Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ryan Higgins, Southport
Burrfect
post Sep 16 2016, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Squad player

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 11919

Ryan Higgins one of three new signings at Southport, interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iandyChesterCity
post Sep 16 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #2

A balanced view.
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 1562

standard.

--------------------
Defender of the people...

+Quote Post
Deva Blue
post Sep 16 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Squad player

Member No.: 11858

I thought Southport wanted to stop trying to leak goals!?

Bit of a kick-up the a**e for Higgins, I thought he was after a pay rise.

--------------------
Heard about the bad times, witnessed the good ones.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Sep 16 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #4

3 in a row

Member No.: 133

Who are the other two? James Vaughan and Steven Vaughan because that's the standard of Higgins?! Burr already creating damage and he's only been there less than a week!

I see he's signed a Stoke Under 21, standard and predictable from him!

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
Richard
post Sep 16 2016, 02:14 PM
Post #5

1st team regular

Member No.: 3477

QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Sep 16 2016, 02:51 PM) *
Who are the other two? James Vaughan and Steven Vaughan because that's the standard of Higgins?! Burr already creating damage and he's only been there less than a week!

And while we are talking about predictable, take a bow AG, just as I suspect I am in posting this biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Richard: Sep 16 2016, 02:17 PM

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Sep 16 2016, 02:19 PM
Post #6

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

True, because Ben Heneghan was awful. guiness.gif

Yes some don't turn out good enough yet, but some academies release players that go on to become very good players. Look at Vassell, we look much better at right back.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Sep 16 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

QUOTE (SqzL @ Sep 16 2016, 03:19 PM) *

Yes some don't turn out good enough yet, but some academies release players that go on to become very good players. Look at Vassell, we look much better at right back.

Vassell is on loan from Walsall, whom he only signed for this summer (joined us on loan three days after they signed him from Oldham).

As for Higgins, you could see it coming - he has only now found a club after holding us to ransom at the end of last season and it's taken Steve Burr to help him. At least there's only three relegation places for us to avoid now...

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Sep 16 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #8

3 in a row

QUOTE (Mancot Blue @ Sep 16 2016, 05:48 PM) *

Vassell is on loan from Walsall, whom he only signed for this summer (joined us on loan three days after they signed him from Oldham).

As for Higgins, you could see it coming - he has only now found a club after holding us to ransom at the end of last season and it's taken Steve Burr to help him. At least there's only three relegation places for us to avoid now...

Careful now you'll have the Nice Guy Steve Love In Brigade after you with comments like that.

Looks like Burr has signed two young lads and a former Swedish tennis player to play in net today along with the worst back since the Vaughans. Guiseley and Southport might as well have "R" against their names now.

--------------------
One love, we don't need another love. One love, one heart and one soul. We can have it all, easy, peasy, ooh ho ho!

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Sep 16 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #9

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

He's done well to get another club in this league, thought he was destined to drop down a level. Nowhere near good enough for us last season.

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
AGL
post Sep 16 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #10

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2356

QUOTE (ANDERS @ Sep 16 2016, 06:18 PM) *
He's done well to get another club in this league, thought he was destined to drop down a level. Nowhere near good enough for us last season.

Will Burr come in for Hunt and reunite the dream team?

+Quote Post
NWAS
post Sep 16 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #11

Romantic alecan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Arrogant Blue @ Sep 16 2016, 06:04 PM) *

Careful now you'll have the Nice Guy Steve Love In Brigade after you with comments like that.

Looks like Burr has signed two young lads and a former Swedish tennis player to play in net today along with the worst back since the Vaughans. Guiseley and Southport might as well have "R" against their names now.

Wonder what the release cause is?

--------------------
Don't let the rain get you down, it's a waste of time.
Have your fun, live everyday in the bright sunshine.

+Quote Post
Burrfect
post Sep 16 2016, 08:21 PM
Post #12

Squad player

Member No.: 11919

Not going to have a go at Higgins or Burr as I think it might come back to bite us on the a**e later in the season . Things tend to happen like that in football

+Quote Post
Big Si
post Sep 16 2016, 08:25 PM
Post #13

Si Dutton
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

Capable of being a really effective player, but one good game in 6 doesn't cut it at this level. Southport nailed on for relegation on the basis on Burrs early business.

--------------------
Cmon City, these are SH*TE

+Quote Post
Charfield Blue
post Sep 16 2016, 09:11 PM
Post #14

1st team legend
Group Icon

Member No.: 174

QUOTE (ANDERS @ Sep 16 2016, 06:18 PM) *

biggrin.gif

I can't disagree to be honest.

--------------------
The Craig Revel-Horwood of non-league football forums - cheers Viv

One Nugget short of a Happy Meal

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Sep 17 2016, 10:10 AM
Post #15

3 in a row

QUOTE (Burrfect @ Sep 16 2016, 09:21 PM) *
Not going to have a go at Higgins or Burr as I think it might come back to bite us on the a**e later in the season . Things tend to happen like that in football

No chance of that at all. Can't wait to see Mahon, Durrell, Richards and Alabi rip Higgins to bits in November! Time and time again last season he was ripped to bits by average Conference players. I hope he gave Heneghan his wages last season as Heneghan had to do Higgins job at right back for all of last season.

As for Burr he's signed three other players yesterday who appear to have played a total of two competitive first team matches between them. Just what you need in a relegation scrap! A competent manager would have looked at signing an experienced player who can roll his sleeves up and scrap for the cause.

Reminds me of the Barber, Gordon and Woodland signings last season. Played 20 mins between them and never seen again.

This post has been edited by Arrogant Blue: Sep 17 2016, 10:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Sep 17 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #16

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

Superb and outstanding were two of the comments from Southport fans about Higgins' performance today.

+Quote Post
Arrogant Blue
post Sep 17 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #17

3 in a row

QUOTE (Billy W @ Sep 17 2016, 07:58 PM) *
Superb and outstanding were two of the comments from Southport fans about Higgins' performance today.

Give it a month and they will be saying how shockingly bad he is.

Surprised he played today given the fact that he hasn't played a competitive game since April.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Sep 17 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #18

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

I know, my point was that not all young lads on loan are bad players.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Sep 17 2016, 07:43 PM
Post #19

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

He's one of several players who I think underperformed for us last season. I'd include Craig Mahon in that list - he would have got slaughtered last season if we didn't know he had previously done better - but the number of players who suddenly seemed useless less season (such as Shaw, who now looks a lot better) make me wonder how much the manager's influence harmed things.

I can't help but think of Carl Regan. He turned in some truly dreadful performances for us and would be a strong contender for a Worst Ever Chester XI for me, yet he went on to have a decent spell in League 1 and 2. It's down to the manager to get the best out of players, so Burr will have to get a bit more out of him this season than he did last.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Sep 17 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #20

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (SqzL @ Sep 17 2016, 08:31 PM) *

I know, my point was that not all young lads on loan are bad players.

It was the regularity with which we brought them in last season though that was alarming. We seemed to be taking on any kid someone would try and palm off on us, and barely playing them.

Burr previously had a good record with the loan market, with the likes of Heneghan, McBurnie, Hughes, Oates and several others performing well for us. For whatever reason, he just seemed to lose the plot last season and I think we would've been relegated if we hadn't sacked him. If he can rediscover what he had previously, he'll be an asset to Southport, but it's a big if.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 07:52 AM