 PM