> Guisley vChester, Match thread
EltonblueS
post Jan 1 2018, 12:27 PM
Post #1

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

Can we kick off the New Yeat with a win ??

Don't forget to predict a score http://www.devachat.com/index.php?showtopic=84551
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jasmine
post Jan 1 2018, 12:59 PM
Post #2

1st team regular
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 24

Good Luck to the team today, hope we can start the New Year with a strong performance.

--------------------
Chester FC is for life, not just for Christmas (or when we're winning!)

+Quote Post
Duncan2404
post Jan 1 2018, 01:06 PM
Post #3

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12820

It's got to be win today, no excuses. Guiseley are a team worse than us...and that's pretty bad! Cant think of a better opportunity to start the year with three valuable points! Let's go to work!! cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
SueC
post Jan 1 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 110

YES! Kingsley James puts us ahead. COYB! cityscarf.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 1 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #5

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Guiseley equalise in the 93rd minute, finishes 1-1. Hard luck and all that, but hard luck doth butter no parsnips.

In terms of staying up, this was a must win and we haven’t. In isolation this result won’t take us down, but our home form will.

Anyone get a magic wand for Christmas? unsure.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Jan 1 2018, 05:25 PM
Post #6

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Sadly last minute (literally) goals have been our downfall this season. It kills team confidence.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 1 2018, 05:35 PM
Post #7

Youth team

Member No.: 12909

I hate repeating myself but Bignot will take us down. He is inept. Oh but don't worry the incompetent Maguire still draws his 50K salary for killing our club and the fans don't seem to mind.

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Jan 1 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #8

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Jan 1 2018, 05:25 PM) *
Sadly last minute (literally) goals have been our downfall this season. It kills team confidence.

I make it four games in which a last minute (90+) goal has cost us the win.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 1 2018, 07:34 PM
Post #9

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

20 games to go.

7 wins, 7 draws and 6 defeats would put us on 50 points, which would give us a chance. Until we’re mathematically down you have to cling to that, but we’d have to retain the best of the loan players and add more, on a budget the size of Wrexham’s chance of becoming European Capital of Culture.

--------------------

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jan 1 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

QUOTE (3mm @ Jan 1 2018, 08:34 PM) *
20 games to go.

7 wins, 7 draws and 6 defeats would put us on 50 points, which would give us a chance. Until we’re mathematically down you have to cling to that, but we’d have to retain the best of the loan players and add more, on a budget the size of Wrexham’s chance of becoming European Capital of Culture.

Loanees may return to parent clubs and be replaced by CFC youth team players according to Bignot -
https://audioboom.com/posts/6574563-marcus-...h-guiseley-away

+Quote Post
keyboard ken
post Jan 2 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #11

1st team sub

Member No.: 9435

QUOTE (whopper3 @ Jan 1 2018, 05:35 PM) *
I hate repeating myself but Bignot will take us down. He is inept. Oh but don't worry the incompetent Maguire still draws his 50K salary for killing our club and the fans don't seem to mind.

I think the way things are it would be better to go back to square 1 then we might have a chance of staying up,
it would appear that the club is living beyond it's means and you don't have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to work it out.
You could be right 50K needs looking at, is he bringing in more than it's costing to employ him ? if not he needs to go
a magnifying glass is needed to look at the whole setup, but it needs someone who knows what they are doing to do it.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jan 2 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #12

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (keyboard ken @ Jan 2 2018, 10:14 AM) *

I think the way things are it would be better to go back to square 1 then we might have a chance of staying up,
it would appear that the club is living beyond it's means and you don't have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to work it out.
You could be right 50K needs looking at, is he bringing in more than it's costing to employ him ? if not he needs to go
a magnifying glass is needed to look at the whole setup, but it needs someone who knows what they are doing to do it.

unfortunately with a "part time" current chairman there's no way Maguire could go at the moment unless a replacement was found, but they would need a salary so what's the point in that. Bignot has turned out to be a massive disappointment, especially after bulling himself up in the papers.
One thing against Maguire, he's shut up about our so called fantastic signings in the summer, which on the whole have been massive flops, in fact the players gone out were far better than the players come in, surely Maguire has to shoulder some of the responsibility for this.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jan 2 2018, 04:55 PM
Post #13

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jan 2 2018, 02:30 PM) *
........... One thing against Maguire, he's shut up about our so called fantastic signings in the summer, which on the whole have been massive flops, in fact the players gone out were far better than the players come in, surely Maguire has to shoulder some of the responsibility for this.

Not sure we can blame Maguire for the players we've got.

I see the chairmans / chief executives role as appointing the manager and then raising as much money as possible to give the manager his playing budget. The playing side should all be down to the manager.

If that isn't the case then the manager / coach isn't being allowed to do his job freely / properly, and he should either kick up a fuss or resign wink.gif

In practice, from what I can gather, Maguire has had good relationship's with McCarthy and now Bignot and backs them, where possible, when they try to sign new players. Having said that, any Chester manager has to understand what his budget is, and has to be prepared to work inside it.

It's a bit like Oliver Twist, when there isn't any more, there isn't any more, and we have to depend on loan signings who cost nowt / next-to-nothing thanks to the generosity of their parent clubs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
whopper3
post Jan 2 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #14

Youth team

Member No.: 12909

Maguire is complicit in the current shambles. He had the final say on Bignots recruitment. Bignot should never have got the job and I said so many times on the other fascist forum.

FFS Maguire has form for killing clubs. eg Stockport

Maguire and Bignot need to be sent packing ASAP if we are to have any chance of staying up.

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Jan 3 2018, 12:19 PM
Post #15

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

Obviously not..

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 06:11 PM