Deva Chat - افتح يا سمسم‎!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why were Chorley, playing Halifax Town?
JamesDee
post May 18 2017, 03:13 AM
Post #1

JamesDee

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 3729

Why were Chorley playing Halifax Town for the second National League North promotion spot when they ended the season in sixth place? There were four teams above them for the playoffs!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
toj
post May 18 2017, 04:53 AM
Post #2

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1445

QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 18 2017, 04:13 AM) *
Why were Chorley playing Halifax Town for the second National League North promotion spot when they ended the season in sixth place? There were four teams above them for the playoffs!

I think it was because Darlington were ineligible for promotion due to ground restrictions

--------------------
RUNNER UP IN THE CHRONICLE FACE IN THE CROWD COMPETITION ON 3 OCCASIONS

FRIEND OF ALMOST BLUE AND CHESTER 68

ENEMY OF THE "POLITICALLY CORRECT" AND OVER ZEALOUS MODERATORS

THOMAS SOCCERFAN 1982 IST MEIN BESTER FREUND....ICH LIEBE DEUTSCHE

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 18 2017, 08:47 AM
Post #3

JamesDee

QUOTE (toj @ May 18 2017, 02:23 PM) *

I think it was because Darlington were ineligible for promotion due to ground restrictions

Thanks Toj

+Quote Post
chesterjon
post May 19 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2974

QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 18 2017, 09:47 AM) *

Thanks Toj

Thats correct.The league ruled they had "Insufficient covered seating areas" to be allowed a crack at promotion.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post May 19 2017, 10:07 AM
Post #5

JamesDee

QUOTE (chesterjon @ May 19 2017, 07:14 PM) *
QUOTE (JamesDee @ May 18 2017, 09:47 AM) *

Thanks Toj

That's correct.The league ruled they had "Insufficient covered seating areas" to be allowed a crack at promotion.

Interesting. Do Forest Green Rangers comply with their low attendances?

+Quote Post
Believe.
post May 20 2017, 07:58 AM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 5458

Hi, thanks for asking, yes you're right, it's the Darlington thing- their board admitted they weren't aware the rules had changed last summer until it was too late to do anything about it. That's pretty shambolic if you ask me. As for us, well as you may have noticed, WE. ARE. BACK. Here's a great video of the final, from the Chorley end, with all the goals from around 3:40. Probably the best day ever, since the club reformed- the atmosphere was electrifying. By the way, Chorley's support was terrific, nearly 2000 - last time we played them they had 150, how does that happen?

See you next season. COME ON YOU BLUES. cityscarf.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsnh0yNv3Hg

--------------------
MANIFEST DESTINY: CHESTER & HALIFAX TOWN BACK IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

+Quote Post
chesterjon
post May 20 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2974

QUOTE (Believe. @ May 20 2017, 08:58 AM) *
Hi, thanks for asking, yes you're right, it's the Darlington thing- their board admitted they weren't aware the rules had changed last summer until it was too late to do anything about it. That's pretty shambolic if you ask me. As for us, well as you may have noticed, WE. ARE. BACK. Here's a great video of the final, from the Chorley end, with all the goals from around 3:40. Probably the best day ever, since the club reformed- the atmosphere was electrifying. By the way, Chorley's support was terrific, nearly 2000 - last time we played them they had 150, how does that happen?

Still dislike the mindless minority of HTFC fans who came in the conference North .Ripped doen my 10 year old grand daughters flag from the West Stand,to be fair HTFC promised to replace it but never did.Non the less welcome back and enjoy the ride

+Quote Post
XWWB
post May 21 2017, 12:11 PM
Post #8

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Believe. @ May 20 2017, 08:58 AM) *

I've heard it suggested that the continuing miserable situation at Blackburn has caused some of their fans to drift over to them. Similar situation with Fleetwood and Fylde getting a few Blackpool fans I think.

Chorley seemed to start getting good crowds the first season after we reformed. I think they got nearly 3,000 in their playoff at the end of that season. I absolutely hated them that season, our first visit there was very nasty, starting with them trying to hike the ticket prices up specially for our visit, and ending with several of our fans being attacked as they left the ground. I'm not going to pretend we were completely blameless, but they did come across as unpleasant club at the time. I believe they now have different owners so maybe I should let it go, but I was glad you beat them to promotion.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post May 21 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

It might not be a bad thing for Darlington. The extra year in the Conference North will give them more time to adjust to getting up to the top Non League flight when they eventually accomplish that. Haven't they already had 4 promotions in 5 years?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 07:45 AM