Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Virgin trains fares
Duncan2404
post Aug 31 2017, 08:57 AM
Post #1

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12820

Chester exile here, hoping to attend more home games this season as well as a plethora of games closer to home in the south east. Getting to Chester is pretty straight forward but the train prices are a bind...Richard Branson is filling his boots!! I expect theres no way round it but someone out there (particularly a fellow supporter in a similar location) might know of a way of getting tickets at cheaper rates or other ways of cutting the cost..websites etc..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 31 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #2

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

It's worth using a site like this one to see if you can split your ticket.

Train fares often don't make a lot of sense, and you can sometimes save money by buying two tickets for separate legs of your journey. For example, I saved a fiver on a trip from Liverpool to Manchester not long ago by getting a ticket from Liverpool to Newton-le-Willows, and then another one from Newton-le-Willows to Manchester. The train was going via Newton-le-Willows anyway so it made no difference to the trip, it's just that I paid for it as two separate journeys.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 31 2017, 05:24 PM
Post #3

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (Lobster @ Aug 31 2017, 12:57 PM) *
It's worth using a site like this one to see if you can split your ticket.

Train fares often don't make a lot of sense, and you can sometimes save money by buying two tickets for separate legs of your journey. For example, I saved a fiver on a trip from Liverpool to Manchester not long ago by getting a ticket from Liverpool to Newton-le-Willows, and then another one from Newton-le-Willows to Manchester. The train was going via Newton-le-Willows anyway so it made no difference to the trip, it's just that I paid for it as two separate journeys.

Obviously the further in the future that you decide to book ahead makes it cheaper.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 10:40 PM