Post #26

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (SueC @ Oct 1 2017, 04:19 PM) *
QUOTE (captain duff @ Oct 1 2017, 08:51 AM) *
QUOTE (old boneze @ Oct 1 2017, 06:54 AM) *
I spoke to their groundsman just after the game was called off.
There was no rain on Friday night but when they removed the covers from the area concerned, there were pools of water on the surface.
The work in the week was intended to solve the problem. Clearly, what they did was ineffective.
They are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on new facilities (parts of the place are a building site) yet can't be bothered to sort a long standing pitch problem.
A weird choice of priorities.

And did this expert groundsman explain why it wasn't possible to get the big brooms out to brush off the surface water on that small area and then if still necessary throw some builders sand on the top to level it and make it playable, around half an hour to sort I would have thought?

I was one of those people who only found out it was off when I was 2 miles away (a 150-mile or so round trip for me). So you can imagine how annoyed I was.

But I was assured they'd done the above and it was more serious than that and possibly related to the building of a new stand right by the area involved. I don't think it was anything to do with the rain a day or so beforehand.

I don't know who was responsible for the ref not turning up at 7am, as I heard different reports about that. But that was the worst part about the whole episode, as that could have saved us all time and money. On the plus side, I did get to meet Marcus. A few of us stayed for a chat in Eastleigh's snazzy new clubhouse. We got a free programme and complimentary sausage rolls (not for veggie me), but no apology - the club staff we spoke to seemed almost as bemused as we were. But you can see where they've spent the money on - those smart new facilities (the poshest I've ever seen in the Conference), and not fixing their pitch drainage problems!

Personally I found the Eastleigh ground very underwhelming, not a ground that gives an appearance of any further ambition, I suppose the 500 mile round trip from Chester did not aid my enthusiasm. I too was given a free programme, its a bit hard to use as toilet paper but I'm sure I will find a use for it. Anyone interested in buying it ? lets see £ 75.00 in fuel plus a morning off work ( £ 125.00 ) call it £ 200.-00. Unused and unplayed Eastleigh programme for sale bargain at £ 200.00
Not sure what has really gone on here, but something is not right, the whole affair once again stinks and I guarantee the league will let us down badly as they already have regarding the Solihull shambles. Do the people who run our league have any accountability ? If so to whom , cos it ain't the supporters !
There's a lack of professionalism in our Division and I'm afraid it comes from the very top .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SueC
post Oct 2 2017, 08:41 AM
Post #27

Best DC Exiled Poster for 2007, 2008 & 2009
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 110

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Oct 2 2017, 07:43 AM) *
There was no rain on Friday night but when they removed the covers from the area concerned, there were pools of water on the surface.
The work in the week was intended to solve the problem. Clearly, what they did was ineffective.
They are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on new facilities (parts of the place are a building site) yet can't be bothered to sort a long standing pitch problem.

And did this expert groundsman explain why it wasn't possible to get the big brooms out to brush off the surface water on that small area and then if still necessary throw some builders sand on the top to level it and make it playable, around half an hour to sort I would have thought?

I was one of those people who only found out it was off when I was 2 miles away (a 150-mile or so round trip for me). So you can imagine how annoyed I was.

But I was assured they'd done the above and it was more serious than that and possibly related to the building of a new stand right by the area involved. I don't think it was anything to do with the rain a day or so beforehand.

I don't know who was responsible for the ref not turning up at 7am, as I heard different reports about that. But that was the worst part about the whole episode, as that could have saved us all time and money. On the plus side, I did get to meet Marcus. A few of us stayed for a chat in Eastleigh's snazzy new clubhouse. We got a free programme and complimentary sausage rolls (not for veggie me), but no apology - the club staff we spoke to seemed almost as bemused as we were. But you can see where they've spent the money on - those smart new facilities (the poshest I've ever seen in the Conference), and not fixing their pitch drainage problems!

Personally I found the Eastleigh ground very underwhelming, not a ground that gives an appearance of any further ambition, I suppose the 500 mile round trip from Chester did not aid my enthusiasm. I too was given a free programme, its a bit hard to use as toilet paper but I'm sure I will find a use for it. Anyone interested in buying it ? lets see £ 75.00 in fuel plus a morning off work ( £ 125.00 ) call it £ 200.-00. Unused and unplayed Eastleigh programme for sale bargain at £ 200.00
Not sure what has really gone on here, but something is not right, the whole affair once again stinks and I guarantee the league will let us down badly as they already have regarding the Solihull shambles. Do the people who run our league have any accountability ? If so to whom , cos it ain't the supporters !
There's a lack of professionalism in our Division and I'm afraid it comes from the very top .

It's transformed though since our first visit. Since that day, they've built three new stands, a new clubhouse, including bar and shop. Shame they clearly haven't spent it on the drains under the newly-laid pitch. The more I read, the more I'm convinced there's a broken drain caused by the building work to their latest new stand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Oct 2 2017, 09:31 AM
Post #28

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

QUOTE (SueC @ Oct 2 2017, 09:41 AM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Oct 2 2017, 07:43 AM) *

It's transformed though since our first visit. Since that day, they've built three new stands, a new clubhouse, including bar and shop. Shame they clearly haven't spent it on the drains under the newly-laid pitch. The more I read, the more I'm convinced there's a broken drain caused by the building work to their latest new stand.

that happened at sealand road . builders wreaked the drainage put down in 1930s I think. JCBs on the pitch .

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 10:21 PM