Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coventry Pitch Invasion
Juan King
post Dec 15 2016, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Reserve skipper

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1240

Fans invade the pitch at Coventry to protest about how the club is being run. 1-1 at the time, and Coventry lose the game 2-1 when It eventually restarts. Fans protest blamed by some for them losing the game, but just like us with Vaughan these people need to see the bigger picture.

Tonight wasn't about the result, but more about using the game being live on Sky to get the message across that the fans have had enough.

Well done the fans of CCFC bowdown.gif

--------------------
If you see a bloke opening a Car door for a woman,
It's either a new car or a new woman.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
toto
post Dec 15 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #2

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 314

Agreed. Club under threat and for those most affected, it's their only way to make their despair felt.

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Dec 16 2016, 06:42 AM
Post #3

1st team legend
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 174

They've really been through it in recent years haven't they.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Dec 16 2016, 08:53 AM
Post #4

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

I'm afraid I'm not up to speed on this. I thought they'd settled their dispute with the owners of the Ricoh Stadium and it was all systems go. Could someone outline what the problem is now?

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 16 2016, 09:02 AM
Post #5

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Dec 16 2016, 08:53 AM) *
I'm afraid I'm not up to speed on this. I thought they'd settled their dispute with the owners of the Ricoh Stadium and it was all systems go. Could someone outline what the problem is now?

Similar to the Charlton Athletic story.

Owners Sisu being accused of running a 'managed decline' of the football club.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Dec 16 2016, 09:23 AM
Post #6

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Dec 16 2016, 09:02 AM) *

Are their results so poor because there's no investment in players?

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Dec 16 2016, 09:28 AM
Post #7

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Dec 16 2016, 09:23 AM) *
QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Dec 16 2016, 09:02 AM) *

Are their results so poor because there's no investment in players?

Has similar tones as to what Morrison Shand did to us!

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 16 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #8

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Juan King @ Dec 15 2016, 11:04 PM) *
Fans invade the pitch at Coventry to protest about how the club is being run. 1-1 at the time, and Coventry lose the game 2-1 when It eventually restarts. Fans protest blamed by some for them losing the game, but just like us with Vaughan these people need to see the bigger picture.

Tonight wasn't about the result, but more about using the game being live on Sky to get the message across that the fans have had enough.

It's actually works a lot better if it's done while your team is winning or drawing. The Eastbourne protests at our ground happened while we were ahead, which drives the point home that it's not just an act of petulance and that it's about more than results.

We shouldn't forget that it is breaking the law, and the clubs and authorities need to treat it as such, but they also need to look at themselves and ask why fans are driven to a point where they feel this is the only option.

+Quote Post
superkev
post Dec 16 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #9

1st team sub

Member No.: 11802

QUOTE (Juan King @ Dec 16 2016, 12:04 AM) *

Its getting to a sorry state when this is a regular thing nowadays.
Just wonder if all the supporter's who invaded the pitch will get banning orders like OUR FANS did.
Maybe one rule for one hey!!!!!!

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Dec 16 2016, 10:44 AM
Post #10

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (toto @ Dec 15 2016, 11:36 PM) *
Agreed. Club under threat and for those most affected, it's their only way to make their despair felt.

The thing about football at all levels is; it stinks. Mismanagement on a massive scale throughout football. Very few clubs are running 'in the black'. Bolton, Leeds, ect Millions in debt yet still in business.
Would it happen in any other business? no of course not, if it is losing money it gets shut down. This is why Football attracts people like Vaughan for instance; you can get massive loans using the clubs good name to do it. When it goes tits up you 'loaned' the money to the club thus the debt gets quashed via the club going into administation or liquidation. The 'owner' just walks away with clean hands.
About time the FA GREW A PAIR and sorted it out.

This post has been edited by waggoner: Dec 16 2016, 10:45 AM

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 16 2016, 11:19 AM
Post #11

I'm not Irish!

So how many clubs are currently in crisis or turmoil at present?

I count

Bury
Coventry
Chesterfield
Bolton (headed for admin again if Dean Holdsworth doesn't sell up)
Morecambe
Newport
Leeds (Cellino banned for another 18 months)
Hull City?
Blackburn Rovers
Charlton Athletic
Oldham Athletic
Blackpool
Leyton Orient
Newport County
Crewe Alex
York City
North Ferriby United

Anymore?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 16 2016, 11:32 AM
Post #12

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

Are Northampton alright now? Kept hearing stuff about them last season.

Notts County's definitely another. In court on Monday.

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 16 2016, 11:54 AM
Post #13

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (XWWB @ Dec 16 2016, 11:32 AM) *
Are Northampton alright now? Kept hearing stuff about them last season.

Notts County's definitely another. In court on Monday.

Ah yes Northampton another one and Notts County can be added to the list.

So that's 19 clubs in total.

That's an absolute farce

--------------------

+Quote Post
waggoner
post Dec 16 2016, 11:58 AM
Post #14

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3538

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Dec 16 2016, 11:19 AM) *

I count

Bury
Coventry
Chesterfield
Morecambe
Newport
Hull City?
Blackburn Rovers
Charlton Athletic
Oldham Athletic
Blackpool
Leyton Orient
Newport County
Crewe Alex
York City
North Ferriby United

Anymore?

Brentford....Debt £19m
Bristol city Debt £25m
Cardiff Debt £81m
Huddersfield Debt £35m
The list just goes on and on.
Another thing that may in future rip many clubs apart is the sex abuse scandal sweeping football. There i would imagine be hundreds of court cases being drawn up as we speak which
is likely to rip clubs apart....and there are upwards of 60 clubs involved, with i would imagine more to follow

This post has been edited by waggoner: Dec 16 2016, 11:59 AM

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Dec 16 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #15

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

I count

Bury
Coventry
Chesterfield
Morecambe
Newport
Hull City?
Blackburn Rovers
Charlton Athletic
Oldham Athletic
Blackpool
Leyton Orient
Newport County
Crewe Alex
York City
North Ferriby United

Anymore?

Earlier in the year Gaming International made an unsuccessful bid to buy Torquay United. The bid collapsed primarily because the council wouldn't play ball (GI wanted to buy the ground from the council, sell it off for housing and relocate the club to a new out of town stadium}. At the time GI made a conditional loan of around £130,000 which helped keep the club afloat - ever since their benefactor left the club has had financial problems. The major condition was that if the loan was not paid back by Jan 2017 ownership of the club would revert to Gaming International. This afternoon TUFC announced the club had been sold to Riviera Stadium Limited - who are in turn owned by Gaming International. RSL has just the one director listed - Clarke Anthony Osborne, who has currently 15 active directorships, resigned from another 28 and has held 42 directorships with 42 dissolved companies. One of those active directorships is with Gaming International, however Osbourne would appear to control GI through a holding company (of which he one of two listed directors) - TokLon Limited. GI owns , amongst a few other properties, a greyhound stadium in Swindon for which it has recently been granted planning permission for a £5million rebuild. Tangled web and all that...

+Quote Post
chesterjon
post Dec 17 2016, 09:54 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2974

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Dec 16 2016, 09:26 PM) *

I count

Bury
Coventry
Chesterfield
Morecambe
Newport
Hull City?
Blackburn Rovers
Charlton Athletic
Oldham Athletic
Blackpool
Leyton Orient
Newport County
Crewe Alex
York City
North Ferriby United

Anymore?

Earlier in the year Gaming International made an unsuccessful bid to buy Torquay United. The bid collapsed primarily because the council wouldn't play ball (GI wanted to buy the ground from the council, sell it off for housing and relocate the club to a new out of town stadium}. At the time GI made a conditional loan of around £130,000 which helped keep the club afloat - ever since their benefactor left the club has had financial problems. The major condition was that if the loan was not paid back by Jan 2017 ownership of the club would revert to Gaming International. This afternoon TUFC announced the club had been sold to Riviera Stadium Limited - who are in turn owned by Gaming International. RSL has just the one director listed - Clarke Anthony Osborne, who has currently 15 active directorships, resigned from another 28 and has held 42 directorships with 42 dissolved companies. One of those active directorships is with Gaming International, however Osbourne would appear to control GI through a holding company (of which he one of two listed directors) - TokLon Limited. GI owns , amongst a few other properties, a greyhound stadium in Swindon for which it has recently been granted planning permission for a £5million rebuild. Tangled web and all that...

Goats?

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Dec 17 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #17

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (superkev @ Dec 16 2016, 10:39 AM) *
QUOTE (Juan King @ Dec 16 2016, 12:04 AM) *

Its getting to a sorry state when this is a regular thing nowadays.
Just wonder if all the supporter's who invaded the pitch will get banning orders like OUR FANS did.
Maybe one rule for one hey!!!!!!

Midlands police working with the club to identify all those who went onto the pitch, so they can take
Action mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
citizen blue
post Dec 18 2016, 10:23 AM
Post #18

1st team regular

Member No.: 2343

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38245834

--------------------
Come the glorious day Cestrian

“We’re not little old Chester in the Evo-Stik Division One North anymore". (Neil Young 6/6/13)

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Dec 18 2016, 10:50 AM
Post #19

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (citizen blue @ Dec 18 2016, 10:23 AM) *

Thanks for that, but it doesn't really explain why SISU are trying to kill the club. What's their objective in trying to do that? Isn't the Ricoh Arena owned by a third party so there's no gain for them there. It's really sad.

+Quote Post
C Block Ultra
post Dec 18 2016, 10:10 PM
Post #20

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Dec 18 2016, 10:50 AM) *

Thanks for that, but it doesn't really explain why SISU are trying to kill the club. What's their objective in trying to do that? Isn't the Ricoh Arena owned by a third party so there's no gain for them there. It's really sad.

I have friends from Coventry who are avid Coventry City supporters, so I've always been in touch with the situation at CCFCand will do my best to explain the situation in the shortest way possible...

Basically the owners of CCFC, SISU are a hedge fund company who have shown more interest in the ownership of the Ricoh Arena than they have in the running of the actual football club. In the past few years
SISU have taken Coventry City Council to court on several occasions in regards to The ownership of the Ricoh Arena - cases which they have lost on every occasion, and have appealed against but failed. The
arena has now been sold to Wasps Rugby Union club who are the current owners, and Sisu, surprise surprise, are now in the process of suing Wasps Rugby Union club in regards their deal which made them
100% owners of the Ricoh Arena.

Coventry City FC are tenants at the stadium and their lease runs until 2018, Wasps have refused point blank to negotiate a new deal for CCFC to stay at the Ricoh as they aren't prepared to sit down at the
table, with court action against them looming from the company who want to negotiate a new deal.

Away from the legal rows with regards the Ricoh arena, SISU have ran the club very poorly asset stripping it of its best players, selling them and ploughing no money back into redeveloping the
squad, a situation in which their current league position speaks for itself.

As a result of all of this - Sky Blues fans have had enough and a petition with over 20,000 signatures on have called for Sisu to sell the club - however the owners have insisted they will not sell, as
Sisu Is a hedge fund company with responsibilities to its investors meaning with things as they stand they simply wouldn't just sell up and walk away. Basically Sisu want substantial damages from
the sale of the Ricoh Arena - they've failed on several occasions to get them out of the council and are now looking to get them out of Wasps, and in the meantime the football club itself continues to
suffer from their ownership.

A really sad state of affairs which looks like it will only get worse with Sisu at the helm. Relegation is a strong possibility this season, and the club being homeless, at the end of next season is another.

This post has been edited by C Block Ultra: Dec 18 2016, 10:18 PM

--------------------
C BLOCK.... IT'S LOUDER THAN WAR !!!!!

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Dec 18 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #21

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (C Block Ultra @ Dec 18 2016, 10:10 PM) *

I have friends from Coventry who are avid Coventry City supporters, so I've always been in touch with the situation at CCFCand will do my best to explain the situation in the shortest way possible...

Basically the owners of CCFC, SISU are a hedge fund company who have shown more interest in the ownership of the Ricoh Arena than they have in the running of the actual football club. In the past few years
SISU have taken Coventry City Council to court on several occasions in regards to The ownership of the Ricoh Arena - cases which they have lost on every occasion, and have appealed against but failed. The
arena has now been sold to Wasps Rugby Union club who are the current owners, and Sisu, surprise surprise, are now in the process of suing Wasps Rugby Union club in regards their deal which made them

Coventry City FC are tenants at the stadium and their lease runs until 2018, Wasps have refused point blank to negotiate a new deal for CCFC to stay at the Ricoh as they aren't prepared to sit down at the
table, with court action against them looming from the company who want to negotiate a new deal.

Away from the legal rows with regards the Ricoh arena, SISU have ran the club very poorly asset stripping it of its best players, selling them and ploughing no money back into redeveloping the

As a result of all of this - Sky Blues fans have had enough and a petition with over 20,000 signatures on have called for Sisu to sell the club - however the owners have insisted they will not sell, as
Sisu Is a hedge fund company with responsibilities to its investors meaning with things as they stand they simply wouldn't just sell up and walk away. Basically Sisu want substantial damages from
the sale of the Ricoh Arena - they've failed on several occasions to get them out of the council and are now looking to get them out of Wasps, and in the meantime the football club itself continues to

A really sad state of affairs which looks like it will only get worse with Sisu at the helm. Relegation is a strong possibility this season, and the club being homeless, at the end of next season is another.

Thank you for a very transparent explanation. I didn't know all of that. Out of interest how did Wasps fund the purchase of the Ricoh Arena?

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post Dec 19 2016, 12:03 AM
Post #22

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (shunter blue @ Dec 18 2016, 06:09 PM) *
QUOTE (C Block Ultra @ Dec 18 2016, 10:10 PM) *

Thank you for a very transparent explanation. I didn't know all of that. Out of interest how did Wasps fund the purchase of the Ricoh Arena?

They had a nest egg!

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Dec 19 2016, 09:33 AM
Post #23

Reserve skipper

The biggest disgrace for me is they way clubs like Coventry, Blackpool, etc have been so poorly ran by their owners, and the authorities doing
absolutely nothing to stop these situations getting worse or happening again.

Football has learnt nothing from the demise of Chester City FC - maybe we weren't big enough or important enough for the message to hit home, but the
game needs to kick these people out of football for good.

This post has been edited by Juan King: Dec 19 2016, 09:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Dec 19 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #24

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Juan King @ Dec 19 2016, 09:33 AM) *
The biggest disgrace for me is they way clubs like Coventry, Blackpool, etc have been so poorly ran by their owners, and the authorities doing

Football has learnt nothing from the demise of Chester City FC - maybe we weren't big enough or important enough for the message to hit home, but the

Why would the authorities care?

The FA have shown over a number of years (and a number of Chairmen) how out of touch with the game they are at all levels. Just another corrupt and inept organisation who are more interested in lining their own pockets then actually tackling the real problems within the game.

The 'Fit and Proper' test is a farce for one. Every fan knows it, the FA know it too but they have no desire, or rather it is not within their interests to change it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Dec 19 2016, 10:34 AM
Post #25

Reserve skipper

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Dec 19 2016, 09:48 AM) *
QUOTE (Juan King @ Dec 19 2016, 09:33 AM) *

Why would the authorities care?

The FA have shown over a number of years (and a number of Chairmen) how out of touch with the game they are at all levels. Just another corrupt and inept organisation who are more interested in lining their own pockets then actually tackling the real problems within the game.

The 'Fit and Proper' test is a farce for one. Every fan knows it, the FA know it too but they have no desire, or rather it is not within their interests to change it.

Bang on mate bowdown.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 07:18 AM