Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SENIOR BLUES Members Meeting, Friday, 3rd November., The BLUES BAR from 11 am.
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 28 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

We had intended to have this meeting as our usual “Hot Pot” meeting, but due to finding a different caterer, we have postponed it until our January meeting when our new catering staff will be in place.

Our guests this month include our old friend JEFF BANKS who I’m sure will be reminiscing about his time at the club during the glory years six or so years ago. Another old friend is also visiting us, Legend goalkeeper and former chairman GRENVILLE MILLINGTON, who I know will be very much welcomed by our members.
If CRAIG MAHON is available, he will be joining us to receive his long service award.
Because there is now training on a Friday, we hoping manager MARCUS BIGNOT will be able to join us again.

CHRISTMAS DINNER. For those who are booked for the meal in December, can you please bring you money with you at Fridays meeting. The cost of the meal is £18-60. We are delighted so many of you have booked for this, I think it will be our most attended Christmas meal so far.

The vote will be taken at Fridays meeting on who our members think should be added to the LEGENDS wall. It will be whoever gets the most amount of votes, there will be no short list or suggestions, it will be totally down to our members choice.

Members who havn’t paid their membership fee yet can catch up by paying on Friday.

Coffee, Tea and biscuits are available as usual, Margaret’s cards are always very popular, and she has produced a lovely range for Christmas, and can personalise them for you by request.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Nov 3 2017, 03:03 PM
Post #2

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Oct 28 2017, 03:32 PM) *
We had intended to have this meeting as our usual “Hot Pot” meeting, but due to finding a different caterer, we have postponed it until our January meeting when our new catering staff will be in place.

Our guests this month include our old friend JEFF BANKS who I’m sure will be reminiscing about his time at the club during the glory years six or so years ago. Another old friend is also visiting us, Legend goalkeeper and former chairman GRENVILLE MILLINGTON, who I know will be very much welcomed by our members.
If CRAIG MAHON is available, he will be joining us to receive his long service award.
Because there is now training on a Friday, we hoping manager MARCUS BIGNOT will be able to join us again.

CHRISTMAS DINNER. For those who are booked for the meal in December, can you please bring you money with you at Fridays meeting. The cost of the meal is £18-60. We are delighted so many of you have booked for this, I think it will be our most attended Christmas meal so far.

The vote will be taken at Fridays meeting on who our members think should be added to the LEGENDS wall. It will be whoever gets the most amount of votes, there will be no short list or suggestions, it will be totally down to our members choice.

Members who havn’t paid their membership fee yet can catch up by paying on Friday.

Coffee, Tea and biscuits are available as usual, Margaret’s cards are always very popular, and she has produced a lovely range for Christmas, and can personalise them for you by request.

Yet another big attendance from our members for our meeting this morning.
We had to start the meeting with apologises for Marcus who couldn’t make the meeting due to preparations for the Eastleigh game tomorrow and Craig Mahon,who’s injury is still preventing him from driving.
Firstly we were happy to welcome our old friend JEFF BANKS who is very much involved at the moment in the Big Storage Toys for Christmas campaign.
The Senior Blues gave him an ARGOS voucher to be able to spend at the store to buy new toys for his campaign, plus Committee members Peter Mitchell and Vic Croft both donated toys for Jeff to take back with him.
Jeff fondly recalled his part in the early days of the “new” club, with memories of the opening match against Stafford and reminded us all of the “nail biting” last game at Garforth, and the rumours of a giant score coming from the Skelmersdale, Ossett game where a big score could’ve denied us promotion.
Jeff is very much involved with his job and bringing up a young family these days, but gets involved with the Blues whenever he can, and is still a regular supporter of course.

The votes were cast by members for the next Legend to go on the “Legends wall” and the overall winner was announced as
RAY GILL who was clearly well ahead of the other candidates.

There was no doubt at all the members were delighted to see GRENVILLE back amongst us. He spoke to us about his retirement and the nice time he was having enjoying spending more time with his family and playing golf.
There is no doubt that his heart is still with the club, and still follows events at the Deva Stadium.
He says it ranckles with him when he reads that players “aren’t trying” he doesn’t believe that is ever the case, and sometimes, the team will have an “off day” or pure and simple the opponents were a better team.
He spoke of the difficulty of his time as chairman, finding time for his work with the Probation service, and being able to give his full attention to the Chairmanship.
It was clear his passion for the club and football is still strong, and hopefully we will see him at the Senior Blues again quite soon. He was given rapturous applause by our members when he sat down.

Our next meeting is on December 8th for our December members meeting and Christmas dinner, please note it is the second Friday of December and not the first as is usual.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 3 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #3

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

I voted for Ray Gill, the player with the most appearances for Chester, seemed the obvious choice to add to the legends.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Nov 3 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #4

Castra Devana

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1198

Great to see that Grenville is back as the Deva. Id love to see him back in an ambassadorial role or at least as a fan again, great guy and one of our own.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Nov 4 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Nov 3 2017, 07:31 PM) *
Great to see that Grenville is back as the Deva. Id love to see him back in an ambassadorial role or at least as a fan again, great guy and one of our own.

Totally agree, would love to see him involved with the club again, very passionate, very sincere

+Quote Post
3mm
post Nov 4 2017, 12:58 PM
Post #6

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Ray Gill

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 10:22 PM