> Macclesfield
3mm
post Dec 9 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Macc only named 4 substitutes in their home game v Wrexham today. Amazing that they're top if their squad is that small!

BBC Football

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 9 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 9 2017, 07:24 PM) *
Macc only named 4 substitutes in their home game v Wrexham today. Amazing that they're top if their squad is that small!

BBC Football

Not the featured game again 3mm? The even got a bloody mention on the BBC weather yesterday, of all the towns in Wales why mention them! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Dec 13 2017, 01:51 AM
Post #3

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (3mm @ Dec 10 2017, 05:54 AM) *

BBC Football

Can anyone explain to me how Macclesfield with their location in mid-Cheshire, their attendances at matches, etc., can be doing so well this season and maybe could win promotion this season. What do they have or are doing so well that brings these good results. Can we learn anything from them? I realize that we are located within the shadow of Liverpool, Everton, Manc Utd and Manc City and that that will affect attendances at games but being located in mid-Cheshire is surely not the best location to have compared to Chester's location and it is surely true that Macclesfield currently have not had the equivalent history that we have had with two useless managers in Burr and McCarthy that have left us with nothing but real problems both financially and team-wise. So what have Macclesfield been doing right to be where they are now at this time?

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Dec 13 2017, 08:40 AM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Dec 13 2017, 01:51 AM) *

BBC Football

Can anyone explain to me how Macclesfield with their location in mid-Cheshire, their attendances at matches, etc., can be doing so well this season and maybe could win promotion this season. What do they have or are doing so well that brings these good results. Can we learn anything from them? I realize that we are located within the shadow of Liverpool, Everton, Manc Utd and Manc City and that that will affect attendances at games but being located in mid-Cheshire is surely not the best location to have compared to Chester's location and it is surely true that Macclesfield currently have not had the equivalent history that we have had with two useless managers in Burr and McCarthy that have left us with nothing but real problems both financially and team-wise. So what have Macclesfield been doing right to be where they are now at this time?

they sign players who have the right attitude ,and quickly get rid of those who havent . (to us ). We sign managers and then leave them to do as they like ,with zero accountability and even less discipline .Its time for our elected representatives to do what they were elected to do .

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 13 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #5

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Dec 13 2017, 08:40 AM) *

BBC Football

they sign players who have the right attitude ,and quickly get rid of those who havent . (to us ). We sign managers and then leave them to do as they like ,with zero accountability and even less discipline .Its time for our elected representatives to do what they were elected to do .

Equally it's time the CFU Membership held those elected members to account for their mistakes/inactivity.

That doesn't include bombarding the board with complaints about the volume of the speakers or the price of coffee in the away end. That is letting those people off the hook.

We need serious searching questions asking of the board such as:

- Our Financial Projections for this season (Are we expected to make a loss/profit - if so how much)

- What is the board doing to minimise any projected loss or turn that projected loss into a profit

- Fundraising, why do we not have a fundraising team? Original group, I believe, was disbanded at the recommendation of our CEO? We urgently need that group back, especially with the lack of action behind some of these initiatives coming out of the club at the moment.

- Bignots Budget Builder. Last meeting one of our CFU Board members mentioned that there would be an exciting initiative to be added "very soon" - didn't go into details about it though. Nearly a month later and we've had nothing. Whats going on with that?

- Marketing and Advertising. Proactive marketing and advertising of games online is non existent. Everything we do is reactive. We should be shouting it from the rooftops that it's £10 entry for adults for Saturday. We've got one tweet from yesterday saying "next up fylde" and no mention anywhere of the reduction in admission. We should be aiming to get as many people in the ground as possible on Saturday with the reduction in admission. As it stands we'll be lucky to get the 1,400 we had in the ground at the weekend. Makes me laugh really that when the club need volunteers to clear the pitch of snow the media team start churning out tweets every 2minutes, then during the week when it needs to continue, they go to back to sleep.

- Volunteers, if we lack personnel in certain areas (Marketing) then advertise for volunteers publically via the club website, social media, and supporters forums. Don't just tell a lad in the bar during a casual chat you want help then do nothing publically to advertise that fact.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 13 2017, 10:44 AM
Post #6

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Dec 13 2017, 09:21 AM) *
QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Dec 13 2017, 08:40 AM) *

BBC Football

Equally it's time the CFU Membership held those elected members to account for their mistakes/inactivity.

That doesn't include bombarding the board with complaints about the volume of the speakers or the price of coffee in the away end. That is letting those people off the hook.

We need serious searching questions asking of the board such as:

- Our Financial Projections for this season (Are we expected to make a loss/profit - if so how much)

- What is the board doing to minimise any projected loss or turn that projected loss into a profit

- Fundraising, why do we not have a fundraising team? Original group, I believe, was disbanded at the recommendation of our CEO? We urgently need that group back, especially with the lack of action behind some of these initiatives coming out of the club at the moment.

- Bignots Budget Builder. Last meeting one of our CFU Board members mentioned that there would be an exciting initiative to be added "very soon" - didn't go into details about it though. Nearly a month later and we've had nothing. Whats going on with that?

- Marketing and Advertising. Proactive marketing and advertising of games online is non existent. Everything we do is reactive. We should be shouting it from the rooftops that it's £10 entry for adults for Saturday. We've got one tweet from yesterday saying "next up fylde" and no mention anywhere of the reduction in admission. We should be aiming to get as many people in the ground as possible on Saturday with the reduction in admission. As it stands we'll be lucky to get the 1,400 we had in the ground at the weekend. Makes me laugh really that when the club need volunteers to clear the pitch of snow the media team start churning out tweets every 2minutes, then during the week when it needs to continue, they go to back to sleep.

- Volunteers, if we lack personnel in certain areas (Marketing) then advertise for volunteers publically via the club website, social media, and supporters forums. Don't just tell a lad in the bar during a casual chat you want help then do nothing publically to advertise that fact.

Low and behold the team have woken up this morning and been using facebook and twitter to advertise the game on Sat. Even mentioning it's reduced admission!

Keep it going now

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2018 - 06:06 PM