Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MacArthur out!!!!
weluvcity
post Apr 17 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #1

1st team sub

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 380

Just go please!!!! Clueless and I,m finished with watching dross week in week out
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Citizen Erased
post Apr 17 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #2

A useless article

Member No.: 1901

QUOTE (weluvcity @ Apr 17 2017, 03:56 PM) *
Just go please!!!! Clueless and I,m finished with watching dross week in week out

I personally think he's a decent squad player and a palace would do well to keep hold of him.

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post Apr 17 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #3

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

QUOTE (Citizen Erased @ Apr 17 2017, 05:31 PM) *

I personally think he's a decent squad player and a palace would do well to keep hold of him.

An American General for me!!

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
dr jekyll
post Apr 17 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 5322

QUOTE (dr jekyll @ Apr 17 2017, 06:18 PM) *
QUOTE (Citizen Erased @ Apr 17 2017, 05:31 PM) *

An American General for me!!with a pipe

--------------------
George Whitebread I like What i Say !! and ill say what i bloody well like!!

Rule Britannia ! My country Long Before England Wales and Scotland were invented !!!!

"DEVA" The Capital of Britannia ! Capital of the universe!!

"Chester Fan Born and bred Strong in Mind Good in Bed"

Dr Jekyll is and always has been Mike Hunt!

Why I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Posters on here!!

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Apr 20 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

He will return!

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Apr 22 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #6

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

Enough is enough!! Taxi for McCarthy!!

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Apr 22 2017, 04:42 PM
Post #7

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 42

QUOTE (Gizmo's Dad @ Apr 22 2017, 04:34 PM) *

Neither he nor Maguire will go, sad to say.

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Apr 22 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #8

1st team legend

QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Apr 22 2017, 04:42 PM) *

Hate to think what the season ticket sales will be next season that's if we stay up!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Believe.
post Apr 23 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #9

Squad player

Member No.: 5458

Where's your match threads guys? Seen your recent results and checked in to find out WTF is going on, and no match threads.

This post has been edited by Believe.: Apr 23 2017, 08:24 PM

--------------------
MANIFEST DESTINY: CHESTER & HALIFAX TOWN BACK IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

+Quote Post
The Annexe
post Apr 23 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #10

1st team regular

Member No.: 1471

QUOTE (Believe. @ Apr 23 2017, 09:23 PM) *
Where's your match threads guys? Seen your recent results and checked in to find out WTF is going on, and no match threads.

The Samaritans site is elsewhere.

--------------------
The difference between what I write and what I think I write is in the eye of the beholder.

+Quote Post
JamesDee
post Apr 24 2017, 06:23 AM
Post #11

JamesDee

Member No.: 3729

QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Apr 23 2017, 02:12 AM) *

How and why can you write that? Is it because of what you have been told about the former's contract (and can you actually believe that?) or through other sources of information? It is difficult for me to believe McCarthy has been given such a watertight "unbreakable" contract for two more years without a get-out clause for CFU if things go very wrong as they have. If however you are correct then who were the Chairman and Board members at the time and that allowed such a contract to occur and who were the CFU's lawyers who prepared the contract papers. We ought to know this.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Apr 24 2017, 09:56 AM
Post #12

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (JamesDee @ Apr 24 2017, 06:23 AM) *

How and why can you write that? Is it because of what you have been told about the former's contract (and can you actually believe that?) or through other sources of information? It is difficult for me to believe McCarthy has been given such a watertight "unbreakable" contract for two more years without a get-out clause for CFU if things go very wrong as they have. If however you are correct then who were the Chairman and Board members at the time and that allowed such a contract to occur and who were the CFU's lawyers who prepared the contract papers. We ought to know this.

The club has contracted over the 4 years we've been in the Conference/National League and it's been an annual struggle with little respite. If we are going to be a club that find a natural level at Step 6, then so be it, but the board and manager need to cut the crap. We fans are not idiots. Watching Chester FC since end of November has been purgatory.

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Apr 24 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #13

1st team legend

It's turning in to a circus one more after so much promise earlier in the season, how can a team that was competing albeit punching above its weight but still giving the bigger so called sides a run for there money and, all of a sudden capitulation!!! It's ok defending your players for so long but the time has to come for someone to take responsibility for a second half of the season shambles that people have paid hard earned money to watch!! crying.gif

This post has been edited by Gizmo's Dad: Apr 24 2017, 10:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Apr 24 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #14

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Apr 22 2017, 05:42 PM) *

Can you not ban them both DB laugh.gif

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
bluesince72
post Apr 24 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 7763

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Apr 24 2017, 10:56 AM) *

The club has contracted over the 4 years we've been in the Conference/National League and it's been an annual struggle with little respite. If we are going to be a club that find a natural level at Step 6, then so be it, but the board and manager need to cut the crap. We fans are not idiots. Watching Chester FC since end of November has been purgatory.

Agree, the club is slowly dying. I have posted this on the other DC too:

When CFC reformed as a fan owned club, it came across as both a novel and inclusive idea, it was lead by a board full of energy and ambition to get the club back to its former level as fast as possible.

The city has traditionally supported a 4th division, now L2 club, with better periods playing in D3/L1 and poorer times at level 5/NL/Conf, so anything below that level is not sustainable. All went well until we got back to level 5. Since them, or more precisely since the 1st chairman was replaced, a culture of caution, of hold onto what we have, and take no risks has taken over.

There have been positive developments such as building a very good youth set up, and the clubs finances are well in the black, BUT every season we are marketing season tickets with wholly unattractive sales talk, a metaphor could be; if the club were a car the sales blurb would state..Its small, slow, costs about the same as other cars, and in a drag race we think it would avoid finishing last.. In short we would be bust!

What we need is positivity, ambition, action taken to take the club full time club, and NOW before ever smaller crowds and the oblivion of regional football make any possibility of full time ambitions a lost dream. We need to be stretching every sinew to compete at the top end of the league with a target of a play off spot at the minimum. I hate to say it but that is what the goats do, yes they may be deluded in their big club boasts, but its makes the club look ambitious, its sells HOPE and ambition to the supporters, AND it seems to work, at least as a sales pitch for season ticket sales in enthusing the fan base.

I will no doubt need a tin hat for posting this, I can see the ‘we can’t afford a full time club, it gambles with the clubs future’ etc Rubbish!!!! What gambles with the clubs future is unattractive, uninspiring, unambitious, over cautious, we are confident of 52 points and avoiding relegation sales pitch every season, which will almost certainly end in tears, not this season, maybe not next, but eventually we WILL get relegated and there is not a chance in hell that most of the fan base will watch football at that level, and in a city that is mad for football..In Liverpool and Manchester already, new fans will be as rare as hens’ teeth.

Season ticket sales will drop and gates will fall and fall and fall and no amount of even mid table finishes and small profits will change that, until we enthuse the football fans of this area with AMBITION, not words, but ACTION. We can’t compete as a part time club FULL STOP, go full time or give up! Macclesfield get lower gates and are full time, AND they compete every year in or around the play off shake up.

For the pessimists we can

A. 99% certain – Stay part time and over cautious, lose support, eventually get relegated, and die a slow and prolonged death

B. Show ambition, enthuse supporters with Hope, Go FULL TIME, aim high, and yes possibly fail..But how would you rather die, in a blazing supercar, or on a trolley in hospital grey with tubes in every orifice?

This post has been edited by bluesince72: Apr 24 2017, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
manchester blue
post Apr 24 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #16

Squad player

Member No.: 9815

QUOTE (bluesince72 @ Apr 24 2017, 05:46 PM) *

When CFC reformed as a fan owned club, it came across as both a novel and inclusive idea, it was lead by a board full of energy and ambition to get the club back to its former level as fast as possible.

The city has traditionally supported a 4th division, now L2 club, with better periods playing in D3/L1 and poorer times at level 5/NL/Conf, so anything below that level is not sustainable. All went well until we got back to level 5. Since them, or more precisely since the 1st chairman was replaced, a culture of caution, of hold onto what we have, and take no risks has taken over.

There have been positive developments such as building a very good youth set up, and the clubs finances are well in the black, BUT every season we are marketing season tickets with wholly unattractive sales talk, a metaphor could be; if the club were a car the sales blurb would state..Its small, slow, costs about the same as other cars, and in a drag race we think it would avoid finishing last.. In short we would be bust!

What we need is positivity, ambition, action taken to take the club full time club, and NOW before ever smaller crowds and the oblivion of regional football make any possibility of full time ambitions a lost dream. We need to be stretching every sinew to compete at the top end of the league with a target of a play off spot at the minimum. I hate to say it but that is what the goats do, yes they may be deluded in their big club boasts, but its makes the club look ambitious, its sells HOPE and ambition to the supporters, AND it seems to work, at least as a sales pitch for season ticket sales in enthusing the fan base.

I will no doubt need a tin hat for posting this, I can see the ‘we can’t afford a full time club, it gambles with the clubs future’ etc Rubbish!!!! What gambles with the clubs future is unattractive, uninspiring, unambitious, over cautious, we are confident of 52 points and avoiding relegation sales pitch every season, which will almost certainly end in tears, not this season, maybe not next, but eventually we WILL get relegated and there is not a chance in hell that most of the fan base will watch football at that level, and in a city that is mad for football..In Liverpool and Manchester already, new fans will be as rare as hens’ teeth.

Season ticket sales will drop and gates will fall and fall and fall and no amount of even mid table finishes and small profits will change that, until we enthuse the football fans of this area with AMBITION, not words, but ACTION. We can’t compete as a part time club FULL STOP, go full time or give up! Macclesfield get lower gates and are full time, AND they compete every year in or around the play off shake up.

A. 99% certain – Stay part time and over cautious, lose support, eventually get relegated, and die a slow and prolonged death

B. Show ambition, enthuse supporters with Hope, Go FULL TIME, aim high, and yes possibly fail..But how would you rather die, in a blazing supercar, or on a trolley in hospital grey with tubes in every orifice?

bluesince72 for chairman . good sensible post . guiness.gif

+Quote Post
bluesince72
post Apr 24 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 7763

QUOTE (manchester blue @ Apr 24 2017, 09:24 PM) *
QUOTE (bluesince72 @ Apr 24 2017, 05:46 PM) *

bluesince72 for chairman . good sensible post . guiness.gif

Ha ha ha I could not run a p*** up in a brewery, I just want the club to regain momentum, and see no other way forward.

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Apr 25 2017, 12:35 AM
Post #18

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 42

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Apr 24 2017, 12:25 PM) *
QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Apr 22 2017, 05:42 PM) *

Can you not ban them both DB laugh.gif

I wish!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>

+Quote Post
Finland Blue
post Apr 25 2017, 05:10 AM
Post #19

Predict-a-Score Champion 2004/2005

Member No.: 341

QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Apr 22 2017, 06:42 PM) *

Oh, the irony. glare.gif

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Apr 29 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #20

1st team legend

QUOTE (Finland Blue @ Apr 25 2017, 06:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Apr 22 2017, 06:42 PM) *

Oh, the irony. glare.gif

2 points a few goals away from relegation "oh how lucky"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 11:00 PM