Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are Chester F/T or P/T ?
Donny R
post Aug 2 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Debut

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12807

HI, trying to find out which teams are full time or part time in the National.Thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Aug 2 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #2

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

QUOTE (Donny R @ Aug 2 2017, 08:24 PM) *
HI, trying to find out which teams are full time or part time in the National.Thank you

Chester are between the two. Full time professional players who have football as their main job, but we train less than fulltime and don't pay players in the close season. None of our players have full time other jobs.

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 2 2017, 11:54 PM
Post #3

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

Either you're full time or you're not. We're not, we only train 3 times a week.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Aug 3 2017, 06:29 AM
Post #4

Castra Devana

Member No.: 1198

On that simplistic basis, NO footballer is full time, do they train 40 hours a week ? Part traditionally used to refer to playing after work, as a second job. Look at our footballers twitter and what the describe their occupation - full time professional footballers. We should not compare ourselves with semi pro clubs whos players have other full time jobs, nor with teams who train more than us, we're somewhere between the two.

This post has been edited by Che Guevara: Aug 3 2017, 06:30 AM

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 3 2017, 06:39 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

So I think the answer is full-part time, or part-full time ? rolleyes.gif None of our players have full time other jobs, when we were in the lower leagues our players like George Horan (electrician) had full time jobs whilst playing for us part time and training in the evenings, the bunch we have now don't have other jobs so in my view they are full time players on seasonal contracts.

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 3 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #6

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Given that the players are essentially 'full-time', then why is training only 3 days a week? I presume it's financial ... cost of training facility?

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
classic-cabana
post Aug 10 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #7

Bo-Lieve!
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1879

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 3 2017, 11:54 AM) *
Given that the players are essentially 'full-time', then why is training only 3 days a week? I presume it's financial ... cost of training facility?

I don't think it's even 3 days a week. I know when Burr was in charge it was 3 days a week 9-12, only 2 days if we had a Tuesday night game. I really hope that's not the case now.

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 11 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #8

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (classic-cabana @ Aug 11 2017, 12:12 AM) *
QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 3 2017, 11:54 AM) *

I don't think it's even 3 days a week. I know when Burr was in charge it was 3 days a week 9-12, only 2 days if we had a Tuesday night game. I really hope that's not the case now.

It's Monday, Tuesday & Thursday this season, I believe.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 10:20 AM