Lobster
post Oct 5 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Hi everyone,

I posted this on DC2 after the Eastleigh postponement, so some of you may have already seen it. Eltonblues dropped me a kind message about it and asked if I could share it on here as well, so I've pasted it below:

Last season, the National League wouldn't allow clubs like Darlington and Poole Town to compete in the playoffs to get in this division because they deemed their grounds not up to standards, yet it's not even the end of September yet and we've already had two games postponed because of problems with other clubs' facilities.

What kind of impression does this league want to give of itself? You've got clubs like Forest Green running up £3m losses every season in a ham-fisted (or Quorn-fisted, if you prefer) attempt to get into the League, and now they're finally there they're getting their arses handed to them. You've got clubs like Eastleigh offering the likes of James Constable wages League clubs can't compete with, yet they can't be bothered spending to fix a drainage issue they've known about since at least the summer.

Does the National League want to be the unofficial Football League 3 or the Premier League of non-league? At the moment, it's neither. It's too unprofessional and tinpot to be thought of as anything but non-league, yet there's also a widespread attitude of buying success and winning at any costs that's out of keeping with the grassroots game. It's just an awful limbo between professional and semi-professional football that embraces all the worst aspects of both.

Time for this league to up its game I think. Introduce Financial Fair Play and seriously push for three up, three down from L2. I strongly believe in supporter ownership and what CFC is all about, but this is a miserable league to play in for a club like us.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Oct 5 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

yes a very good post IMO, having travelled all the way to Eastleigh last weekend and the disappointment of our non starter opening fixture, questions have to be asked about our ruling body and punishments ( or lack of them) for these clubs. Football is about supporters, its about time the powers that be started to put us first, at the moment the odd millionaire businessman is way up the pecking order by our ruling authorities, financial fair play is a joke in our league, how can a Village club with the lowest attendances in the league (FGR) have the highest budget, but the FA should take note when League two is full of soulless and fanless teams they may think how did this happen, while all the clubs with proper and historical fanbases , Tranmere, Stockport, Darlington, Wrexham, Hartlepool, Torquay, Chester, Aldershot, Leyton Orient, have to live within there means. and struggle to compete financially with Village team soulless clubs ( No disrespect to the supporters of these clubs intended)

+Quote Post
crystal
post Oct 6 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #3

YTS Trainee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5700

I always wonder, who makes the decisions.fot our league , who makes up the board ? How are they appointed ? Do they get paid ?

--------------------
BETTER TO BE BLUE

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Oct 7 2017, 07:14 AM
Post #4

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/fo...tponed-13728549

It appears that fans who travelled on the coach to Eastleigh are going to get refunded, however if you went by car and did not get a receipt for your fuel, your screwed ( again) got a programme took pictures of the pitch , is that " proof of purchase " ?

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Oct 7 2017, 07:40 AM
Post #5

1st team sub

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12774

Thank goodness for that. The rearranged match clashes with my birthday, however.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 10:44 PM