Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 14 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #27

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Oct 14 2017, 04:59 PM) *
There keeper made zero saves

Same as Tranmeres keeper last week . I can only assume Bignot has upset a few of them since he arrived as there hasnt really been any change in the performance levels since that first win . Time to dip into the rainy day fund ? Not sure i would trust these directors to spend it wisely . Very sad that it has come to this .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Oct 14 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #28

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

Bignot says full time training from Monday wether the players like it or not!!!

This post has been edited by Gizmo's Dad: Oct 14 2017, 04:40 PM

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Oct 14 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #29

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

Words can’t describe what an appalling performance I have just watched. I’ve been following the blues for 7 years now and that is one of the worst I have ever seen. Kidderminster looked like the National League team and we looked evo-stik standard. They were excellent and fully deserved the win. Kiddy played the ball on the floor, passed and moved, ran rings around us and they played like that for almost the whole game. However, we were awful. Hardly anyone played for the shirt, we never did anything with the ball and just let the hosts play. This is arguably our biggest game of the season. Us supporters have been looking forward to this for a long while and don’t deserve to be treated to a performance as bad as that. I’m tired of these press interviews such as ‘we are going to go on a run’, when we haven’t again. None of them looked up for it today. Most of the team were woeful but Halls was even worse. Lacked fitness, didn’t stop a cross at all and whenever he had the ball he just hoofed it up to nobody.
I feel dreadfully sorry for Marcus Bignot, though. He has had to come into all this mess which JM has left and he can’t tealky do anything at the moment. If he had the funds then he could make a lot of changes and get rid of this dross. However, he has a massive task on his hands now. On a positive, at least we will go full time now. Much needed!

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
Notts Blue
post Oct 14 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #30

Exiled in Nottingham
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 664

Personnel on and off the pitch inept & undeserving of the support, I refrained from booing the yellow shirts! Nothing more to add.

--------------------
Venimus ! Vidimus! Vicimus!

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Oct 14 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #31

Come On City!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1243

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 14 2017, 04:41 PM) *
2-0 Wonder what Jimianto or any of his aliases will have to say about this latest debacle .

Ok, I'll bite t*ssp*t. As you obviously weren't there, me and my Aliases were. Well, me and my lad anyway. I really can't think of a poorer, more inexcusable display for years and years.

We were embarrassed by Kiddy. The ironic thing is that Lynch (like their keeper) didn't have a save to make. But that doesn't put the lack of effort, fitness and woeful application into perspective.

I think LRT was our best on the day and would give him 4 out of 10. Maybe Lynch and Chappel would also get that. All the other outfield players get between 1 and 3 - they were dreadful. Halls is terrible & James clearly has given up caring for Chester FC - a bit like you Barney. Astles is badly overweight- needs to sort that out before he chucks his professional career away. We missed 2 free headers 7 yards out - McCombe and White - both should have been scored and they were our only chances.

Bingot has a hell of a job on.

+Quote Post
Churton Blue
post Oct 14 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #32

Squad player

Member No.: 4879

The first half performance was possibly the most shameful and pathetic performance from a Chester side since reforming.

Make no mistake Kidderminster have some very good players but our lack of desire, effort and enthusiasm made them look like Barcelona.

Second half we made the bare minimum effort required but all we could do was nullify them whilst creating very little.

I am afraid that during the summer the manager assembled a squad with the chief purpose of getting the fans back on board that he had alienated last season. Little or no thought appears to have been given as to wether some players were up to the task of what was required of them or if they could be moulded in to an effective team capable of winning matches. It was just one big PR exercise.

We are now lumbered with an unbalanced squad lacking in pace and energy in all departments. Four or five players are either not bothered or their legs have gone and they are now stealing a wage.

JM has left us in such a mess that even if we had appointed Ferguson with Guardiola as his assistant they could not change things without at least four or five loan players.

This post has been edited by Churton Blue: Oct 14 2017, 08:36 PM

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Oct 15 2017, 04:24 AM
Post #33

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (Churton Blue @ Oct 15 2017, 07:04 AM) *
The first half performance was possibly the most shameful and pathetic performance from a Chester side since reforming.

Make no mistake Kidderminster have some very good players but our lack of desire, effort and enthusiasm made them look like Barcelona.

Second half we made the bare minimum effort required but all we could do was nullify them whilst creating very little.

I am afraid that during the summer the manager assembled a squad with the chief purpose of getting the fans back on board that he had alienated last season. Little or no thought appears to have been given as to wether some players were up to the task of what was required of them or if they could be moulded in to an effective team capable of winning matches. It was just one big PR exercise.

We are now lumbered with an unbalanced squad lacking in pace and energy in all departments. Four or five players are either not bothered or their legs have gone and they are now stealing a wage.

JM has left us in such a mess that even if we had appointed Ferguson with Guardiola as his assistant they could not change things without at least four or five loan players.

I do realize that it is not so very clever to make observations in hindsight after the facts are known but McCarthy should have been sacked at the end of last season for his last season's effort and someone else should have been using this year's player budget to bring in new faces and not McCarthy . A serious Board Director's error! But that is now water under the bridge and Bignot has accepted the situation we now have. But I now wonder what kind of an environment will now be found in the changing rooms with poorly performing players and an unhappy and very angry boos managing the show? Hardly conducive to a very happy environment that produces a winning team I would have to say! But is there any alternative available? I would guess not! So maybe they will find it so unhappy they will want to leave and if they do then new players could be brought in. But this change could take time for this to happen because the FA cup run we all wanted has this year not produced a much needed funding increase. The players brought in by McCarthy have just created this situation for themselves by their performance. It is not Bignot's fault this has happened. He has a very tough row to hoe.

+Quote Post
old boneze
post Oct 15 2017, 08:20 AM
Post #34

Predict-a-score champion 2010-11. 2011-12. 2013-14
Group Icon

Member No.: 1883

This was a rerun of the Woking game. The problem in one word - pace. We have no pace in the side and don't appear to know how to handle a team that plays pass and run football at high speed.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 15 2017, 09:03 AM
Post #35

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Jimianto @ Oct 14 2017, 08:58 PM) *
2-0 Wonder what Jimianto or any of his aliases will have to say about this latest debacle .

Ok, I'll bite t*ssp*t. As you obviously weren't there, me and my Aliases were. Well, me and my lad anyway. I really can't think of a poorer, more inexcusable display for years and years.

We were embarrassed by Kiddy. The ironic thing is that Lynch (like their keeper) didn't have a save to make. But that doesn't put the lack of effort, fitness and woeful application into perspective.

I think LRT was our best on the day and would give him 4 out of 10. Maybe Lynch and Chappel would also get that. All the other outfield players get between 1 and 3 - they were dreadful. Halls is terrible & James clearly has given up caring for Chester FC - a bit like you Barney. Astles is badly overweight- needs to sort that out before he chucks his professional career away. We missed 2 free headers 7 yards out - McCombe and White - both should have been scored and they were our only chances.

There you go . That wasnt difficult was it . We actually agree that the team arent worth watching (especially at £15-£18 a go ) . But you prefer to pretend everything in the garden is rosy when it clearly isnt and insult someone who has the balls to tell it how it is (and has been for 3 years now )Lets just say i am not as gullible as you . The next home attendance will show that we are 1000 down on what we need as a break even figure . Those people who arent attending are not stupid or fake as you claim ,but decided some time ago that enough was enough .

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Oct 15 2017, 10:42 AM
Post #36

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 15 2017, 10:03 AM) *

There you go . That wasnt difficult was it . We actually agree that the team arent worth watching (especially at £15-£18 a go ) . But you prefer to pretend everything in the garden is rosy when it clearly isnt and insult someone who has the balls to tell it how it is (and has been for 3 years now )Lets just say i am not as gullible as you . The next home attendance will show that we are 1000 down on what we need as a break even figure . Those people who arent attending are not stupid or fake as you claim ,but decided some time ago that enough was enough .

Well said, people are staying away because they expect there team will get beat, Something has to change quickly as we are going to see more horror shows, some of the players we have signed are a joke!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
voice of reason
post Oct 15 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #37

Squad player

Member No.: 9846

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Oct 15 2017, 09:03 AM) *

So lets all stay away and let the club die should we!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Oct 15 2017, 11:51 AM
Post #38

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (voice of reason @ Oct 15 2017, 11:48 AM) *

It’s difficult, all I know is that you watch and support your club through thick and thin, which I know is easy to say because I know watching football today is quite expensive.
One of the reasons I get a season ticket is so that I don’t have to think about £17 every time a match comes up.
I also think that going to the match is more than just watching the football. I always look forward to seeing friends and fans that I wouldn’t normally see otherwise, win or lose there is always something to talk about in the Blues ?Bar after the game that’s for sure! cityscarf.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
3mm
post Oct 15 2017, 03:06 PM
Post #39

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Oct 15 2017, 12:51 PM) *

It’s difficult, all I know is that you watch and support your club through thick and thin, which I know is easy to say because I know watching football today is quite expensive.
One of the reasons I get a season ticket is so that I don’t have to think about £17 every time a match comes up.
I also think that going to the match is more than just watching the football. I always look forward to seeing friends and fans that I wouldn’t normally see otherwise, win or lose there is always something to talk about in the Blues ?Bar after the game that’s for sure! cityscarf.gif

I'm with the voice of reason and NFBF 100%.

I don't go to watch Chester expecting us to win every game, I go because I support them. End of.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Churton Blue
post Oct 16 2017, 08:32 AM
Post #40

Squad player

Member No.: 4879

QUOTE (3mm @ Oct 15 2017, 04:06 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Oct 15 2017, 12:51 PM) *

I'm with the voice of reason and NFBF 100%.

I don't go to watch Chester expecting us to win every game, I go because I support them. End of.

I broadly agree.

However I do expect every player to give 100% in effort, commitment and concentration and to be 100% physically fit to play football.

In my opinion we did not get that from a number of players on Saturday. They should be ashamed of themselves to pick up their wages this week as they are basically cheating the supporters who contribute a fair chunk to those wages.

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Oct 16 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #41

Come On City!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1243

Ok, I'll bite t*ssp*t. As you obviously weren't there, me and my Aliases were. Well, me and my lad anyway. I really can't think of a poorer, more inexcusable display for years and years. We were embarrassed by Kiddy. The ironic thing is that Lynch (like their keeper) didn't have a save to make. But that doesn't put the lack of effort, fitness and woeful application into perspective. I think LRT was our best on the day and would give him 4 out of 10. Maybe Lynch and Chappel would also get that. All the other outfield players get between 1 and 3 - they were dreadful. Halls is terrible & James clearly has given up caring for Chester FC - a bit like you Barney. Astles is badly overweight- needs to sort that out before he chucks his professional career away. We missed 2 free headers 7 yards out - McCombe and White - both should have been scored and they were our only chances. Bingot has a hell of a job on.

Don't think for a minute that we're on the same page, Barney. I am a football fan who goes to watch their team, cheers them on and call them out when it's justified. You are a fake fan, who contributes no finances to the club and criticises win, draw or lose. It's not about gullibility, it's about loyalty and being a good fan - 2 things you really struggle to grasp. You really don't see the irony in your comment about attendances do you?

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Oct 16 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #42

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Jimianto @ Oct 16 2017, 09:49 AM) *
Ok, I'll bite t*ssp*t. As you obviously weren't there, me and my Aliases were. Well, me and my lad anyway. I really can't think of a poorer, more inexcusable display for years and years. We were embarrassed by Kiddy. The ironic thing is that Lynch (like their keeper) didn't have a save to make. But that doesn't put the lack of effort, fitness and woeful application into perspective. I think LRT was our best on the day and would give him 4 out of 10. Maybe Lynch and Chappel would also get that. All the other outfield players get between 1 and 3 - they were dreadful. Halls is terrible & James clearly has given up caring for Chester FC - a bit like you Barney. Astles is badly overweight- needs to sort that out before he chucks his professional career away. We missed 2 free headers 7 yards out - McCombe and White - both should have been scored and they were our only chances. Bingot has a hell of a job on.

Don't think for a minute that we're on the same page, Barney. I am a football fan who goes to watch their team, cheers them on and call them out when it's justified. You are a fake fan, who contributes no finances to the club and criticises win, draw or lose. It's not about gullibility, it's about loyalty and being a good fan - 2 things you really struggle to grasp. You really don't see the irony in your comment about attendances do you?

I wouldnt wish to be on the same page as you ,dont flatter yourself . In all honesty ,the last 3 seasons have been garbage and i witnessed most of those home games and a few away . I am currently unable to get to home games but even if i was i would think twice about subsidising the wages of this current bunch of losers who cant even be bothered to get fit .

+Quote Post
3mm
post Oct 16 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #43

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Would have been AFC Fylde away in the FA Cup........ not the best of draws for Kidderminster after beating us sad.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Bjorn a Blue
post Oct 16 2017, 07:16 PM
Post #44

1st team sub

Member No.: 11853

Lets hope Kiddy beat them so that Fylde away goes ahead on 2nd December.

--------------------
Goatbusters

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Oct 16 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #45

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (3mm @ Oct 16 2017, 08:01 PM) *
Would have been AFC Fylde away in the FA Cup........ not the best of draws for Kidderminster after beating us sad.gif

Could have ended up as a local derby, if we'd both won away. smile.gif

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
SueC
post Oct 17 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #46

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Member No.: 110

I've never looked on it like that, as we'd have had a different ball number, I think. (Aren't they alphabetical?).

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Oct 17 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #47

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Oct 14 2017, 06:07 PM) *
Words can’t describe what an appalling performance I have just watched. I’ve been following the blues for 7 years now and that is one of the worst I have ever seen. Kidderminster looked like the National League team and we looked evo-stik standard. They were excellent and fully deserved the win. Kiddy played the ball on the floor, passed and moved, ran rings around us and they played like that for almost the whole game. However, we were awful. Hardly anyone played for the shirt, we never did anything with the ball and just let the hosts play. This is arguably our biggest game of the season. Us supporters have been looking forward to this for a long while and don’t deserve to be treated to a performance as bad as that. I’m tired of these press interviews such as ‘we are going to go on a run’, when we haven’t again. None of them looked up for it today. Most of the team were woeful but Halls was even worse. Lacked fitness, didn’t stop a cross at all and whenever he had the ball he just hoofed it up to nobody.
I feel dreadfully sorry for Marcus Bignot, though. He has had to come into all this mess which JM has left and he can’t tealky do anything at the moment. If he had the funds then he could make a lot of changes and get rid of this dross. However, he has a massive task on his hands now. On a positive, at least we will go full time now. Much needed!

reading yours and other views about the game, also read Dave Powells views in the Chron, I know we played Bad but I have to say you've all got very short memories, how about Bottom of the league Southport away last year ? Alty away ? Halifax away (a couple of times) ,Worksop away (horrible fans) Barrow at home, FGR at home I could go on and on,
we are always sh-- in the cup, so perhaps the question we should be asking is Why are we so crap in the cup ? Anything to do with win bonuses ?

+Quote Post
Bright Blue
post Oct 17 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #48

Squad player

Member No.: 1470

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Oct 17 2017, 04:14 PM) *

reading yours and other views about the game, also read Dave Powells views in the Chron, I know we played Bad but I have to say you've all got very short memories, how about Bottom of the league Southport away last year ? Alty away ? Halifax away (a couple of times) ,Worksop away (horrible fans) Barrow at home, FGR at home I could go on and on,
we are always sh-- in the cup, so perhaps the question we should be asking is Why are we so crap in the cup ? Anything to do with win bonuses ?

The general view seemed to be that a cup run was important so the funds generated could to be used so that the new manager could bring in new players. Not much of an incentive for the current players to win. A bit like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

+Quote Post
MOC
post Oct 17 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #49

Deva Chat Predict-a-Score champion 2015-16

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (SueC @ Oct 17 2017, 03:28 PM) *

I've never looked on it like that, as we'd have had a different ball number, I think. (Aren't they alphabetical?).

It's alphabetical for the 48 Football League teams entering in the first round, then the numbers of the 32 non-league clubs are in order of ties played in the previous round. So we would have had the same ball number as Kiddy.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Oct 19 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #50

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (Bright Blue @ Oct 17 2017, 05:38 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Oct 17 2017, 04:14 PM) *

The general view seemed to be that a cup run was important so the funds generated could to be used so that the new manager could bring in new players. Not much of an incentive for the current players to win. A bit like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

That is an excellent point, "play well lads and we will bring in some better players" !

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:49 PM