Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Billericay Town F.C., Glenn Tamplin
stortfordblue
post Aug 14 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3174

Anyone got the gen on this clown? I heard him on TalkSPORT the other day giving it big licks & complaining that he'd looked at Bishops Stortford F.C. first who I have a bit of a soft spot for as I lived there for a few years & my kids still do.
They're a friendly little family club & I'm sure many fans will have enjoyed non-league day away at their place in the Conference North.
Anyway, he couldn't take over there because the current owners only own 50% or something so then he tried Dagenham & Redbridge who I believe are fan owned or similar, their fans "treated him terribly" according to him. I suspect they just weren't interested in him using their club as a plaything.

He's now at Billericay at wants them in the league within 5 years. He even mentioned wanting to win the FA Trophy "while we're still able to enter it". He's so far signed Jamie O'Hara, Jermaine Pennant & Paul Konchesky but reckons he's turned down far more ex-PL players.

Oh & did I mention he's also the manager...?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Aug 14 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #2

I'm not Irish!

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1413

Their playing budget is also around the 30k per week mark

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 07:31 AM