> big 7 days, for macca
leeswoodblue
post Aug 29 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #1

YTS Trainee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 8175

as title suggest 2 away games massive for both macca and the club
lose them and we could be managerless ,win them and at the very least mccarthy gets a reprieve
also by then we may have at least some of the injured strikers returning too
next home game ebsfleet gonna be an interesting game in itself for many reasons
got to try and keep the faith cityscarf.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 30 2017, 07:02 AM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (leeswoodblue @ Aug 29 2017, 11:31 PM) *
as title suggest 2 away games massive for both macca and the club
lose them and we could be managerless ,win them and at the very least mccarthy gets a reprieve
also by then we may have at least some of the injured strikers returning too
next home game ebsfleet gonna be an interesting game in itself for many reasons
got to try and keep the faith cityscarf.gif

have to agree, 2 must win games for macca (if hes still got the job that is) 2 losses and I cant see any way back, on the subject of the four injured strikers why isn't Macca trying to get someone in on loan? This sack the manager campaign is clearly having an effect on everyone and I think if the board are going to stick by him they need to make some sort of statement so that everyone can go about there business properly

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Aug 30 2017, 08:44 AM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

Torquay away was a great day out last year, hope its the same this year

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 30 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #4

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

QUOTE (awaydays @ Aug 30 2017, 09:44 AM) *
Torquay away was a great day out last year, hope its the same this year

I hope it is. I'm going on Saturday and can't wait for it.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Aug 30 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1289

He really needs to dip into the loan market and get in another forward if we have the four forwards out again. Chucking Astles up there for all his efforts is not the answer, it's okay if you're chasing the game with a few minutes to go but he was put up there to the detriment of the defence on Monday. At times he looked like a fan that had won a competition to play.

There must be development squads out there that are willing to let there young lads have some competitive minutes. Can we have Oli McBurnie back for a month or so please Swansea??

--------------------
Chester F.C established 21st May 2010.

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 30 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (nicksonmatt @ Aug 30 2017, 10:30 AM) *
He really needs to dip into the loan market and get in another forward if we have the four forwards out again. Chucking Astles up there for all his efforts is not the answer, it's okay if you're chasing the game with a few minutes to go but he was put up there to the detriment of the defence on Monday. At times he looked like a fan that had won a competition to play.

There must be development squads out there that are willing to let there young lads have some competitive minutes. Can we have Oli McBurnie back for a month or so please Swansea??

I wouldnt give him another penny to spend . The players clearly arent playing for him so what difference is one more player going to make ? The longer it takes to make the decision the less chance we have of climbing the table .

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 30 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #7

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Oli's breaking into the first team so I doubt we'll get him back.

If all 4 are going to be unfit for the next two games it makes sense to bring someone in as both look winnable if we can put a decent team out.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 30 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #8

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Aug 30 2017, 10:41 AM) *

I wouldnt give him another penny to spend . The players clearly arent playing for him so what difference is one more player going to make ? The longer it takes to make the decision the less chance we have of climbing the table .

thought the likes of McBurnie came for free ?

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Aug 30 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

They do come for free, obviously I know McBurnie is doing well at Swansea and we wouldn't get him back; but how many other big clubs are out there that should be willing for their youngsters to get proper game time.

We simply can't expect anything if we don't have a recognised striker on the pitch. If you look at the article today from Ryan Astles he has come out and defended the manager again saying it's the players that should be getting the brunt of the boos. Is that him standing by his manager or letting us know that there are some bad eggs in the squad that are simply not willing to play for him any longer?

--------------------

+Quote Post
paulus103
post Aug 30 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #10

Debut

Member No.: 11862

CHESTER FC TV: Straight- talking interview with CEO Mark Maguire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYudglN2UE

This post has been edited by paulus103: Aug 30 2017, 01:56 PM

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 30 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #11

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

looks like a vote of confidence to me, without saying its a vote of confidence, as everyone knows when you give a manager a vote of confidence he usually gets the sack the following day. now that's out of the way can we get a striker in on loan ASAP

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 30 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #12

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 30 2017, 04:01 PM) *
looks like a vote of confidence to me, without saying its a vote of confidence, as everyone knows when you give a manager a vote of confidence he usually gets the sack the following day. now that's out of the way can we get a striker in on loan ASAP

Sounded like a man who intends to make rational, thought out decisions and not purely emotive or panic ones.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 30 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 30 2017, 04:15 PM) *

Sounded like a man who intends to make rational, thought out decisions and not purely emotive or panic ones.

agree and probably what this club needs, although I don't think many will agree on that point,
the managers under pressure, some folk thrive on pressure others collapse, how JM reacts and more importantly how he gets the team to react will probably decide his future with our wonderful club, Good luck John !

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Aug 30 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #14

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

Well hes had no luck so far, if he makes the next home game needs a new game plan not luck

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 30 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #15

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 30 2017, 04:24 PM) *

agree and probably what this club needs, although I don't think many will agree on that point,
the managers under pressure, some folk thrive on pressure others collapse, how JM reacts and more importantly how he gets the team to react will probably decide his future with our wonderful club, Good luck John !

But how far does it need to go before replacing the manager becomes the "rational, thought out" decision?

This is the worst run of home form in the club's history, and I don't just mean post-2010. McCarthy continues to set us up at home in a way that simply will not win us games. The 'BlueMonday' statement the club put out seemed to be a strong hint that the way we're playing at home must change, but the message appears lost on McCarthy who insists on having 11 men in the box defending a corner while 1-0 down at home, and still somehow a Macc player scores unmarked in the six yard box.

The bookies now have us odds on to finish in the bottom four. Dismissing McCarthy will be a sad and unenviable task as I do believe he puts his heart and soul into the role, but it would not be panicking. This has gone on for a long, long time, and it will not change. Two clubs in our division have already parted company with their managers, and I'm not saying they're right to do so. I hate the hiring and firing culture in football, but we've been more than patient with McCarthy and things now really must change.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 30 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lobster @ Aug 30 2017, 06:12 PM) *

But how far does it need to go before replacing the manager becomes the "rational, thought out" decision?

This is the worst run of home form in the club's history, and I don't just mean post-2010. McCarthy continues to set us up at home in a way that simply will not win us games. The 'BlueMonday' statement the club put out seemed to be a strong hint that the way we're playing at home must change, but the message appears lost on McCarthy who insists on having 11 men in the box defending a corner while 1-0 down at home, and still somehow a Macc player scores unmarked in the six yard box.

The bookies now have us odds on to finish in the bottom four. Dismissing McCarthy will be a sad and unenviable task as I do believe he puts his heart and soul into the role, but it would not be panicking. This has gone on for a long, long time, and it will not change. Two clubs in our division have already parted company with their managers, and I'm not saying they're right to do so. I hate the hiring and firing culture in football, but we've been more than patient with McCarthy and things now really must change.

I think we can safely say he's got another 2-3 games to go before a decision on his future is made.

+Quote Post
toto
post Aug 30 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 314

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 30 2017, 06:54 PM) *

I think we can safely say he's got another 2-3 games to go before a decision on his future is made.

Would agree but it may depend on whether players are behind him...difficult to know. If they are then he can go on longer.
Also we aren't privy to the trust members thoughts and considerations. Money is involved if he is sacked. If he resigns, maybe not so. Therefore the rationale may be to let him stay in charge for some time as points wise we are OK. After say 10 games if we are still doing badly he may resign, without needing to be sacked. Currently though we don't really need to panic.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 31 2017, 06:17 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 30 2017, 06:54 PM) *

Fair enough, although I sense that the majority of fans believe that's 2-3 games too many. The thing is, I wouldn't be too surprised if we snook a couple of decent results from these two away games against fairly poor sides, but then we'll follow it up with another limp showing at home to Ebbsfleet and we'll be back to square one. For a club like us, it's crucial that home games aren't made to feel like a chore, and they do at the moment because of the uncompromising and unsuccessful way the manager insists on setting us up at home.

I think Maguire comes across pretty well in the interview as he usually does, but I can't agree with him that anything is about to 'click'.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 31 2017, 06:31 AM
Post #19

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

good post, he's got himself into a bit of a pickle, and there's only one way out, get some results, if this does not happen then as you suggest he may have to resign.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 31 2017, 07:10 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

He'd be mad to resign with two years still on his contract surely? I don't think anyone in their right mind would do that without another job to go to.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 31 2017, 08:20 AM
Post #21

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

In the early Sixties, I saw a Chester side go 26 games home and away without a win.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Duncan2404
post Aug 31 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #22

Debut

Member No.: 12820

If we can't beat Torquay it's time to give up...nothing short of four points from the next two would be the minimum requirement for me...

+Quote Post
nicksonmatt
post Aug 31 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

^ I would say 2 wins out of the next 3 games is a minimum requirement. With the biggest amount of pressure on the next home game, not only the result but the way the team is set up and performance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 31 2017, 11:15 AM
Post #24

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 31 2017, 09:20 AM) *

In the early Sixties, I saw a Chester side go 26 games home and away without a win.

Me too. Youngsters these days don't know what 'grim' is. biggrin.gif

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 31 2017, 11:29 AM
Post #25

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 31 2017, 12:15 PM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 31 2017, 09:20 AM) *

Me too. Youngsters these days don't know what 'grim' is. biggrin.gif

As I say to some of my colleagues in the West stand, quite regularly, "We've seen it all before!" rolleyes.gif

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 10:14 PM