3mm
post Jul 30 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 91

It is according to the Chester Chronicle

Don't like the sound of this. Where will people park on match day?

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Jul 30 2017, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 12771

Can't get me head round that one , don't the football club own the lease of the car park ?

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jul 30 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #3

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

QUOTE (awaydays @ Jul 30 2017, 11:06 PM) *
Can't get me head round that one , don't the football club own the lease of the car park ?

The club's lease is with CWAC, this application is to Flintshire C.C. and refers to an 'area of vacant and disused car parking' though I assume that they will also have to apply to CWAC for planning permission as well at some point (if they haven't already done so)-

https://digital.flintshire.gov.uk/FCC_Plann...ls?refno=057220

https://digital.flintshire.gov.uk/FCC_Plann...wDocView/122663

This post has been edited by a view from outside: Jul 30 2017, 10:37 PM

+Quote Post
Marty Funkhouser
post Jul 31 2017, 06:17 AM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 8363

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jul 30 2017, 11:27 PM) *
QUOTE (awaydays @ Jul 30 2017, 11:06 PM) *

The club's lease is with CWAC, this application is to Flintshire C.C. and refers to an 'area of vacant and disused car parking' though I assume that they will also have to apply to CWAC for planning permission as well at some point (if they haven't already done so)-

https://digital.flintshire.gov.uk/FCC_Plann...wDocView/122663

I have objected to their proposals via the Flintshire Council website. It's a very simple process and I urge all Chester fans to do likewise.

--------------------
If you can be bothered, follow me on Twitter @Viv_Savage_CFC for more rubbish like this, condensed into 140 characters or less.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 31 2017, 06:37 AM
Post #5

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 8970

I notice by the picture that probably half of the Harry Mac Car Park is going to be used , Is this another kick in the teeth from Chester University ?
Big Sponsors of Warrington Rugby League, Zero sponsorship for Chester Football club, never hear much about community projects from the university, all they seem to be doing is taking over the City Centre. Student accommodation = big rental bucks. you may complain to you local MP, he's from Warrington ! How many years was that piece of land for sale where Swansway Cars is now ?
There is a massive plot for sale at the very beginning of bumpers lane in fact there are several larger plots for sale on the estate, yet they choose this plot, stinks to high heaven this, selling a prime piece of land in the city centre and moving to probably the cheapest plot on the estate. How much money is to be made from this move, millions and millions its all about the cash.

The only positive we may be able to catch a bus to the ground from now on

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Jul 31 2017, 08:52 AM
Post #6

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

this won't be allowed as it would cause big traffic problems

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 31 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #7

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (blue cestrian @ Jul 31 2017, 09:52 AM) *

My main complaint would the air quality, there is likely to be a lot of pollution around the football club, just when the diesel has been proved bad for air quality.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 31 2017, 11:34 AM
Post #8

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 31 2017, 11:32 AM) *

My main complaint would the air quality, there is likely to be a lot of pollution around the football club, just when the diesel has been proved bad for air quality.

that is a good point, having a smokey bus depot next to a stadium certainly worth a mention on any objections raised, pollution control, not to mention the additional pollution caused with the extra mileage the buses will have to do to get to the town centre

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 31 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #9

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

object here

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Jul 31 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

That area has been a nightmare since B&Q was built . What makes you think the council are suddenly concerned about traffic problems ?

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jul 31 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #11

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1562

I literally do not see what the fuss is about.

The club needs to make money to survive, you're living in a fantasy land if you think that having a car park is in any way financially viable.

Parking will be affected but public transport will be hugely improved, can easily be a condition of the lease.

I'm told the area cannot be used for 3G pitches and so nothing is lost there, clifton drive and the field opposite the entrance are more viable options.

If it comes down to parking vs money coming in, only one winner.

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Jul 31 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #12

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

Are the club getting out from this ?

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jul 31 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #13

A balanced view.
Group Icon

they will sub-let the ground used which will generate much needed regular income.

or we can go back to £325k budget and struggle every season. remember this year we've had Hughes money make our budget competitive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 31 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #14

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

There's no mention of that in the chronicle article, if there was I believe a lot of posts may have been different, perhaps we should wait for all the facts before forming opinions one way or the other, I think the club should make a statement, especially if there is some sort of financial gain by this

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Jul 31 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #15

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Your the one who posted the link to complain!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 31 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

blush.gif crying.gif

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 31 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #17

Club Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 2595

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jul 31 2017, 05:57 PM) *
blush.gif crying.gif

The Council owns the ground, so are the likely to pay anything to us?

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY

+Quote Post
Bambi_CCFC
post Aug 1 2017, 04:59 AM
Post #18

The MIGHTY MIGHTY Chester....

Member No.: 1490

There's too many unknowns at this point to make a proper judgement on it. On the face of it I'm not a great fan of the idea but if we can negotiate some real benefit to the club (such as through an income and improving transport links) then I'm sure many would be more supportive.

--------------------
Northern Premier League Division One North Champions 2010/11

Northern Premier League Premier Division Champions 2011/12

Conference North Champions 2012/13

Supporters Direct Cup: Winners 2011
Peter Swailes Shield: Winners 2012
Cheshire Senior Cup: Winners 2013

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 1 2017, 07:32 AM
Post #19

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

think ill wait and see, the topic is far from over, there are still concerns about congestion, noise and pollution, and as yet nobody seems to know whether the club will gain from this or not, either way I still have my reservations .

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 1 2017, 07:32 AM
Post #20

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

think ill wait and see, the topic is far from over, there are still concerns about congestion, noise and pollution, and as yet nobody seems to know whether the club will gain from this or not, either way I still have my reservations .

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Aug 1 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #21

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Remember this is the depot chaps, not a station. Buses wont be coming and going every 5 minutes.

We own the long-term lease on the ground so anything that goes on there has to pay us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 1 2017, 02:00 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Aug 1 2017, 01:16 PM) *
Remember this is the depot chaps, not a station. Buses wont be coming and going every 5 minutes.

We own the long-term lease on the ground so anything that goes on there has to pay us.

just because the club MAY gain financially doesn't actually make peoples concerns wrong, there is a genuine concern regarding the extra traffic, pollution, future parking at the ground and noise, this has to be weighed up against financial rewards the club may gain, for example if the club are to gain 100k or more per year out of this then this positive may outway the negatives, however should the club be getting 10k per year you may feel the losses outway the gains, there is another concern, when the stadium was built it was supposed to be 20k capacity and I believe the foundations were actually put in for this, then at the last minute the plans were changed and we ended up with a 6k stadia. lets dream and say the club start to do really well, any plans for expanding the stadium would be very difficult, just a thought

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Aug 1 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 1 2017, 03:00 PM) *
QUOTE (iandyChesterCity @ Aug 1 2017, 01:16 PM) *

just because the club MAY gain financially doesn't actually make peoples concerns wrong, there is a genuine concern regarding the extra traffic, pollution, future parking at the ground and noise, this has to be weighed up against financial rewards the club may gain, for example if the club are to gain 100k or more per year out of this then this positive may outway the negatives, however should the club be getting 10k per year you may feel the losses outway the gains, there is another concern, when the stadium was built it was supposed to be 20k capacity and I believe the foundations were actually put in for this, then at the last minute the plans were changed and we ended up with a 6k stadia. lets dream and say the club start to do really well, any plans for expanding the stadium would be very difficult, just a thought

Correct ,there are lots of things to consider ,money isnt everything

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Aug 1 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #24

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Statement from CFC OWS -

Statement: Proposed Alternative Uses of Car Park

Following recent speculation surrounding proposed developments at the Swansway Chester Stadium, the club would like to clarify the position.

Chief Executive Mark Maguire explains: “As a club, and indeed in my role in particular, it is a duty to explore ways of maximising the use of the stadium and its surrounds.

“A facility used for a limited number of days each year is not maximising the opportunity that we have and therefore it is natural that we will examine various opportunities as they arise.

“Over the past twelve months we have had a number of approaches and my job in these circumstances is to pursue discussions until such time as a credible proposal is in place that I can put to the board in order for them make a decision – measuring all of the pros and cons.

“In this particular case we are at an early stage, and three things need to happen before I can ask the board to consider the matter:

1) An attractive commercial proposal is received which would include income, car park improvements and satisfaction that lost spaces could be compensated for.
2) Our landlords are satisfied with the proposal.
3) That any planning requirements are satisfied.

“At this early stage only brief discussions have taken place but none of the above criteria have been satisfied and therefore it is not yet a matter which has been debated by the board.

“If and when that time arrives I am sure that there will be full consideration given to any potential impact on match days and the stadium surrounds, but I must stress that it is important that we continue to examine ways of generating new income streams for the club as we seek to grow the platform for the clubs future success.

“Finally, I must express my thanks to our colleagues at Cheshire West and Chester Council who have been nothing other than informative and co-operative in providing us with the necessary information to explore various opportunities as they have arisen.”

This post has been edited by a view from outside: Aug 1 2017, 03:32 PM

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 1 2017, 03:37 PM
Post #25

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

http://www.chesterfc.com/news/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:57 PM