> Self-driving lorries
3mm
post Aug 26 2017, 07:38 AM
Post #1

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

The government have announced plans to test self-driving lorries on our roads next year, presumably following the trial of a rudderless ship by the Tory party.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 26 2017, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 26 2017, 08:38 AM) *
The government have announced plans to test self-driving lorries on our roads next year, presumably following the trial of a rudderless ship by the Tory party.

After today's tragic accident on the M1, when a mini-bus was crushed by a lorry, leaving 8 people dead with another two very seriously injured, I can't believe is a great idea at all.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 27 2017, 06:23 AM
Post #3

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 26 2017, 05:53 PM) *
QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 26 2017, 08:38 AM) *

After today's tragic accident on the M1, when a mini-bus was crushed by a lorry, leaving 8 people dead with another two very seriously injured, I can't believe is a great idea at all.

Driven by a human, though.

There are so many poor human drivers around, I think I have more faith in computers to be honest. The bigger concern for me is security and hacking, especially with vehicles being used increasingly often to commit acts of terrorism.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 11:31 AM