Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FC Halifax Town V Chester FC MATCH THREAD
RioTheBallBoy
post Dec 22 2017, 06:55 AM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Tomorrow we return to league action, on the back of 2 consecutive wins, away to FC Halifax. Halifax aren’t doing too well this season, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up falling down into the mix. These 2 recent victories can hopefully build up the players’ momentum and spark them to get even more positive results, especially in this crucial period. I’m really looking forward to travelling over the Pennines tomorrow. In February last year I was on the coach for the FA Trophy tie away, but I was only 2 miles away from The Shay only to find out that it got called off. Hopefully the weather won’t get the better of us tomorrow, with a decent following travelling up. Come On You Blues!
Score: FC Halifax Town 1-0 Chester FC
Attendance: 1,832 (311 Chester)
COYB!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Dec 22 2017, 06:57 AM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Dec 22 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #2

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

2-0 blues . but Christmas past we haven't done well over the festive period . time to change that .COYB cityscarf.gif guiness.gif

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Dec 22 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #3

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

First of a critical four matches over the festive period. Results will probably define our relegation chances, even at this early stage.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 22 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Would 8 points be good enough if we won our home games and drew away?

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 23 2017, 10:36 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

agrre we need points over the festive period failure will almost certainly point towards relegation

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 23 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #6

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Halifax
1 Johnson, 2 Moyo, 3 Wilde, 5 Brown, 11 McManus, 6 Garner, 18 Clarke, 20 Hibbs, 9 Denton, 15 MacDonald, 22 Collins.

Substitutes: 10 Oliver, 13 Nicholson, 14 Tomlinson, 38 Waring, 39 Duckworth.

Chester
28 Hornby, 31 Gough, 5 McCombe, 17 Dawson, 18 Jones, 6 Astles, 4 James, 36 Udoh, 29 Hall-Johnson, 21 Shaw, 20 Akintunde.

Substitutes: 2 Halls, 3 Rowe-Turner, 7 Mahon, 9 White, 10 Hannah.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 23 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

2-0 halifax

+Quote Post
Duncan2404
post Dec 23 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #8

Debut

Member No.: 12820

It's the most wonderful time of the year....... crying.gif

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Dec 23 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #9

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (Duncan2404 @ Dec 23 2017, 04:03 PM) *

Certainly a time for giving crying.gif

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Dec 23 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #10

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Dec 23 2017, 04:05 PM) *

Humbug !!

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 23 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #11

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Dec 23 2017, 04:05 PM) *

Weve spent most of the last 12 months handing out presents .

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Dec 23 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

Member No.: 12774

We are down. I was quite positive about us having a fighting chance, until now. Words cannot describe how appalling and disgraceful that display was today. It was utter spineless!! No-one fought for the ball, nobody put a tackle in, and nobody showed any passion or desire. We just gifted Halifax, who are nothing special (and who are near us in the table) an easy 4-0 win. Us fans who travel up and down the country every other week do not deserve to watch ongoing shambolic performances. Not one of them came over and apologised to us at the end. Marcus Bignot didn’t even bother looking at us. It’s as if he doesn’t even care. Poor old James Jones was the only player who looked decent, again! I really feel for him having to come into such a poor squad. However, credit to him for at least playing for the shirt. I have very little hope now, especially with us 6 points adrift. Changes need to be made!!
WE HAVE TO BEAT GUISELEY ON TUESDAY OR ELSE!!! What an utterly shambolic performance that was. Come On You Blues!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Dec 23 2017, 06:04 PM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 23 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #13

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Dec 23 2017, 06:02 PM) *
We are down. I was quite positive about us having a fighting chance, until now. Words cannot describe how appalling and disgraceful that display was today. It was utter spineless!! No-one fought for the ball, nobody put a tackle in, and nobody showed any passion or desire. We just gifted Halifax, who are nothing special (and who are near us in the table) an easy 4-0 win. Us fans who travel up and down the country every other week do not deserve to watch ongoing shambolic performances. Not one of them came over and apologised to us at the end. Marcus Bignot didn’t even bother looking at us. It’s as if he doesn’t even care. Poor old James Jones was the only player who looked decent, again! I really feel for him having to come into such a poor squad. However, credit to him for at least playing for the shirt. I have very little hope now, especially with us 6 points adrift. Changes need to be made!!
WE HAVE TO BEAT GUISELEY ON TUESDAY OR ELSE!!! What an utterly shambolic performance that was. Come On You Blues!

The writing was on the wall 12 months ago but those people swanning around in suits either couldnt see it or didnt want to . This situation has been gradually developing over the last 3 seasons but because of what appears to be a closed shop situation (current and previous directors publicly slating certain applicants )the malaise has been allowed to continue to the point where the club is now very close to financial trouble ,a few months away at the most . The fans have offered to help on numerous occasions over the last 3 years but ,if your face doesnt fit they dont want to know .

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Dec 23 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #14

1st team sub

Member No.: 2072

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Dec 23 2017, 07:40 PM) *
QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Dec 23 2017, 06:02 PM) *

The writing was on the wall 12 months ago but those people swanning around in suits either couldnt see it or didnt want to . This situation has been gradually developing over the last 3 seasons but because of what appears to be a closed shop situation (current and previous directors publicly slating certain applicants )the malaise has been allowed to continue to the point where the club is now very close to financial trouble ,a few months away at the most . The fans have offered to help on numerous occasions over the last 3 years but ,if your face doesnt fit they dont want to know .

You have been warning us eh Barney

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Dec 24 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #15

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

Very disappointing again yesterday, Bignot seems to be getting away with these poor performances , with fans blaming the previous regime, sooner or later that will run out

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Dec 24 2017, 11:43 AM
Post #16

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Bignot certainly is not turning out to be the saviour we all wanted him to be

+Quote Post
3mm
post Dec 24 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #17

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

21 points from 24 games is simply not good enough, and if that ratio continues we will be relegated, no question about it.

We've got 22 games to get around 30 points to give us a chance of staying up, starting with Guiseley at home on Boxing Day.

Can we do it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 24 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 24 2017, 02:12 PM) *
21 points from 24 games is simply not good enough, and if that ratio continues we will be relegated, no question about it.

We've got 22 games to get around 30 points to give us a chance of staying up, starting with Guiseley at home on Boxing Day.

Can we do it?

Not with the current players .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 11:32 PM