Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SENIOR BLUES Day Trip on September 28, NESS GARDENS THE WIRRAL.
Neil Fishers Big...
post Sep 28 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

As seems to be the norm, whenever the Senior Blues organise a day trip outside anywhere, we are blessed with lovely weather and this morning was no exception.
We were very lucky to have TIM BAXTER as our guide, Tim of course spoke to our group in the Blues Bar last month.
The 20 or so of our group were shown around quite a large part of the gardens, not all of of course, as it a very large area, which would take at least a whole day if not more, to see it all.
Because of the unusual climate that exists in this part of the Wirral, there are plants and trees from all over World, some from Mexico and Tibet, China and elsewhere.
Tim seemed to know all the Latin names for everything we saw, I dont know how he remembered them all.
One particular tree caught my attention, and that was from Japan. There was one tree of the same species growing in Hiroshima when the Atomic Bomb was dropped, and got almost obliterated from the blast, but within two years it had started growing again. That is one hardy tree!
I know our group had a very enjoyable walk around the gardens in glorious sunshine this morning, and some of us has a well deserved coffee in the cafe before we departed, and some were able to buy one or two plants for our gardens.
A big thanks to Tim and his staff for a delightful and interesting morning.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post Sep 29 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5322

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Sep 28 2017, 05:13 PM) *
As seems to be the norm, whenever the Senior Blues organise a day trip outside anywhere, we are blessed with lovely weather and this morning was no exception.
We were very lucky to have TIM BAXTER as our guide, Tim of course spoke to our group in the Blues Bar last month.
The 20 or so of our group were shown around quite a large part of the gardens, not all of of course, as it a very large area, which would take at least a whole day if not more, to see it all.
Because of the unusual climate that exists in this part of the Wirral, there are plants and trees from all over World, some from Mexico and Tibet, China and elsewhere.
Tim seemed to know all the Latin names for everything we saw, I dont know how he remembered them all.
One particular tree caught my attention, and that was from Japan. There was one tree of the same species growing in Hiroshima when the Atomic Bomb was dropped, and got almost obliterated from the blast, but within two years it had started growing again. That is one hardy tree!
I know our group had a very enjoyable walk around the gardens in glorious sunshine this morning, and some of us has a well deserved coffee in the cafe before we departed, and some were able to buy one or two plants for our gardens.

I drove through little Neston 11.40 am and it was pouring down that's some micro climate they must have around Ness Gardens!!

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Sep 30 2017, 05:57 AM
Post #3

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ Sep 29 2017, 08:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Sep 28 2017, 05:13 PM) *

I drove through little Neston 11.40 am and it was pouring down that's some micro climate they must have around Ness Gardens!!

Apparently that's not unusual we were told.
We have similar changes up here in Penymynydd, last Saturday I left for the game in pouring rain, got down Chester and it was bone dry.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
3mm
post Sep 30 2017, 01:53 PM
Post #4

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Think NFBF's got a pocket sized 'Senior Blues Force Field Generator' that keeps clouds at least 400 yards away wink.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 07:52 AM