Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blues v Woking, Match thread
Gizmo's Dad
post Oct 3 2017, 11:04 AM
Post #1

1st team legend

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2738

...hoping for another blues win, if we can continue from we’re we left off against Maidenhead it will give us a chance, 2-1 blues cityscarf.gif

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Oct 3 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #2

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

After Saturday’s debacle at least we are back in action tonight against an unpredictable Woking side. We haven’t had a good record against them recenty so it is a good chance to break it today. Hopefully we can. Come On You Blues!
Score: Chester FC (James, Hannah) 2-1 Woking
Attendance: 1,944 (53 Woking)
COYB!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Oct 3 2017, 02:30 PM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Oct 3 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

don't forget to Predict-a-score!

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Oct 3 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #4

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

we really could do with a win tonight, going for 3-1 win cityscarf.gif COYB

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Oct 3 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #5

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

Come on City

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Oct 3 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #6

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

2-0 blues cityscarf.gif

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 3 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

DC 2 has gone down

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Oct 3 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #8

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

Back to square one after tonight’s poor showing. McCarthy’s prescence still lingered around the ground, but at least Bignot will know what problems to sort out now. We didn’t have a game on Saturday, yet Woking we’re still fitter and played some attractive football. We weren’t sharp at all and just let the opposition play in triangles without putting any interceptions in, whilst conceding 2 poor goals. The only two players who looked decent tonight were Astles and Rowe-Turner. The rest were poor and looked a shadow of the Maidenhead game.
Bignot has a real task on his hands to change things around. I believe he can rather quickly, but we played the exact same as we would under Jon McCarthy tonight.
Let’s hope we can put Tranmere under more pressure on Saturday and upset the odds. A win is needed. Come On You Blues!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
sealandkopite
post Oct 3 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #9

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7864

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 3 2017, 09:31 PM) *
DC 2 has gone down

Not surprised really as the deluded idiots on here will one day realise that the previous manager has signed a bunch of incompetent players and many of them given two year deals just to get them here. If we go down it's his fault and also the boards as they should have sacked him end of last season.
If bignot keeps us up he deserves a medal.

The dressing rooms are nice though.....

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 3 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (sealandkopite @ Oct 3 2017, 11:48 PM) *
DC 2 has gone down

Not surprised really as the deluded idiots on here will one day realise that the previous manager has signed a bunch of incompetent players and many of them given two year deals just to get them here. If we go down it's his fault and also the boards as they should have sacked him end of last season.
If bignot keeps us up he deserves a medal.

The dressing rooms are nice though.....

Absolutely spot on .

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Oct 4 2017, 07:41 AM
Post #11

Come On City!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1243

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 3 2017, 11:52 PM) *
QUOTE (sealandkopite @ Oct 3 2017, 11:48 PM) *
DC 2 has gone down
Not surprised really as the deluded idiots on here will one day realise that the previous manager has signed a bunch of incompetent players and many of them given two year deals just to get them here. If we go down it's his fault and also the boards as they should have sacked him end of last season. If bignot keeps us up he deserves a medal. The dressing rooms are nice though.....
Absolutely spot on .

How would you know - you've never seen most of them play!

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Oct 4 2017, 08:07 AM
Post #12

Come On City!
Group Icon

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Oct 3 2017, 11:42 PM) *
Back to square one after tonight’s poor showing. McCarthy’s prescence still lingered around the ground, but at least Bignot will know what problems to sort out now. We didn’t have a game on Saturday, yet Woking we’re still fitter and played some attractive football. We weren’t sharp at all and just let the opposition play in triangles without putting any interceptions in, whilst conceding 2 poor goals. The only two players who looked decent tonight were Astles and Rowe-Turner. The rest were poor and looked a shadow of the Maidenhead game. Bignot has a real task on his hands to change things around. I believe he can rather quickly, but we played the exact same as we would under Jon McCarthy tonight. Let’s hope we can put Tranmere under more pressure on Saturday and upset the odds. A win is needed. Come On You Blues!

Agree with most of that Rio - The 5th error of the first 10 mins lead to the goal - inevitable that we were going to be punished. Poor headers by Shaw, Halls & someone else I can't quite remember, then lost possession by the otherwise decent LRT and then finally Dawson, which led to the goal. No midfielder tracked the run of the goalscorer Ferdinand, but it was a great finish to be fair.

Like you say, I think Astles and LRT can come away without criticism and I would add McCombe and Aki to that list. All the others really need to have a look at themselves. Was that really Kingsley James in the No. 4 shirt? Pathetic performance! Halls was shocking and no surprise that he gift wrapped Woking the clinching goal. Hannah just never looked in the game despite nearly scoring before H/T. Any player that makes Wade Joyce look decent should be nowhere near the club.....Liam Davies looked beyond bad and for the most part failed to complete the most basic of football skills - controlling the ball and passing to a team mate, let alone tracking players and making a tackle.

Who knows what would have happened if Astles header would have gone in - so unlucky, but once the second went in soon after, the white flag came out IMO and they just went thru the motions. Unacceptable.

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Oct 4 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #13

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

you can only learn from defeat, Woking were the better team and deserved to win, although if that attempt that hit the post 2nd half, goes in, it may have been a different story. There were positives and negatives and sometimes it can be a very fine line between success and defeat , the point is hopefully Bignot has worked out where we need to make changes, he wouldn't have learned anything from his first game.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Oct 4 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #14

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Woking were better than us in the first half, they put a lot of effort in, passed the ball quickly, and also worked very hard when they didn't have the ball, with always 1, sometimes 2 or even 3 men challenging our player on the ball. James follows orders on the RHS and sticks to the touchline, but Mahon was constantly going into the middle which left acres of space on our left, despite Bignot telling him to come wide on more than one occasion. The goal came from their right back being left in acres of space, he had plenty of time to pick out a perfect cross which was duly put away with a good header. Despite their good play, I think it was their only chance, we missed the few we created.

Second half Woking started to run out of steam, not surprising after how hard they'd worked, and they resorted to time wasting and constantly feigning injury to break the game up. We were getting back into it, hitting the post twice. What a pity Astles header hit the inside of the post and rolled across the goal, a fraction closer and it would have been in. Their second goal, against the general run of play, was a howler from Halls, a terrible back pass which gave Lynch no chance. After that they ran the clock down quite effectively.

Well disciplined team Woking, you can see why they're near the top, they have some good players. Think we need a target man in the side, Akintunde and Hannah both found it hard to get on the ball and got little support or service. Harry White is sorely missed.

Have to say Hannah's booking was ridiculous too, barely made contact with their player. If that was the refs benchmark they were lucky to finish with 11 men with some of their 'robust' tackling, including the one that crocked Mahon.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Oct 4 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #15

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (3mm @ Oct 4 2017, 11:35 AM) *
Have to say Hannah's booking was ridiculous too, barely made contact with their player. If that was the refs benchmark they were lucky to finish with 11 men with some of their 'robust' tackling, including the one that crocked Mahon.

Hannah's booking was for kicking the ball away, I believe.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 4 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #16

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Jimianto @ Oct 4 2017, 09:07 AM) *
Back to square one after tonight’s poor showing. McCarthy’s prescence still lingered around the ground, but at least Bignot will know what problems to sort out now. We didn’t have a game on Saturday, yet Woking we’re still fitter and played some attractive football. We weren’t sharp at all and just let the opposition play in triangles without putting any interceptions in, whilst conceding 2 poor goals. The only two players who looked decent tonight were Astles and Rowe-Turner. The rest were poor and looked a shadow of the Maidenhead game. Bignot has a real task on his hands to change things around. I believe he can rather quickly, but we played the exact same as we would under Jon McCarthy tonight. Let’s hope we can put Tranmere under more pressure on Saturday and upset the odds. A win is needed. Come On You Blues!

Agree with most of that Rio - The 5th error of the first 10 mins lead to the goal - inevitable that we were going to be punished. Poor headers by Shaw, Halls & someone else I can't quite remember, then lost possession by the otherwise decent LRT and then finally Dawson, which led to the goal. No midfielder tracked the run of the goalscorer Ferdinand, but it was a great finish to be fair.

Like you say, I think Astles and LRT can come away without criticism and I would add McCombe and Aki to that list. All the others really need to have a look at themselves. Was that really Kingsley James in the No. 4 shirt? Pathetic performance! Halls was shocking and no surprise that he gift wrapped Woking the clinching goal. Hannah just never looked in the game despite nearly scoring before H/T. Any player that makes Wade Joyce look decent should be nowhere near the club.....Liam Davies looked beyond bad and for the most part failed to complete the most basic of football skills - controlling the ball and passing to a team mate, let alone tracking players and making a tackle.

Who knows what would have happened if Astles header would have gone in - so unlucky, but once the second went in soon after, the white flag came out IMO and they just went thru the motions. Unacceptable.

There you go ,an admission that what i said was correct . And you need 90 mins to come to that conclusion . Not so clever as you think you are . Which username will you choose to use next time you pick fault with my posts ? (you have several to choose from )

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Oct 4 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 4 2017, 04:23 PM) *

There you go ,an admission that what i said was correct . And you need 90 mins to come to that conclusion . Not so clever as you think you are . Which username will you choose to use next time you pick fault with my posts ? (you have several to choose from )

The difference is, he went to the game and is putting together a structured post explaining his verdict. You sit in front of your computer and post one or two lines of basically "we're crap and everyone should be sacked" and you do it whether we win, draw or lose. It's relentlessly miserable and unnecessary.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 4 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Lobster @ Oct 4 2017, 05:03 PM) *

The difference is, he went to the game and is putting together a structured post explaining his verdict. You sit in front of your computer and post one or two lines of basically "we're crap and everyone should be sacked" and you do it whether we win, draw or lose. It's relentlessly miserable and unnecessary.

you conveniently forget the post i made when Marcus Bignot won his first game as the new manager . Get your facts right

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 5 2017, 09:01 AM
Post #19

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 4 2017, 10:54 PM) *
QUOTE (Lobster @ Oct 4 2017, 05:03 PM) *

you conveniently forget the post i made when Marcus Bignot won his first game as the new manager . Get your facts right

Where are you this morning Lobster ? I take it you have no answer to the post i made . Or the fact that i predicted a 3-1 home win for tuesdays game .

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Oct 5 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #20

Come On City!
Group Icon

Agree with most of that Rio - The 5th error of the first 10 mins lead to the goal - inevitable that we were going to be punished. Poor headers by Shaw, Halls & someone else I can't quite remember, then lost possession by the otherwise decent LRT and then finally Dawson, which led to the goal. No midfielder tracked the run of the goalscorer Ferdinand, but it was a great finish to be fair. Like you say, I think Astles and LRT can come away without criticism and I would add McCombe and Aki to that list. All the others really need to have a look at themselves. Was that really Kingsley James in the No. 4 shirt? Pathetic performance! Halls was shocking and no surprise that he gift wrapped Woking the clinching goal. Hannah just never looked in the game despite nearly scoring before H/T. Any player that makes Wade Joyce look decent should be nowhere near the club.....Liam Davies looked beyond bad and for the most part failed to complete the most basic of football skills - controlling the ball and passing to a team mate, let alone tracking players and making a tackle. Who knows what would have happened if Astles header would have gone in - so unlucky, but once the second went in soon after, the white flag came out IMO and they just went thru the motions. Unacceptable.

I can assure you I only use 1 user name and that is the one above. I am not on DC2 either. Ever thought that it's not just me that has worked you out as a fake supporter? I may not be clever, or maybe look clever for that matter, but at least I am loyal to my club, have season tickets for me and 2 other family members. When things get shocking and I don't attend matches, like at the end of last season, then at least I know I've already paid my way for the Blues - Unlike you!! You have no real credibility with your comments, as you don't see what goes on over 90 mins, because you don't support the club with either your presence or cash.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 5 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Jimianto @ Oct 5 2017, 02:58 PM) *
Agree with most of that Rio - The 5th error of the first 10 mins lead to the goal - inevitable that we were going to be punished. Poor headers by Shaw, Halls & someone else I can't quite remember, then lost possession by the otherwise decent LRT and then finally Dawson, which led to the goal. No midfielder tracked the run of the goalscorer Ferdinand, but it was a great finish to be fair. Like you say, I think Astles and LRT can come away without criticism and I would add McCombe and Aki to that list. All the others really need to have a look at themselves. Was that really Kingsley James in the No. 4 shirt? Pathetic performance! Halls was shocking and no surprise that he gift wrapped Woking the clinching goal. Hannah just never looked in the game despite nearly scoring before H/T. Any player that makes Wade Joyce look decent should be nowhere near the club.....Liam Davies looked beyond bad and for the most part failed to complete the most basic of football skills - controlling the ball and passing to a team mate, let alone tracking players and making a tackle. Who knows what would have happened if Astles header would have gone in - so unlucky, but once the second went in soon after, the white flag came out IMO and they just went thru the motions. Unacceptable.

I can assure you I only use 1 user name and that is the one above. I am not on DC2 either. Ever thought that it's not just me that has worked you out as a fake supporter? I may not be clever, or maybe look clever for that matter, but at least I am loyal to my club, have season tickets for me and 2 other family members. When things get shocking and I don't attend matches, like at the end of last season, then at least I know I've already paid my way for the Blues - Unlike you!! You have no real credibility with your comments, as you don't see what goes on over 90 mins, because you don't support the club with either your presence or cash.

Lots of holes in that post . Firstly , an ex board member told me you have several aliases ,secondly ,you only paid approx £12 a game to attend wheres i paid £15/ 18 for the privilege . If you werent there (by your own admission ) then you werent vocally supporting the team . So ,to sum up you have no room to talk about supposedly being a better fan than i am . I complain because i want things to improve . You are happy for things to continue as they are ,make you a better fan does it ?

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 6 2017, 07:16 AM
Post #22

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 5 2017, 06:16 PM) *

Lots of holes in that post . Firstly , an ex board member told me you have several aliases ,secondly ,you only paid approx £12 a game to attend wheres i paid £15/ 18 for the privilege . If you werent there (by your own admission ) then you werent vocally supporting the team . So ,to sum up you have no room to talk about supposedly being a better fan than i am . I complain because i want things to improve . You are happy for things to continue as they are ,make you a better fan does it ?

Still no response From Jimianto or lobster .Because they have no argument .

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Oct 6 2017, 07:44 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 6 2017, 08:16 AM) *

Still no response From Jimianto or lobster .Because they have no argument .

God, give it a rest! OK, you MOSTLY moan. Now and again you have your annual grudging piece of praise but even three successive league wins wasn't enough to you up.

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Oct 6 2017, 08:58 AM
Post #24

Come On City!
Group Icon

Must be true then! If they were a member of the board, they would know for sure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 06:22 AM