Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Rio Doherty
post Feb 9 2018, 06:30 AM
Post #1

Rio Doherty

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

We are back in action tomorrow with a long trip to Surrey forthcoming against Woking. Things have really got going off the pitch over the last two weeks, but on it we are still really struggling. Woking have had an up and down season so far. They started off really well but have now dropped to 15th place, although they beat AFC Fylde last week. It would be great if we can take a good following down tomorrow, like we did at Maidenhead. I’m sure a fair few exiles will be in force as well to give the boys their support. Also I will be there to back the blues and I’m looking forward to a nice trip. Hopefully Gary Roberts will play. Apart from the red card, he played well at East Thurrock and I want to see more of him. I think it is about time that Lucas Dawson has a break as Gary Roberts would be a good replacement. We are still only 4 points off Barrow, so we still have a glimmer of hope. However, our players have to put on a good show tomorrow as I don’t want to see another Maidenhead. Come On City!
Score: Woking 2-1 Chester FC (Archer)
Attendance: 1,738 (229 Chester)
COYB!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Feb 9 2018, 06:32 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Feb 10 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #2

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (archie thomas @ Feb 10 2018, 11:04 AM) *
woking 2 chester fc 0 ward carter

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
3mm
post Feb 10 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #3

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Team: Hornby, Murombedzi, Hobson, Astles, Rowe-Turner, Mahon, Roberts, James, Akintunde, White, Archer.
Subs: Firth, Hannah, Crawford, Dawson, Waters

Woking: Baxter, Young, Staunton, Ralph, Ferdinand, Lathrope, Carter, Cook, Banton, Orlu, Grego-Cox
Subs: Edwards, Saraiva, Isaac, Jones, Mason

Murombedzi is back for us, when did he re-sign? Also, Hobson and Roberts are in smile.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Feb 10 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #4

Youth team

Member No.: 11862

losing 1-0 sad.gif

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Feb 10 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Finished 1-0. Listening to commentary it sounded like two very poor teams ... hoof .. hoof .. foul .. yellow card for ninety mins

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
Rio Doherty
post Feb 10 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #6

Rio Doherty

Member No.: 12774

Well... I am absolutely gutted and frustrated at the same time. We may have lost today but I thought that we played well, especially in the second half. Woking weren’t too good and I thought that we weren’t closing then down enough in the first period. The Woking goal was just down to a lack of communication, we could’ve easily cleared our lines. However we threw everything at them in the second 45. We just lacked composure otherwise we would be heading back up North with at least a point. I must give credit to Shepherd Murombedzi for stepping in today. I don’t think he will get paid like last time but he deserves my respect for helping us out again. Other results didn’t really go our way again today. Torquay are now above us and Barrow’s postponement means that they have another game in hand on us. I’ve just noticed that we have dropped to second from bottom now which is quite sad, although we are still only 4 points away from Barrow. If our players had kept their cool today then we would’ve picked something up but we were so unlucky. That is how life at the bottom is though, I’m afraid, and when we go down we will be looking back at matches like today, Guiseley, Leyton Orient and more where our luck has gone against us.

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Feb 10 2018, 06:00 PM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 02:56 AM