Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester v Sutton united, Match thread
blue cestrian
post Aug 18 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #1

Youth team

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2072

Can the blues overcome the high flying pie eating Sutton United, or will we be treated to yet another super entertaining draw cityscarf.gif Think it will be a tuffie this one

This post has been edited by blue cestrian: Aug 18 2017, 10:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 18 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #2

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

It will be a tough game, but I still remain with a 2-1 Chester prediction.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 19 2017, 05:41 AM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

yes, should be a hard game with all that money Sutton earned last year in the cup, I expect they will have a strong squad, feel like I am already giving McCarthy his excuses but like Rio think we may sneak it with a bit of luck.

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Aug 19 2017, 08:12 AM
Post #4

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

heart says win .but head says 1-1

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 19 2017, 11:47 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

CANT SEE US DOIN ANYTHING AT ALDERSHOT SO TODAY IS A MUST WIN

+Quote Post
archie thomas
post Aug 19 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #6

1st team captain
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6230

2-0 blues guiness.gif cityscarf.gif come on city

--------------------
dances with wolfs
we whistled and we sang till the sealand end rang and we won the heart of the sealand end.

champions 2010-2011 champions 2011-12 champions 2012-13

high on a hill stood a lonely goat . higher up the hill stood a bloody big wolf. .. 0-2 TO THE PUB TEAM

134 goals .. ALABI 17 GOALS SEASON 16/17

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Aug 19 2017, 02:07 PM
Post #7

Squad player

0-1 7 mins crying.gif

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Aug 19 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #8

Squad player

QUOTE (manchester blue @ Aug 19 2017, 03:07 PM) *
0-1 7 mins crying.gif

0-2

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Aug 19 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #9

Squad player

QUOTE (manchester blue @ Aug 19 2017, 03:45 PM) *
QUOTE (manchester blue @ Aug 19 2017, 03:07 PM) *
0-1 7 mins crying.gif

0-2

1-2 got one back

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Aug 19 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #10

Squad player

2-2 cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 19 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #11

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

The commentators are either sceaming into the mic or sitting miles away from it . Very irritating

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 19 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Aug 19 2017, 04:28 PM) *
The commentators are either sceaming into the mic or sitting miles away from it . Very irritating

They are not screaming into the mic now

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Aug 19 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #13

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

Dire first half played great 2nd half need to sack the long ball game and adapt the football tactics we were so unlucky

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 19 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (awaydays @ Aug 19 2017, 05:14 PM) *
Dire first half played great 2nd half need to sack the long ball game and adapt the football tactics we were so unlucky

So ,you think we should sack the manager ? Thats the only way the tactics are going to change .

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 19 2017, 04:52 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

DC1 in shock presumably ? Little over 1500 home supporters in attendance . Can the directors afford NOT to sack him ? Thats a massive loss in revenue over the course of a season and it could get worse,attendance wise

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Aug 19 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #16

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

That's a good point, perhaps we should start a crowdsackthemanagerfund

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Aug 19 2017, 05:30 PM
Post #17

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

Think if we played the second half tactics against the teams we already played we would av won two of the four games played

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 19 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #18

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (awaydays @ Aug 19 2017, 06:30 PM) *
Think if we played the second half tactics against the teams we already played we would av won two of the four games played

Exactly . And thats why we will get nowhere with this manager . The budget has been increased this season to obtain better players ,supposedly . And yet he firstly signs players carrying injuries and then fails to make sure the players who are able to take part in pre-season work hard enough to get fit . Then when the season starts we fail to compete with the opposition in midfield where it really counts and allow ball after ball to be played into the box unchallenged . Unbelievable !

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Aug 19 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #19

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

That first half was utter shambles, just a worse version of all of our home games since January. It was just hoof, hoof, hoof. What made me get frustrated the most was that we had ELEVEN men back for corners. What is the sense in that? For a corner you should have about 2-3 players near the halfway line incase we started a counter attack. But with every man back the possession will just go back to the opposition. The second half was much better. We actually played the ball along the floor and looked good going forward. That second half performance goes to show that we are capable against anyone, but the players don't receive the correct tactics/coaching properly. In a sense I thought we were unlucky in the end as we did improve. It's the first half performance which was more disappointing, along with a very poor attendance.
Onto Aldershot now, which will be a similar game than today. I really want to go, however I might be having a mouth operation on Friday which would prevent me from going. I am praying that my potential operation gets cancelled so I can head down to Hampshire to back the blues.
COYB!

This post has been edited by RioTheBallBoy: Aug 19 2017, 06:09 PM

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 19 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Aug 19 2017, 07:08 PM) *
That first half was utter shambles, just a worse version of all of our home games since January. It was just hoof, hoof, hoof. What made me get frustrated the most was that we had ELEVEN men back for corners. What is the sense in that? For a corner you should have about 2-3 players near the halfway line incase we started a counter attack. But with every man back the possession will just go back to the opposition. The second half was much better. We actually played the ball along the floor and looked good going forward. That second half performance goes to show that we are capable against anyone, but the players don't receive the correct tactics/coaching properly. In a sense I thought we were unlucky in the end as we did improve. It's the first half performance which was more disappointing, along with a very poor attendance.
Onto Aldershot now, which will be a similar game than today. I really want to go, however I might be having a mouth operation on Friday which would prevent me from going. I am praying that my potential operation gets cancelled so I can head down to Hampshire to back the blues.
COYB!

If the game was as bad as you suggest maybe you shouldnt be in such a rush to go to Hampshire , just a thought . The tactics arent going to change untill the manager goes . I admire your enthusiasm though .

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 19 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (blue cestrian @ Aug 19 2017, 06:27 PM) *
That's a good point, perhaps we should start a crowdsackthemanagerfund

Not a bad idea in theory but would you give the money to the directors ? They would probably use it to extend his contract by another 2 years ! Lets face it ,they have chosen 2 duffers now .

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Aug 19 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #22

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

Sack McCarthy. Get on the phone to Graham Barrow and get him in on a short term deal till end of the season.

No more rubbish cheap options. Get McCarthy out before our crowds drop even further

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 19 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #23

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Think people need to accept we were up against a much stronger team today who will probably be in the mix for promotion at the end of the season. They totally outplayed us in the first half and we were lucky we got a goal just after their second to keep us in the game. Second half we started passing the ball round on the ground and looked the better side for half an hour, in which time we equalised. We were unlucky to concede in the 91st minute when it looked like we'd get a creditable draw.

Hopefully the second half performance is something we can build on, it's how we need to play. Key to it was the greater contributions from both Mahon and Dawson which both have been lacking in previous games.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Aug 19 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #24

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 19 2017, 09:48 PM) *
Think people need to accept we were up against a much stronger team today who will probably be in the mix for promotion at the end of the season. They totally outplayed us in the first half and we were lucky we got a goal just after their second to keep us in the game. Second half we started passing the ball round on the ground and looked the better side for half an hour, in which time we equalised. We were unlucky to concede in the 91st minute when it looked like we'd get a creditable draw.

Hopefully the second half performance is something we can build on, it's how we need to play. Key to it was the greater contributions from both Mahon and Dawson which both have been lacking in previous games.

I disagree. Sutton did look sharp in the first half but we made it very, very easy for them with the way we played and the extremely defensive way we were set up. We did well to get back into the game and should have gone on to win, but it seems like McCarthy's attitude is just to sit on what you've got, even if it's just a point at home to Sutton United.

Letting in a late goal is not unlucky if it happens again and again and again. How many games have we last in the last 5 minutes this year? You could just tell it was going to happen today with the way we ended the game.

The manager is holding this team back, and I'm afraid it's not going to change.

+Quote Post
GazCCFC
post Aug 20 2017, 07:31 AM
Post #25

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 733

QUOTE (3mm @ Aug 19 2017, 09:48 PM) *

It's amazing how often we are 'unlucky'. How many times have we conceded late goals in the last six months? We played well for 15/20 minutes in the second half because Sutton were rattled after the disallowed goal, and because the players decided to ignore McCarthy's 'tactics'. People were talking about Fylde, Halifax and Hartlepool being good teams as well. Look at the league table this morning. I guess everyone is decent when you're heading for 24th place in the division, though!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 12:18 PM