Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kane Richards, Eastleigh game
Jimmy Cooper
post Mar 19 2017, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 5306

Neil Turner in the Non-League Paper gave Kane 3 out of 10 for yesterday's dire performace. I'd have given him -3.
All the players bar Hunt and Dawson were poor, but I really question McCarthy's point in playing Richards.
And the two and a half year contract for McCarthy now looks questionable.
Not a home win in 2017 and not likely to get one on yesterday's showing. Contract was unnecessary and was a big mistake.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Mar 19 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (Jimmy Cooper @ Mar 19 2017, 02:33 PM) *
Neil Turner in the Non-League Paper gave Kane 3 out of 10 for yesterday's dire performace. I'd have given him -3.
All the players bar Hunt and Dawson were poor, but I really question McCarthy's point in playing Richards.
Not a home win in 2017 and not likely to get one on yesterday's showing. Contract was unnecessary and was a big mistake.

When I think how we used to crucify Hobson, but Hobbo was three times the player Richards is.

+Quote Post
Almost Blue
post Mar 19 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #3

1st team captain

Member No.: 2954

QUOTE (Jimmy Cooper @ Mar 19 2017, 02:33 PM) *

Only getting in because we have no one else sadly. Surely a half decent striker could be found on loan?

--------------------
English Corner, Harry Mac Terrace - since 1992.

+Quote Post
toj
post Mar 19 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1445

There's a young lad by the name of Rainford banging them in for fun for Colwyn Bay, got to be worth a punt 😉

--------------------
RUNNER UP IN THE CHRONICLE FACE IN THE CROWD COMPETITION ON 3 OCCASIONS

FRIEND OF ALMOST BLUE AND CHESTER 68

ENEMY OF THE "POLITICALLY CORRECT" AND OVER ZEALOUS MODERATORS

THOMAS SOCCERFAN 1982 IST MEIN BESTER FREUND....ICH LIEBE DEUTSCHE

+Quote Post
Fathead The Glad...
post Mar 19 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #5

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1749

John McCarthy is the best fit as a manager at Chester FC - a community club. He buys into the ethos unlike his predecessors who were only seemingly able to operate on a revolving door policy. McCarthy accepts the community model and long may he be employed, he helps build the club from the bottom to the top.

--------------------
North Wales Chester FC Supporters Group

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Mar 20 2017, 09:01 AM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Fathead The Gladiator @ Mar 19 2017, 07:01 PM) *
John McCarthy is the best fit as a manager at Chester FC - a community club. He buys into the ethos unlike his predecessors who were only seemingly able to operate on a revolving door policy. McCarthy accepts the community model and long may he be employed, he helps build the club from the bottom to the top.

Is that why almost 100% of posters want him out on New DC, because he's clueless.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Mar 20 2017, 09:14 AM
Post #7

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Mar 20 2017, 09:01 AM) *

Is that why almost 100% of posters want him out on New DC, because he's clueless.

I think there has been an unsurprising over reaction over there Shunter

I'm with Fathead. Jon is the right man for our club and our model.

+Quote Post
3mm
post Mar 20 2017, 10:46 AM
Post #8

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Richard @ Mar 20 2017, 09:14 AM) *

I agree. He's brought in some good players this season, and by and large, the players are developing well under his leadership. We also had a run of 1 defeat in 17 games. If the players could maintain that for the whole season they wouldn't be here, they'd be playing at a higher level, and some of them will be next season. Pity we'll probably lose Hughes and Alabi, but that's the reality of where we are as a club.

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Mar 20 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (3mm @ Mar 20 2017, 10:46 AM) *
QUOTE (Richard @ Mar 20 2017, 09:14 AM) *

I agree. He's brought in some good players this season, and by and large, the players are developing well under his leadership. We also had a run of 1 defeat in 17 games. If the players could maintain that for the whole season they wouldn't be here, they'd be playing at a higher level, and some of them will be next season. Pity we'll probably lose Hughes and Alabi, but that's the reality of where we are as a club.

Let's get safe this season. The current run is just not acceptable and will drive the support down for next season. I would hope that the deadwood is discarded and not re-signed as seems possible. Also not signing a striker even on loan which leaves us with one competent striker is suicidal.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 05:40 PM