Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CFU - CFU Members Meeting Summary
Really Simple Sy...
post Sep 9 2017, 10:44 AM
Post #1

RSS Robot

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2946

The next City Fans United owners meeting is next Thursday, September 14th in the Blues Bar at the Swansway Chester Stadium with a 7.30pm start.

This is a formal members meeting.
Meeting Agenda available through this link

The streaming service will available for any owners who can't make it down to the stadium on the night. You must have renewed before the day of the meeting to eligible to watch the streaming service so don't hesitate if you haven't signed up already! Please email neil.bellis@chesterfc.com by September 13th if you want to watch the stream but haven't previously signed up.

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Sep 14 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1289

I am generally disappointed in the turnout at these meetings particularly when there are people venting off on these message boards. I don't understand why you would say something on here that you're not willing to say at a CFU meeting.

--------------------
Chester F.C established 21st May 2010.

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Sep 14 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #3

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Sep 14 2017, 12:36 PM) *
I am generally disappointed in the turnout at these meetings particularly when there are people venting off on these message boards. I don't understand why you would say something on here that you're not willing to say at a CFU meeting.
Ditto

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 14 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Sep 14 2017, 12:36 PM) *

the last meeting was a full house, lets hope we get a good turnout tonight

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Sep 15 2017, 04:18 AM
Post #5

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Sep 14 2017, 09:06 PM) *

I can not attend because I live 10,000 miles away and so I depend upon other locals to attend and ask the questions and keep the Board on its toes. Anyway I don't "vent off", ever!

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Sep 15 2017, 07:57 AM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1289

Well it clearly wasn't aimed at you then was it.

--------------------
Chester F.C established 21st May 2010.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 15 2017, 08:03 AM
Post #7

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

In Summary
The meeting was opened by the acting Chairman,
junior blues are to be managed by community trust to enable juniors to be more structured.

A plea for volunteers to join the fundraising committee despite advertising not one person has come forward , the club needs volunteers to help, the lack of volunteers is clearly becoming a problem within our club, if anybody has a couple of hours a week to spare, please contact the club, any help will be appreciated
Later the Chairman pays a tribute to Brian Burns whom will not be seeking re-election
Mark Maguire
Begins by Paying a fitting tribute to Brian Burns who is standing down from the board, he emphasises his commitment honesty and integrity to our club, Brian who works tirelessly for the club will be a great loss and personally I am saddened to hear he is standing down
MM talks about commercial deals talks about new deal with Swansway other deals including Red Insure and many more, he goes on to announce the
Club are about to launch a 100 club, £1000 per company aimed at generating much needed funds for the Club, details still being finalized but should be launched in the next month or two
With the help of fundraising from the Senior Blues the club are currently building a classroom for junior scholars, this project is nearing completion, the scholars currently study in the legends lounge. A Big Well Done to the Senior Blues
The Club are soon to introduce online ticket sales MM stresses need to move into modern age of ticket sales, he goes on to say that on a wet miserable Saturday floating supporters will often not turn up where as, if they had pre-booked there tickets online and made arrangements with other friends they are more likely to come.
( I have to agree with him on that one, we are in the dark ages when it comes to Ticket Sales)

MM talks about the process of Sacking the manager, Every player backed the manager, but once it came to the point of no return (after the Solihull game) the decision was unanimous except for one director who they couldn't get hold of.
Moves on to talk about new manager should be in place by next Thursday, tells us all who this will be but we have all been sworn to secrecy biggrin.gif
Thanks Tom Shaw , Callum and Dave Fellgate for there contribution since Jons departure

Brian burns gives an update on youth development , chairman thanks Brian for his help over the years, We have 17 lads (mostly 17 YEAR OLDS) Studying a Btec in spoRts science playing in under 19 league won first game 4-0, All the youth teams are currently top of the league so the future Is bright

half time

Q&a

Mm is asked about James alibi, trying to reach an agreement then goes to tribunal, Will probably go to a tribunal a couple of months away, Was offered 15k for him By Barnet last year
Asked about Jons comments regarding medical and training facilities, Training facilities were all Jons choices, Talks about the medical stuff and the need for scans to detect problems early, which is basically what JM was on about, but by the sound of things this was all in hand anyway
Asked about car park project would have to stack up and agreed by board
Asked about the financial position after sacking JM. MM hints that the club was protected in other words JM isn't getting the big payout people thought he was getting, wouldn't really give us more information than that, but he did comment that Laurence would not jeopardise the club when offering financial contracts, he also said it was a nonsense to suggest we couldn't afford to Sack him

Think that just about Sums the meeting up AGM in three weeks !

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Sep 15 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #8

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

thanks for the report rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Sep 15 2017, 09:45 AM
Post #9

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Sep 15 2017, 09:03 AM) *
In Summary
junior blues are to be managed by community trust to enable juniors to be more structured.

A plea for volunteers to join the fundraising committee despite advertising not one person has come forward , the club needs volunteers to help, the lack of volunteers is clearly becoming a problem within our club, if anybody has a couple of hours a week to spare, please contact the club, any help will be appreciated
Later the Chairman pays a tribute to Brian Burns whom will not be seeking re-election
Mark Maguire
Begins by Paying a fitting tribute to Brian Burns who is standing down from the board, he emphasises his commitment honesty and integrity to our club, Brian who works tirelessly for the club will be a great loss and personally I am saddened to hear he is standing down
MM talks about commercial deals talks about new deal with Swansway other deals including Red Insure and many more, he goes on to announce the
Club are about to launch a 100 club, £1000 per company aimed at generating much needed funds for the Club, details still being finalized but should be launched in the next month or two
With the help of fundraising from the Senior Blues the club are currently building a classroom for junior scholars, this project is nearing completion, the scholars currently study in the legends lounge. A Big Well Done to the Senior Blues
The Club are soon to introduce online ticket sales MM stresses need to move into modern age of ticket sales, he goes on to say that on a wet miserable Saturday floating supporters will often not turn up where as, if they had pre-booked there tickets online and made arrangements with other friends they are more likely to come.
( I have to agree with him on that one, we are in the dark ages when it comes to Ticket Sales)

MM talks about the process of Sacking the manager, Every player backed the manager, but once it came to the point of no return (after the Solihull game) the decision was unanimous except for one director who they couldn't get hold of.
Moves on to talk about new manager should be in place by next Thursday, tells us all who this will be but we have all been sworn to secrecy biggrin.gif
Thanks Tom Shaw , Callum and Dave Fellgate for there contribution since Jons departure

Brian burns gives an update on youth development , chairman thanks Brian for his help over the years, We have 17 lads (mostly 17 YEAR OLDS) Studying a Btec in spoRts science playing in under 19 league won first game 4-0, All the youth teams are currently top of the league so the future Is bright

half time

Q&a

Mm is asked about James alibi, trying to reach an agreement then goes to tribunal, Will probably go to a tribunal a couple of months away, Was offered 15k for him By Barnet last year
Asked about Jons comments regarding medical and training facilities, Training facilities were all Jons choices, Talks about the medical stuff and the need for scans to detect problems early, which is basically what JM was on about, but by the sound of things this was all in hand anyway
Asked about the financial position after sacking JM. MM hints that the club was protected in other words JM isn't getting the big payout people thought he was getting, wouldn't really give us more information than that, but he did comment that Laurence would not jeopardise the club when offering financial contracts, he also said it was a nonsense to suggest we couldn't afford to Sack him

Bulls**t.... biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Finland Blue
post Sep 15 2017, 09:49 AM
Post #10

Predict-a-Score Champion 2004/2005

Member No.: 341

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Sep 15 2017, 12:45 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Sep 15 2017, 09:03 AM) *
In Summary

Mark Maguire

half time

Q&a

Bulls**t.... biggrin.gif

Why is MM taking about the process of scking the manager? This is a Board process surely?

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Sep 15 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #11

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

If money wasn't the issue then it makes the board look even more ineffective in taking so long to sack him.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 15 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #12

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

[quote name='Bambi_CCFC' date='Sep 15 2017, 12:16 PM' post='1237793']
If money wasn't the issue then it makes the board look even more ineffective in taking so long to sack him.
[/quote

THATS WHAT THE AGM IS FOR TO ELECT NEW BOARD MEMBERS

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 15 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

just to put minds at rest over on DC2. It was a joke, of course MM didn't tell us who the next manager is going to be,

, he just told me later over a pint laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Billy Large
post Sep 15 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #14

1st team sub

Member No.: 1272

QUOTE (Bambi_CCFC @ Sep 15 2017, 11:16 AM) *

The reason for the timing was fully explained at the meeting

--------------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Sep 15 2017, 01:04 PM
Post #15

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

The timing of the sacking has already been explained as far as I'm concerned - the board believed things were about to 'click' and wanted to give McCarthy a fair chance. I think that was a poor decision, myself, but it's been done now so we move on.

Thanks for the summary Elton Blues. I would have to say though that I'm a little perturbed that there was a director who the club "couldn't get hold of" to ask his/her verdict on the manager's position at such an important time. Unless there's a good reason for it, you'd have to question what that particular director is bringing to the board.

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Sep 15 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #16

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Sep 15 2017, 01:50 PM) *
just to put minds at rest over on DC2. It was a joke, of course MM didn't tell us who the next manager is going to be,

😂😂

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Sep 15 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #17

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

QUOTE (Burrfect @ Sep 15 2017, 04:15 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Sep 15 2017, 01:50 PM) *

😂😂

don't tell him PIKE biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 10:11 PM