Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester FC to launch 'Premier League standard' club website, Site will include free-to-air video channel showing highlights/intervi
EltonblueS
post Jun 29 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #1

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Admin
Member No.: 8970

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/fo...remier-13258420

if you don't have time for the adverts to load this is what it says

Chester FC will tomorrow (Friday) launch their new official website.

The website has been developed through a year-long collaboration with technical experts at the club's principal sponsors MBNA.
And it will include a no subscription video channel called 'Chester FC TV' that will provide free highlights, interviews and behind-the-scenes content.
Blues chief executive Mark Maguire said: "This is a really important moment for us, and it’s a perfect example of how we can maximise the value of the community partnership between ourselves and MBNA.
"The support we receive in terms of their sponsorship is hugely significant, but I would suggest that this type of project elevates the partnership to new levels. It really does demonstrate MBNA's commitment to immerse themselves in the community and actively help the clubs growth.
"We inherited a web solution which needed updating and have been approached by a number of companies proposing alternative solutions at significant costs. For MBNA to provide the level of expertise they have - to allow us to brief their team as a professional client - to then end up with a result which I think visitors to the site will agree is a Premier League standard website, is simply phenomenal.
"We are grateful to the volunteers from MBNA and board members and volunteers at the club, who have donated countless hours to this project.
“We are also delighted to announce the launch of 'Chester FC TV', which will be a free to air/no subscription video channel, where highlights, interviews and behind the scenes content will be constantly updated.
“We don't simply want to set the standard for the National League, but also aim to become a benchmark for many football clubs across the country.”
A team of digital apprentices from MBNA volunteered their time to build the new site from scratch following a brief from the club.
Mark Elliott, director of corporate affairs at MBNA, said: "MBNA has supported Chester FC in various ways since we first set up in Chester in 1993. For half a dozen years now we have been principal sponsor of the first team and have made donations to the club's charitable trust, which does such important work right across the city.
"Digital is a huge part of our business nowadays - and our digital apprentices are a sign of our commitment to investing in future technology. The apprentices themselves came up with this incredible idea to volunteer their expertise to overhaul the Chester FC website."They’ve benefited by enhancing their digital skills - and the club has a top-notch website into the bargain. This unique collaboration between one of the city’s largest firms and the fan-owned club is a real win-win for the City of Chester.”
The new website will retain its URL of www.chesterfc.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chesterjon
post Jun 30 2017, 05:19 AM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 2974

QUOTE (EltonblueS @ Jun 29 2017, 08:47 PM) *
http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/fo...remier-13258420

if you don't have time for the adverts to load this is what it says

Chester FC will tomorrow (Friday) launch their new official website.

The website has been developed through a year-long collaboration with technical experts at the club's principal sponsors MBNA.
And it will include a no subscription video channel called 'Chester FC TV' that will provide free highlights, interviews and behind-the-scenes content.
Blues chief executive Mark Maguire said: "This is a really important moment for us, and it’s a perfect example of how we can maximise the value of the community partnership between ourselves and MBNA.
"The support we receive in terms of their sponsorship is hugely significant, but I would suggest that this type of project elevates the partnership to new levels. It really does demonstrate MBNA's commitment to immerse themselves in the community and actively help the clubs growth.
"We inherited a web solution which needed updating and have been approached by a number of companies proposing alternative solutions at significant costs. For MBNA to provide the level of expertise they have - to allow us to brief their team as a professional client - to then end up with a result which I think visitors to the site will agree is a Premier League standard website, is simply phenomenal.
"We are grateful to the volunteers from MBNA and board members and volunteers at the club, who have donated countless hours to this project.
“We are also delighted to announce the launch of 'Chester FC TV', which will be a free to air/no subscription video channel, where highlights, interviews and behind the scenes content will be constantly updated.
“We don't simply want to set the standard for the National League, but also aim to become a benchmark for many football clubs across the country.”
A team of digital apprentices from MBNA volunteered their time to build the new site from scratch following a brief from the club.
Mark Elliott, director of corporate affairs at MBNA, said: "MBNA has supported Chester FC in various ways since we first set up in Chester in 1993. For half a dozen years now we have been principal sponsor of the first team and have made donations to the club's charitable trust, which does such important work right across the city.
"Digital is a huge part of our business nowadays - and our digital apprentices are a sign of our commitment to investing in future technology. The apprentices themselves came up with this incredible idea to volunteer their expertise to overhaul the Chester FC website."They’ve benefited by enhancing their digital skills - and the club has a top-notch website into the bargain. This unique collaboration between one of the city’s largest firms and the fan-owned club is a real win-win for the City of Chester.”
The new website will retain its URL of www.chesterfc.com

Any idea what time it launches?

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jun 30 2017, 09:42 AM
Post #3

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

its live now

+Quote Post
ulster blue boy
post Jun 30 2017, 10:57 AM
Post #4

The North Terrace Posties are legends.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 50

Excellent version. Well done all.

--------------------
IT ALL STARTED AT THE BRANDYWELL,THANKS GRANDAD.

ONCE A RANGER,ALWAYS A RANGER.(ROYAL IRISH THAT IS).
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CFU.

26/02/2010. NEED I SAY ANYMORE. I WILL. 10/03/2010. R.I.P. CCFC.

6TH MAY 2010,THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.

EVO-STICK NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

EVO-STICK PREMIER CHAMPIONS 2011-2012

BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012-2013

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jun 30 2017, 12:18 PM
Post #5

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Yep, much better than the last one, adapts well from pc to phone too.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
Barney Daniels B...
post Jun 30 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 5404

Looks superb! Congratulations to everybody involved in setting it up

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jun 30 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #7

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

Love it.

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Jun 30 2017, 03:58 PM
Post #8

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

QUOTE (RioTheBallBoy @ Jun 30 2017, 04:40 PM) *
Love it.

don't say that .you will be called a happy clapper.

its great by the way . cityscarf.gif

+Quote Post
ulster blue boy
post Jun 30 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #9

The North Terrace Posties are legends.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Barney Daniels Big Toe @ Jun 30 2017, 01:36 PM) *
Looks superb! Congratulations to everybody involved in setting it up

Positivity. Wow. 🙂

--------------------
IT ALL STARTED AT THE BRANDYWELL,THANKS GRANDAD.

ONCE A RANGER,ALWAYS A RANGER.(ROYAL IRISH THAT IS).
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CFU.

26/02/2010. NEED I SAY ANYMORE. I WILL. 10/03/2010. R.I.P. CCFC.

6TH MAY 2010,THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN.

EVO-STICK NORTH CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

EVO-STICK PREMIER CHAMPIONS 2011-2012

BLUE SQUARE NORTH CHAMPIONS 2012-2013

+Quote Post
RioTheBallBoy
post Jun 30 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #10

1st team sub

Member No.: 12774

cityscarf.gif biggrin.gif I think I already am a happy clapper (whatever that means).

--------------------
Once A Blue, Always A Blue

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Jul 2 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #11

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

Pity about the purple stripes instead of blue in the very first photograph. I hate purple as a colour. Otherwise excellent and great thanks to MBNA and all those voluntary workers who created this.

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Jul 2 2017, 09:36 AM
Post #12

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Jul 2 2017, 01:36 AM) *
Pity about the purple stripes instead of blue in the very first photograph. I hate purple as a colour. Otherwise excellent and great thanks to MBNA and all those voluntary workers who created this.

As I'm colour blind it looks blue to me so I have no problem with that😀

+Quote Post
3mm
post Jul 20 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #13

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 91

Having used the new website for two or three weeks .... what an improvement! bowdown.gif cityscarf.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
EltonblueS
post Jul 25 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #14

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

nearly a month on and I have to say very impressive

+Quote Post
blue cestrian
post Jul 25 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #15

Youth team

Member No.: 2072

Vast improvement to old website, well done to everyone involved

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 10:10 AM