Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Last home league win - 17th December 2016
York Deva
post Aug 28 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4546

Been checking back and I can't believe this is the case - unless I'm mistaken.

We seem to be between a rock and a hard place. McCarthy is obviously not doing the job we hoped he would and yet we haven't the funds to get rid.

I know there are mitigating circumstances but this coin-toss consistency doesn't point to any logical management. The players are admirably loyal and say it's their fault for not employing the tactics they were given, but that just gets repetitive. Why do we switch off in the first half for instance?

John McCarthy is obviously a very decent human being, it's whether he's a decent manager that is still to be decided...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 28 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (York Deva @ Aug 28 2017, 05:24 PM) *
Been checking back and I can't believe this is the case - unless I'm mistaken.

We seem to be between a rock and a hard place. McCarthy is obviously not doing the job we hoped he would and yet we haven't the funds to get rid.

I know there are mitigating circumstances but this coin-toss consistency doesn't point to any logical management. The players are admirably loyal and say it's their fault for not employing the tactics they were given, but that just gets repetitive. Why do we switch off in the first half for instance?

John McCarthy is obviously a very decent human being, it's whether he's a decent manager that is still to be decided...

Still to be decided ? by who the directors ? I made my mind up on new years day .

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 29 2017, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

Posted by Anders on the other forum:

Our last home win was so long ago it’s quite possible a Chester fan went home after the Aldershot win in a good mood, conceived with their partner and now be holding a baby in their arms, an entire pregnancy.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 01:24 PM