Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yet another debacle today. Bignot out now.
EltonblueS
post Feb 16 2018, 10:55 AM
Post #51

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (Big Si @ Feb 16 2018, 10:17 AM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Feb 16 2018, 09:46 AM) *
QUOTE (Lobster @ Feb 16 2018, 07:56 AM) *
It's sad really. This forum doesn't get much use anymore, and if someone went onto it to see the sort of things we discuss, all they would see is this lad talking constant crap. Poor advert for the club.

not sure anything said on a forum reflects the club whatsoever , unless its said by someone important, this guy was on dc2 for months before he got banned with 5 times the posts he has put on here so I don't rely see your point Lobster

Personally I would like to see one forum again, if that's going to happen is another story, cant really give up this forum we own it, bought and paid for by us.

I was probably naive in letting him carry on as long as he did. I just didn't want to go down the route of banning fans unless I really had to, but in hindsight it was obvious he was trolling and he got away with doing it for too long.

thoughts BS ??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Feb 16 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #52

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 30

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Feb 16 2018, 10:55 AM) *
It's sad really. This forum doesn't get much use anymore, and if someone went onto it to see the sort of things we discuss, all they would see is this lad talking constant crap. Poor advert for the club.

not sure anything said on a forum reflects the club whatsoever , unless its said by someone important, this guy was on dc2 for months before he got banned with 5 times the posts he has put on here so I don't rely see your point Lobster

Personally I would like to see one forum again, if that's going to happen is another story, cant really give up this forum we own it, bought and paid for by us.

I was probably naive in letting him carry on as long as he did. I just didn't want to go down the route of banning fans unless I really had to, but in hindsight it was obvious he was trolling and he got away with doing it for too long.

thoughts BS ??

In an ideal world yes, but no idea how to make it happen! In some ways it's good having 2 message boards as the tone is a bit more relaxed on here whereas all hell can break loose on DC2 after a bad result! But in terms of communication, DC2 has been important in helping to spread the message and discussing the key issues of the last couple of months. Also think both sites has different benefits in terms of functionality......DC2 is much more mobile and tablet friendly but this sites is quicker and looks nicer!

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 16 2018, 11:37 AM
Post #53

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Big Si @ Feb 16 2018, 11:05 AM) *

thoughts BS ??

In an ideal world yes, but no idea how to make it happen! In some ways it's good having 2 message boards as the tone is a bit more relaxed on here whereas all hell can break loose on DC2 after a bad result! But in terms of communication, DC2 has been important in helping to spread the message and discussing the key issues of the last couple of months. Also think both sites has different benefits in terms of functionality......DC2 is much more mobile and tablet friendly but this sites is quicker and looks nicer!

I agree with the mobil friendly bit, DC2 is a much better site on a mobil, but personally much prefer this site when using a desktop, however this site could be upgraded to give the best of both worlds which we have been looking at, but it seems pointless whilst their isn't the traffic. One thing I don't like about DC2 is the adverts, is their any restriction on these, for example when I go on the Chester Chronicle site it can take 5 minutes to get to the article I want to read due to advert downloads, whats to stop dc2 being inundated with adverts in the future ?

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Feb 16 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #54

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Feb 16 2018, 11:37 AM) *
QUOTE (Big Si @ Feb 16 2018, 11:05 AM) *

thoughts BS ??

I agree with the mobil friendly bit, DC2 is a much better site on a mobil, but personally much prefer this site when using a desktop, however this site could be upgraded to give the best of both worlds which we have been looking at, but it seems pointless whilst their isn't the traffic. One thing I don't like about DC2 is the adverts, is their any restriction on these, for example when I go on the Chester Chronicle site it can take 5 minutes to get to the article I want to read due to advert downloads, whats to stop dc2 being inundated with adverts in the future ?

As far as I can see the only advert you get it at the top of the page underneath the main banner, certainly nothing too intrusive. Might depend on browser settings? There are options to remove adverts but that comes at a cost.

--------------------

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 16 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #55

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12909

I could be wrong but aren't forums here for debating the issues ?

Are we only allowed to say things once and not repeat them ?

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 16 2018, 06:45 PM
Post #56

Youth team

Without me here stimulating debate the place would be dead.

Have you seen how many people view the threads I start ?

If you think I am "nasty" or "vile" or "repetitive" for posting my views then simply don't read what I write.

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Feb 16 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #57

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Feb 16 2018, 06:45 PM) *
Without me here stimulating debate the place would be dead.

Have you seen how many people view the threads I start ?

If you think I am "nasty" or "vile" or "repetitive" for posting my views then simply don't read what I write.

Ok I'll bite, just because I'm curious.

Bit in bold, yes, just checked. Why do you think that is?

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 16 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #58

Youth team

Because I am not boring like most. I stimulate decent debate which is what forums are all about.

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Feb 16 2018, 08:17 PM
Post #59

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Feb 16 2018, 08:00 PM) *
Because I am not boring like most. I stimulate decent debate which is what forums are all about.

Post 42 in this thread from yourself is 'stimulating' decent debate?

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Feb 16 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #60

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

Are we that desperate for posters that we have to put up with whopper 3 calling people a ******* ****** and trolling endlessly without a ban ? seriously ?

If that's the case, count me out. Cant be a**e logging in to hear such rubbish.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 17 2018, 06:44 AM
Post #61

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Feb 16 2018, 10:09 PM) *
Are we that desperate for posters that we have to put up with whopper 3 calling people a ******* ****** and trolling endlessly without a ban ? seriously ?

and if he didn't post your comments would be along the lines of " no-one post over here anymore" etc etc.

This site nearly closed down due to over zealous moderating, can you blame us if we have gone the other way ??
when whopper 3 was dominating DC2 did you make the same critique over there ?

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Feb 17 2018, 09:02 AM
Post #62

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Feb 16 2018, 10:09 PM) *

Bye

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 17 2018, 11:25 AM
Post #63

Youth team

Bye

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Feb 17 2018, 11:49 AM
Post #64

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Feb 17 2018, 11:25 AM) *
Bye

are you going today mr whopper ?

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Feb 17 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #65

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Feb 17 2018, 11:49 AM) *
Bye

I really hope this forum does not fade away, I used to enjoy some of the debates on here, but just got tired of the insults and sarcasm I got most of the time I posted.
3mm tries to post political posts, but as you can see nobody responds. I would love to respond to some of his “facts” but I don’t need the aggro. The board is 90% Corbyn Labour anyway, and that 90% are always going to agree with him!
“Big Si” has done an excellent job on DC2 without doubt.
I would like to go on DC2 but I can’t work out the technology, and it keeps refusing me, (perhaps it’s deliberate!) rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 17 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #66

Youth team

Yes I went today. A bit better. However we are still 5 points from safety as we were pre kick off. Bignot out.

+Quote Post
Jay Hawks
post Feb 17 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #67

The Rock Maestro

Member No.: 803

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Feb 17 2018, 05:46 PM) *
Yes I went today. A bit better. However we are still 5 points from safety as we were pre kick off. Bignot out.

Its better than being 8 points behind - CHEER UP MAN

--------------------
It's better to remain silent and seem a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt.

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Feb 17 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #68

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Jay Hawks @ Feb 17 2018, 05:54 PM) *
QUOTE (whopper3 @ Feb 17 2018, 05:46 PM) *

Its better than being 8 points behind - CHEER UP MAN

You won't hear a peep out of that muppet tonight now we've won.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Feb 17 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #69

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6230

Cocktails all round . cityscarf.gif guiness.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Feb 17 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #70

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

Is the great escape on? Dare I say some of these new players we have begged stolen or borrowed are potential National League players next season, with us?

This post has been edited by Fathead The Gladiator: Feb 17 2018, 06:02 PM

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Feb 17 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #71

Youth team

"You won't hear a peep out of that muppet tonight now we've won."

I made a post after today's win. Did you not see it ? I suggest u go to Specsavers.

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Feb 17 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #72

Si Dutton
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Feb 17 2018, 01:09 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Feb 17 2018, 11:49 AM) *
Bye

I really hope this forum does not fade away, I used to enjoy some of the debates on here, but just got tired of the insults and sarcasm I got most of the time I posted.
3mm tries to post political posts, but as you can see nobody responds. I would love to respond to some of his “facts” but I don’t need the aggro. The board is 90% Corbyn Labour anyway, and that 90% are always going to agree with him!
I would like to go on DC2 but I can’t work out the technology, and it keeps refusing me, (perhaps it’s deliberate!) rolleyes.gif

Sorry to hear you have had trouble registering. You are most welcome over on DC2. I hear Lobster has dropped you a pm to try and help with that? It would be a real shame for this board to end, there is a lot of history attached to it and I think it’s a good thing to have another forum with a different tone which might be more to people’s tastes, but a forum is only as good as the people that contribute. Hope things pick up over here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlueArmy1972
post Feb 17 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #73

Debut

Member No.: 12858

In what way is it refusing you Neil ?

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 18 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #74

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Feb 17 2018, 01:09 PM) *

I don't "try to post political posts", I just point out government deficiencies wink.gif Always presumed there's no replies because what the tories are doing is indefensible.

I see you're on the new devachat too, finally sussed it out huh? smile.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Feb 19 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #75

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Feb 17 2018, 06:31 PM) *
"You won't hear a peep out of that muppet tonight now we've won."

I made a post after today's win. Did you not see it ? I suggest u go to Specsavers.

Yeah, I saw you had a go at the people of Chester, as you couldn't vent your bile at Bignot today.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 05:34 AM