> Torquay - Phoenix talk
Riviera
post Aug 29 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12821

Hi there,

I'm a Torquay supporter who won't be attending on Saturday. In short, we are owned by a notorious asset stripper in the name of Clark Osborne who has promised success on and off the field. However, Gaming International are only interested in one thing, the freehold for Plainmoor. False promises after false promises, I think last weekend has become the lowest point in our 118 year history. No 'five-year plan, local board of directors (we don't have a board), manager, vital recruitment and our owners couldn't care less that they don't even attend our matches. I along with a number of other supporters believe that whatever happens on the pitch this season there is only one way TUFC will end up in the near future, non-existent.

There is talk on our forum of a phoenix club, boycotting and barring a couple of posters this seems to be the overall mindset of our fed-up supporters. The one thing we CANNOT let happen is let the council sell the freehold to G.I and the only way we can protect Plainmoor is to drive them out. There's a lot more to it than what I have briefly mentioned and it's all been downhill in the last 5 years.

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9586

I know Chester's current form isn't fantastic, however fans like myself admire how well the people of Chester prepared to start again. Any advice for this sort of process would be great on the forum link above.

Good luck for the rest of the season! cityscarf.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sqwaz
post Aug 29 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #2

SEALS SEALS SEALS

Member No.: 425

QUOTE (Riviera @ Aug 29 2017, 03:57 PM) *
Hi there,

I'm a Torquay supporter who won't be attending on Saturday. In short, we are owned by a notorious asset stripper in the name of Clark Osborne who has promised success on and off the field. However, Gaming International are only interested in one thing, the freehold for Plainmoor. False promises after false promises, I think last weekend has become the lowest point in our 118 year history. No 'five-year plan, local board of directors (we don't have a board), manager, vital recruitment and our owners couldn't care less that they don't even attend our matches. I along with a number of other supporters believe that whatever happens on the pitch this season there is only one way TUFC will end up in the near future, non-existent.

There is talk on our forum of a phoenix club, boycotting and barring a couple of posters this seems to be the overall mindset of our fed-up supporters. The one thing we CANNOT let happen is let the council sell the freehold to G.I and the only way we can protect Plainmoor is to drive them out. There's a lot more to it than what I have briefly mentioned and it's all been downhill in the last 5 years.

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9586

I know Chester's current form isn't fantastic, however fans like myself admire how well the people of Chester prepared to start again. Any advice for this sort of process would be great on the forum link above.

Good luck for the rest of the season! cityscarf.gif
good luck biggrin.gif guiness.gif

--------------------
SEEKING TRUTH,SIMPLICITY AND THE SRIRIT TO PROVAIL....................

+Quote Post
sqwaz
post Aug 29 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #3

SEALS SEALS SEALS

Member No.: 425

They need the bear in the big blue house guiness.gif

--------------------
SEEKING TRUTH,SIMPLICITY AND THE SRIRIT TO PROVAIL....................

+Quote Post
toto
post Aug 29 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 314

Maybe Helen Chamberlain can help you out and start a fans based club? She has the brains and love for the club.
Oddly enough I was photographing a wedding where she was close friend of the bride and I not only danced with her but spoke a great deal about our respective clubs.
It may be my first game of the season from nr Bath and pick up a friend enroute. he a Swansea fan we reciprocate our support for each others clubs when we can.
There is some trepidation in that the game doesn't hold out for much but at this level its as much as the day in its entirety, rather than what transpires on the pitch.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 30 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

On the whole most Chester fans are proud to be a fan owned, if that's the way you go, I wish you every success. By the sounds of it you may have a long way to go before fan ownership, and there may be things you can put in place before you get there. I think starting a supporter group is a must you should have a look at the supporters direct website https://supporters-direct.org/
Your ground may be listed as a community asset and possibly can be listed as an Asset of Community Value (ACV). Here is a link to a webpage giving you a guide to doing this http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/interested...ng-your-stadium.

Oh and have a read of this how the Germans do it . https://supporters-direct.org/articles/germ...model-explained

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Sep 3 2017, 05:33 PM
Post #6

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

Don't no much to do with Torquay, but the problems are nothing like chesters problems were, from what I've red, you got an owner who wants to build you a new ground ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 11:02 PM