Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SENIOR BLUES members meeting, Friday October 6th 2017 at 11am., In the Blues Bar.
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 2 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

We have a busy meeting on Friday morning. Guests include MARCUS BIGNOT the Clubs new manager, so I know our members will be looking forward to hearing from him.

I have spoken to CRAIG MAHON personally and he is going to do his best to be in attendance, as the Senior Blues will be presenting him with an trophy for his record club appearances

CHARLIE CROASDALE the popular local journalist will also be speaking to us, I’m sure that he will be very interesting.

At the start of the meeting we shall have the Senior Blues AGM, I shall do my best to get through that as quickly as I can, as I know members will be keen to hear the speakers.

There will also be reports on recent trips and events, including The Race Night, (The last figure for the money raised on the night is in excess of £1,800 towards the Senior Blues YOUTH Foundation) the trip to the Dead Scrolls Exhibition at the Cathedral, the Flu Jab initiative and the trip to Ness Gardens.
Geoff will be updating us on future events and trips.

We are hoping to hand out paper slips to members for their suggestions for the next LEGEND to add the club legend wall.
It will be simply the player who gets the highest number of votes will get the honour.

Tea and Coffee and biscuits will be available as usual.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 6 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Oct 2 2017, 02:21 PM) *
We have a busy meeting on Friday morning. Guests include MARCUS BIGNOT the Clubs new manager, so I know our members will be looking forward to hearing from him.

I have spoken to CRAIG MAHON personally and he is going to do his best to be in attendance, as the Senior Blues will be presenting him with an trophy for his record club appearances

CHARLIE CROASDALE the popular local journalist will also be speaking to us, I’m sure that he will be very interesting.

At the start of the meeting we shall have the Senior Blues AGM, I shall do my best to get through that as quickly as I can, as I know members will be keen to hear the speakers.

There will also be reports on recent trips and events, including The Race Night, (The last figure for the money raised on the night is in excess of £1,800 towards the Senior Blues YOUTH Foundation) the trip to the Dead Scrolls Exhibition at the Cathedral, the Flu Jab initiative and the trip to Ness Gardens.
Geoff will be updating us on future events and trips.

We are hoping to hand out paper slips to members for their suggestions for the next LEGEND to add the club legend wall.
It will be simply the player who gets the highest number of votes will get the honour.

Tea and Coffee and biscuits will be available as usual.

I’m glad to say that the October meeting opened with another full house to hear our speakers this morning.
The meeting opened with the Senior Blues AGM and I was able to say that this last year has, without doubt, been our most successful year so far.
As far as trips and events are concerned they varied from the visit to the new stand at Anfield, a trip on the Llangollen Railway, and visits to Ness Gardens and Chester Cathedral.
Of course the Senior Blues’ Biggest success without doubt, is the setting up of the Senior Blues Youth Foundation. This has been a considerable success and will hopefully continue to be so, over £7,000 has already been raised in about nine months, thanks to the generosity of our members towards helping Calum and hs young players.
Vic Croft gave a brief financial run down on the state of our accounts, and they remain healthy, with the Youth Foundation being the main recipient of our fundraising this year.
We of course have money in our original Senior Blues account, plus a four figure amount in the “Wheelchair Fund” account, which remains “frozen” awaiting developments within the club about which way the Wheelchair supporters can be accommodated comfortably.
Unfortunately, Craig Mahon could not make an appearance due to his injury sustained on Tuesday.

There was no doubt that the main body of our audience this morning had come to hear our new manager MARCUS BIGNOT talk, and he certainly hit the ground running, opening an immediate banter with the members. He is certainly a great character, but with an iron core.
One of his mantras is “Pace,Power and Physicality” and he says he is determined to instill that into his players. He thought the recruitment of the players in the Summer was good, but also wants to get more young players into the First team, mentioning specifically James Jones and Matty Waters.
He was asked a lot of questions from our members, one particularly about “throw ins” saying that the team must get used to keeping the ball at throw ins. He also said he would want the goalkeeper at most times throwing the ball out rather than just lumping it upfield, and playing from the back.
He is a great believer of “playing the ball on the floor” which pleased those listening!
I mentioned to him that over the last two or three seasons that we where conceding too many late goals, because, in my opinion, the team had got into the habit of just clearing the ball up field, and getting it straight back, rather than just keeping possession and playing away out of trouble.
He was asked about the fact the players only trained three days a week, when some teams were training four times a week,he replied in an ideal world that would be better, but at the moment he said he was going to maximise every single minute he had the players.
He mentioned Tuesdays match, and although giving Woking a lot of credit, said that the the game there to be won, with a bit more luck with our chances we could of got something out of the game, but the second goal, due to a player error, which he recognised, put the game out of reach.
I was certainly impressed with him, he is going to be a very determined manager, and I think the players already know that.

The Raffle was next, and I’m delighted to say that we had a rather different prize to add to the usual bottles of spirits, wine and chocolates. LES SMITH, one of our committee members donated one of his home grown Blue and White Fuchias to the prizes, and was won by one of our lady members who was delighted with it.

Our last guest was local journalist CHARLIE CROASDALE. He turned out to be a very interesting speaker, and again got lots of questions from our members. He admitted he was a life long Blackburn Rovers Fan and season ticket holder until he got the job of covering Chester Football Club.
He admitted it was very important to have a close relationship with the Football Club, and especially the manager.
He spoke about how difficult it was in knowing how to deal with the interviews with the last manager, who was under a lot of strain in the last few weeks of his time with the club, as he said Jon McCarthy was a decent man and he had always had a good relationship with him. He admired Jon for sticking to his belief in James Alibi, and was pleased to see that he was rewarded with Alibis goals last season.
He was asked about “player ratings” and admitted it was always difficult to get an interview with a player if he had given them a low rating in the previous match!
Basically though, Charlie made it quite clear that he would always be fair to everyone with his reporting.
The meeting finished at 1pm and members had plenty think and talk about on their way home.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Oct 6 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

Great read that, thank you for such an in depth report, sounds like a really interesting meeting, very positive, Great work as always from the Senior Blues.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 10:08 PM