> SENIOR BLUES members meeting, August 4th at 11am., In the Blues Bar
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 29 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

The new season is upon us already, and as with the first Senior Blues members meeting of the season, we welcome the manager, JON McCARTHY who, as a bonus, is bringing his new assistant TOM SHAW, who of course proved very popular as a player for us last season, I'm sure our members will be delighted to hear from both of them, about the squad for the season, and the new players that have come in.
There will be announcements about trips and events for the season, starting with a trip to NESS GARDENS, on the Wirral later in August or early September, to coincide with a guest from the gardens who will be speaking to members at our September meeting.
Plus we are hoping to take a party of members to Chester Cathedral to see an exhibition about THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS in the next month or so. Also a further "Tasting" is planned again at "GINGER" in Northgate Street in Chester, more details on Friday.
A note for Members diaries! On SEPTEMBER 15th we are putting on a RACE NIGHT in the Blues Bar to raise funds for the SENIOR BLUES YOUTH FOUNDATION. We will be appealing for sponsors for the races, and "owners" to "buy" a horse.
This appeal is also open to non-members of the Senior Blues also, should they wish to contribute and take part.
Further details of this night will be announced at Fridays meeting.
Since our start in 2011, I'm glad to say, that the members have contributed over £10,000 to help our football club.
£5,000 of which is for the Senior Blues Foundation which will be a great help to Calum and his coaches in getting the young players, hopefully, to follow in the footsteps of SAM HUGHES.
A minimum of £1,500 is also set aside to help the football club with its planned improvements for the Wheelchair supporters.
As a club, the Senior Blues was firstly formed to help the football club, and also to give our members interesting speakers to listen to, not always with football connections, but from different walks of life. Our day trips continue to be popular and well supported. The Football Museum and the Imperial War Museum in Manchester, Shrewsbury and Southport Flower Shows (twice) have been a few of our trips, along with St Helens Glass and the new stand at Anfield, which were visited last season.
Our membership is almost up to 100, and new members are always welcome, anyone 50+ can join at just £5 a season.
We have added some new Senior Blue Foundation pens to our merchandise, which will be available at £2 each.
Tea and coffee and biscuits is served as always.

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Jul 29 2017, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Castra Devana

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1198

Given that the majority of people post on the other forum these days, would it not be an idea to post it on DC2 as well ?

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Jul 29 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #3

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Jul 29 2017, 02:36 PM) *
Given that the majority of people post on the other forum these days, would it not be an idea to post it on DC2 as well ?

Thanks Che, I will discuss it at our next committtee meeting. Atb.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 31 2017, 12:44 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 29 2017, 03:22 PM) *

perhaps you could ask more of the Senior Blues to consider posting on this forum once again, being as this is the forum where all official announcements are made

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Aug 3 2017, 08:10 AM
Post #5

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

it has been posted on the other forum, no replies

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 3 2017, 08:36 AM
Post #6

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

given that the majority of people still visit this site, don't see the point really, this is a much better site no adverts, and we own this site, hence my efforts in keeping it going, all the problems on this site have now been sorted so in the interest of fair play perhaps you would consider promoting this site on the other side also Che?

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Aug 3 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #7

Youth team

Funny that since signing up to new site been getting lots of junk mail from USA

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 3 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #8

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (blue cestrian @ Aug 3 2017, 09:10 AM) *
it has been posted on the other forum, no replies

There is no official Senior Blues post on the other forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Aug 3 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #9

Youth team

Someone has posted a link to the notice on this forum

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 3 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

would love to go to this meeting tomorrow, especially with the guests they've got, sadly I am working, and too young, wouldn't mind a video link to it though ?

+Quote Post
awaydays
post Aug 3 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #11

Squad player

Member No.: 12771

Video link laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
El presidente
post Aug 3 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #12

Youth team

Member No.: 12778

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Jul 29 2017, 03:22 PM) *

What in heavens needs discussing? A simple copy and paste will suffice.

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 4 2017, 09:09 AM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

you can pick up your season tickets at the same time

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 4 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #14

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

Enjoyable meeting today (my first). Didn't get the impression from JM that he knew of the postponement tomorrow, but maybe he didn't want to start a panic with so many pensioners in the room biggrin.gif

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 4 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #15

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 4 2017, 10:09 AM) *
you can pick up your season tickets at the same time

A packed Blues Bar for our first meeting of the season, a big thank for all attending, and a warm welcome to the new members who attended.
Unfortunately, Tom Shaw was unable to attend due to a previous coaching commitment, but JON McCARTHY, as usual, gave us his usual passionate and honest opinions. He opened by saying he was very happy with his squad, but was hoping to bring in one two more players, especially another goalkeeper, which he regards as a priority.
He was asked about his strikers, and Jon said he was hoping to give them all "minutes" wherever possible, depending on the match position.
Myself, not being an expert on systems and formations, was interested to hear Jon tell us that he was going to play a "Hexagon" shape. Afficiandos of football systems and shapes, will I'm sure, know what he means.
Jon admitted there were a few players who could've become the new club captain, but in the end decided to ballot the players, (secretly) and the majority came out for John McCombe. Jon said he is quite happy about it, and thinks he will make a good captain.
Jon was asked for his opinions on some of the poor referees who we had had last season, he explained how the "Marking" of referees was carried out, which is not quite as straight forward as some of us think.
Members gave Jon a great reception, and wished him good luck for the season
Because, of Tom Shaws absence, we asked SB member, and life long supporter of the club, CHARLEY LAMBERT would he mind stepping up to fill in, and of course, the trooper he is, agreed immediately.
Charley came up with a real cameo appearance, regaling us with stories about a recent golf tournament, put on by the Past Players, in which he played with past players, and telling us that he, Ian Edwards, Graham Birks and Bob Delgado, had won their match.
Now retired, Charley mentioned about how proud he was in seeing pupils he had taught in Sports Journalism, now appearing in newspapers and in the media.
Like a lot of us on here, he still cannot get his head around the large amount of money that washes around the Premiership, and mentioned the ridiculous amount of money for Neymar this week, but still says,he still loves coming to Chester to watch his team. He was given a very warm round of applause from our members.
The RACE NIGHT on September 15th was promoted, with a few Race Sponsors (Min £50 ) still left to be filled. All horse "ownership" for the races are all up for grabs at the moment, at a £5 a horse.
Future trips and events were announced, the first being a trip to Ness Gardens next month, (Date to be confirmed) plus a visit to see the "Dead Sea Scrolls" exhibition at Chester Cathedral in October.
There are plans for another "Tasting" at "Ginger" in Northgate St. ((Date to be confirmed) There was a large number of hands for both Beer Tasting, plus a Gin Tasting Session, so watch this space for what is decided in the end!
Peter Mitchell took the opportunity to thank all our members for their wonderful support since we started nearly six years ago, and reinforced the point, that without them, we could not have raised the £10,000 that we have contributed to the club in that time. The Chester Senior Blues Foundation fund is now over £5,000.
A big thank you to Jean Piercy for stepping in with Peter Salmon to take over the tea duties, and of course, Wendy as usual, for running the Raffle, which is an important part of our fund raising.
With the Senior Blues AGM coming up in October, members were reminded that if they wanted to apply to join the Commitee, we need to receive an application next month.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 4 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #16

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 4 2017, 03:52 PM) *
Enjoyable meeting today (my first). Didn't get the impression from JM that he knew of the postponement tomorrow, but maybe he didn't want to start a panic with so many pensioners in the room biggrin.gif

Glad you enjoyed your first Senior Blues TA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 4 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Thanks for the Summary, sounds like a good meeting. guiness.gif

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 4 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #18

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 4 2017, 04:36 PM) *

Absolutely delighted with the turn out which must've been near 100 or over!

--------------------

+Quote Post
3mm
post Aug 4 2017, 03:41 PM
Post #19

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 4 2017, 04:38 PM) *
QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 4 2017, 04:36 PM) *

Absolutely delighted with the turn out which must've been near 100 or over!

Over I reckon, room was pretty packed!

ps. isn't the Cathedral visit on 20th Sept, not in October.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Aug 4 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #20

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 4 2017, 04:20 PM) *

Indeed I did. As it will be the 60th anniversary in November of my first game watching the Blues, I thought it was time I joined the Seniors!

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Aug 10 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #21

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

QUOTE (The Annexe @ Aug 4 2017, 04:50 PM) *

Indeed I did. As it will be the 60th anniversary in November of my first game watching the Blues, I thought it was time I joined the Seniors!

love to join . great work and fundraising done by the seniors cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 11 2017, 07:24 AM
Post #22

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (manchester blue @ Aug 10 2017, 07:24 PM) *

You are welcome to join, 50+ plus still only a fiver for the season. Thank you for the compliment, we have a hard working committee and great members to thank for that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Aug 11 2017, 07:48 AM
Post #23

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 11 2017, 08:24 AM) *

You are welcome to join, 50+ plus still only a fiver for the season. Thank you for the compliment, we have a hard working committee and great members to thank for that.

And a great Chairman of course biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Aug 11 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #24

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Aug 11 2017, 08:48 AM) *
QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Aug 11 2017, 08:24 AM) *

And a great Chairman of course biggrin.gif

Haha, not according to some on here EB. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:23 PM