Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
RioTheBallBoy
post Dec 31 2017, 07:06 AM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

So we play Guiseley yet again tomorrow, but this time it is away. Guiseley got thrashed 4-0 by Tranmere yesterday on the back of a 2-0 win against us . With us having a free weekend, we should feel more fresher than our hosts. However, because we are Chester after all, I won’t hold my breath and say that we will capitalise on this advantage. The players are training today because of the postponement, but they seriously need to show some fight and desire tomorrow. This will be my third visit to Nethermoor Park, with the previous 2 ending draws. Hopefully it will be ‘3rd time lucky’ and we can gain some sort of ‘revenge’ from last week’s defeat. Oh, and I wish everyone on DC as well as our marvellous supporters a Happy New Year. Let’s hope that 2018 will be the complete opposite to 2017. After all, we have seen loads of dross served up throughout this year. It can’t get any worse, can it? Come On City!
Score: Guiseley 1-1 Chester FC (Hannah)
Attendance: 1,040 (404 Chester)
COYB!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Dec 31 2017, 07:08 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jan 1 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #2

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Goodness me, that was 100% typical Chester. We played and battled well in the second half to shut Guiseley out but it just took a goalmouth scramble in the last minute to break hearts. I was actually surprised with how well McCombe played. He dealt well with the Guiseley attacks, headed a lot of balls away and looked pretty solid. In fact, all of the back 4 played well today. In the first half we looked quiet sloppy, which wasn’t helped by a very poor pitch as the ball hardly bounced on the surface. In the second half we upped our game a bit more. Overall, the performance was much improved compared to previous games. It was quite hard to see from where I was standing, but I don’t understand how the goal managed to get disallowed. I had a small sense that luck was going to go against us, until Kingsley James lashed home to put us ahead. After that, we dealt with the Guiseley pressure coming at us really well and showed some more desire at the very least. Our defence especially put in some good tackles and cleared away the danger when needed. However, it was gutting to see Guiseley score with the last kick. We put in a decent shift and didn’t deserve to concede. It’s just come to the point now that it is too late. We may as well focus on the FA Trophy as I can’t see us pulling of a ‘great escape’. I have heard, though, that Marcus Bignot is about to begin a major clear out at the club. It will be very interested to see who comes and who departs.

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Jan 1 2018, 05:57 PM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 10:52 PM