Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Question for the next CFU General Meeting (This Thursday), What is correct?
JamesDee
post Sep 7 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #1

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

Part of McCarthy's explanation for failing to win games was that when injuries occurred there wasn't adequate back-up with medical staff to make correct judgements for the initial treatment and for the follow up with appropriate recovery treatment. I am sure that CFU members and other supporters would like to know if there is any truth in this statement and if there is then what steps are in place to remedy the situation? If there is not any truth in the matter then why would McCarthy be making these publicly critical statements - because McCarthy is not judged to be a dishonest person. This area needs to be completely and appropriately staffed for the new manager if it is as defective as claimed and for the overall health state of all of our players from whatever "knocks" they may have received.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 7 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Sep 7 2017, 02:19 PM) *
Part of McCarthy's explanation for failing to win games was that when injuries occurred there wasn't adequate back-up with medical staff to make correct judgements for the initial treatment and for the follow up with appropriate recovery treatment. I am sure that CFU members and other supporters would like to know if there is any truth in this statement and if there is then what steps are in place to remedy the situation? If there is not any truth in the matter then why would McCarthy be making these publicly critical statements - because McCarthy is not judged to be a dishonest person. This area needs to be completely and appropriately staffed for the new manager if it is as defective as claimed and for the overall health state of all of our players from whatever "knocks" they may have received.

That was a very strange complaint, it is my understanding, this is included in the budget and was the managers responsibility, also complained about the training facilities, we currently train at Saughall which I believe was also his choice. Not so long ago he was telling us all we had world class facilities. World class facilities or the worst facilities in the world, he should never have spoken about this to the press, any support he had left, on the board or with the fans, went flying out the window with these ridiculous comments

+Quote Post
Pauline M
post Sep 8 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #3

Chair - Chester Exiles
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 921

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Sep 7 2017, 03:26 PM) *
QUOTE (JamesDee @ Sep 7 2017, 02:19 PM) *

That was a very strange complaint, it is my understanding, this is included in the budget and was the managers responsibility, also complained about the training facilities, we currently train at Saughall which I believe was also his choice. Not so long ago he was telling us all we had world class facilities. World class facilities or the worst facilities in the world, he should never have spoken about this to the press, any support he had left, on the board or with the fans, went flying out the window with these ridiculous comments

I have to say I was a bit concerned about the comments about the medical situation and would like the Board to clarify that at the next CFU meeting. We have had some very long injuries over the past two seasons which has mystified us. If there has been some cutting of finances for medical support then supporters (owners) should be more aware of this. I am sure it probably not quite true but we have had a number of strange injuries this season with no indication of the seriousness of the injury and the length of time the player will be out. I sincerely hope this gets sorted with the appointment of a new manager but it also begs the question of should we have a knowledgeable football person on the Board too?

--------------------
Join the Chester Exiles and have fun as we climb back to where we belong.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Sep 8 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

In my opinion McCarthy was just blathering in the end and trying to come up with anything to justify the continuing poor form, often contradicting himself in doing so. I don't think he was being dishonest or deceitful, it was just a case of poor interview handling.

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Sep 8 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #5

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

Basically he was talking s**te

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Sep 9 2017, 06:22 AM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Sep 8 2017, 07:35 PM) *

I think that may have been the point of no return for the Board . I presume he was talking crap .

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 9 2017, 06:24 AM
Post #7

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Sep 9 2017, 07:22 AM) *

I think that may have been the point of no return for the Board . I presume he was talking crap .

it was for me

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Sep 9 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #8

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Sep 9 2017, 07:24 AM) *

it was for me

I think time will be a lot kinder to Jon. I was shown around the changing rooms yesterday, the last time I had seen them was about two years ago. They are a transformation, very practical and professional looking.
This is just one aspect of the club that Jon had initiated amongst others.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Sep 9 2017, 11:18 AM
Post #9

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Sep 9 2017, 10:02 AM) *

it was for me

I think time will be a lot kinder to Jon. I was shown around the changing rooms yesterday, the last time I had seen them was about two years ago. They are a transformation, very practical and professional looking.

So he kept the changing rooms tidy?

I played there last summer, before that I played there during the Ian Rush years. They're just a set of changing rooms tbh. Unless you're suggesting he cleaned the bogs out better than any of the previous incumbents, but then all that matters are results on the pitch first and foremost. Not whether he was able to flush the unflushable..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Sep 9 2017, 11:21 AM
Post #10

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Sep 9 2017, 12:18 PM) *

it was for me

I played there last summer, before that I played there during the Ian Rush years. They're just a set of changing rooms tbh. Unless you're suggesting he cleaned the bogs out better than any of the previous incumbents, but then all that matters are results on the pitch first and foremost. Not whether he was able to flush the unflushable..

They have been re-fitted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Sep 9 2017, 11:27 AM
Post #11

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Sep 9 2017, 12:21 PM) *

it was for me

It's obviously not worked though has it seeing as we've not won at home since December!

The only thing Jon McCarthy will be remembered for is going 9 months without a win at home.

Honestly, sometimes I really do wonder what goes on in that head of yours

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Sep 9 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #12

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Sep 9 2017, 12:27 PM) *

it was for me

It's obviously not worked though has it seeing as we've not won at home since December!

The only thing Jon McCarthy will be remembered for is going 9 months without a win at home.

I think any effort to make our club more professional is to be applauded, that's what goes on in my head.
Anything to make OUR club better, on or off the field is important, I think it is important for some supporters to think further than just the results on the pitch, although of course that's important, the club has to look, and act professional at all times.
I understand if you want to make Jons legacy 9 months without a win the only thing you want to remember him by, but I think he deserves more than that. That's MY opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Sep 9 2017, 12:02 PM
Post #13

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Sep 9 2017, 12:55 PM) *

it was for me

I think any effort to make our club more professional is to be applauded, that's what goes on my head.
Anything to make OUR club better, on or off the field is important.
I understand if you want to make Jons legacy 9 months without a win the only thing you want to remember him by, but I think he deserves more than that. That's MY opinion.

Fair enough. But listing his main legacy as his ability to keep the bogs clean is quite frankly hilarious

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Sep 9 2017, 12:05 PM
Post #14

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Sep 9 2017, 01:02 PM) *

it was for me

I think any effort to make our club more professional is to be applauded, that's what goes on my head.
Anything to make OUR club better, on or off the field is important.

Fair enough. But listing his main legacy as his ability to keep the bogs clean is quite frankly hilarious

I didn't mention "about keeping the bogs clean" at any time, I was saying how impressed I was with the re-fit of the changing rooms,if you get the opportunity to see them, I'm sure you will agree with me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 9 2017, 12:45 PM
Post #15

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

WELL THE NEXT GENERAL MEETING IS THIS THURSDAY
http://www.devachat.com/index.php?showtopic=84400

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Sep 10 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #16

Youth team

Member No.: 12778

it was for me

I think any effort to make our club more professional is to be applauded, that's what goes on in my head.
Anything to make OUR club better, on or off the field is important, I think it is important for some supporters to think further than just the results on the pitch, although of course that's important, the club has to look, and act professional at all times.

1500 fans for a Saturday home match yesterday. That's jon's legacy!!!!

The man has damaged this club, we have lost fans who may never come back to the deva, his mental ramblings in post match interviews made us a laughing stock.

T***y S***h mark 2!

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Sep 10 2017, 01:43 PM
Post #17

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (El presidente @ Sep 10 2017, 11:14 AM) *

it was for me

The man has damaged this club, we have lost fans who may never come back to the deva, his mental ramblings in post match interviews made us a laughing stock.

T***y S***h mark 2!

The fans were dwindling long before Jon took over, after the "championship years" and we re -entered the Conference, and stopped winning things, the glory hunters stopped coming, and the crowds will not increase until we get some measure of success on the pitch.
I'm certainly NOT having you comparing Jon to T***y S***h. Smith took us down, and left the club in a mess.
Jon has left some good things at this club, and I know a lot of people at the club were very upset at his leaving, I will not allow your personal vitriol against a good man to be left unanswered, you know who I am Nathan, and I'm quite happy to debate with you face to face, about Jons legacy at this club.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Sep 10 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

I don't post on here anymore since defecting to the new, frankly far better Deva Chat but it has been brought to my attention by one or two of my peers that you, NFBF, are under the impression that I am posting as "El Presidente". I feel I have to put the record straight. Suffice to say that is categorically not the case, and I trust this will be the end of it. I do, indeed, know who you are Chris but evidently you don't know who I am(!)

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Sep 10 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #19

Youth team

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Sep 10 2017, 02:43 PM) *
QUOTE (El presidente @ Sep 10 2017, 11:14 AM) *

it was for me

T***y S***h mark 2!

The fans were dwindling long before Jon took over, after the "championship years" and we re -entered the Conference, and stopped winning things, the glory hunters stopped coming, and the crowds will not increase until we get some measure of success on the pitch.
I'm certainly NOT having you comparing Jon to T***y S***h. Smith took us down, and left the club in a mess.
Jon has left some good things at this club, and I know a lot of people at the club were very upset at his leaving, I will not allow your personal vitriol against a good man to be left unanswered, you know who I am Nathan, and I'm quite happy to debate with you face to face, about Jons legacy at this club.

Can't you read CHRIS my name is el presidente not NATHAN.

We will have to agree to disagree over MENTAL Mcarthy, you think he was the best thing since sliced bread and myself and 99.9% of the fans thought it was a clueless plonker.

On the upside of his sacking, we will soon have a new manager you can BEFRIEND to give speeches at YOUR senior blues meetings.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Sep 11 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #20

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

This thread has taken a turn for the absurd. In my opinion his legacy will be someone who did a lot of good work for the club behind the scenes, but ultimately was out of his depth as club manager. I think that's fair.

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Sep 11 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #21

Youth team

QUOTE (Lobster @ Sep 11 2017, 10:18 AM) *
This thread has taken a turn for the absurd. In my opinion his legacy will be someone who did a lot of good work for the club behind the scenes, but ultimately was out of his depth as club manager. I think that's fair.

Serious question, but what has he done "behind the scenes?" I haven't heard of anything except the chairman on this thread saying he spruced up the changing rooms.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 11 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #22

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

I,m sure Brian or one of the other volunteers/directors would love to answer that question on Thursday night, 7.30pm Start, see you there !

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Sep 11 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Sep 11 2017, 11:51 AM) *
I,m sure Brian or one of the other volunteers/directors would love to answer that question on Thursday night, 7.30pm Start, see you there !

Good answer !

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Sep 12 2017, 10:07 AM
Post #24

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Sep 11 2017, 02:55 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Sep 11 2017, 11:51 AM) *

Good answer !

very important meeting this, if anyone wishes to air their opinions to the powers that be, they should come along and have there say during the Q & A session

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Sep 12 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #25

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

I have heard it all now, the man is a legend.
Forget the fact he refused to play our best defender since we reformed until he simply had to, then dropped him against the goats for his best ever signing ( whatever happened to him) continued to give contracts to the likes of Kane Richards and Jordan Chappell and let Johnny hunt go.
Hardly played Tom shaw all season because he is not match fit, seriously how do you get match fit not playing? Please enlighten me.
We haven't won a home match since god knows when and he completely lost the plot with local reporters.
But on a bright note, the changing rooms look nice.

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 10:06 PM