Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ryan Higgins , take the offer or go
poolepirate
post Jun 9 2016, 09:33 AM
Post #1

1st team regular

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 4623

article in the leader states that RH wants to stay with the club if the terms are right and his agent has been back in touch to try and get revised terms ,,,
You would think by his comments that he is a world beater who we cant do without , i think he needs to get real if he wants to stay accept the deal we have a budget to keep to , if he doesnt like the offer go and find a new club ,,
if he was that good a player he would have been snapped up by now, this talk by him of interest from other clubs is just playing mind games as others have done in the past (jamie menagh comes to mind )
the same applies to johhny hunt sign up or go
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Always a Support...
post Jun 9 2016, 09:36 AM
Post #2

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 159

What is worrying is that he says his Agent found the Club hard to get hold of to discuss terms?

--------------------
Dancers are definitely not drinkers !!!

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jun 9 2016, 09:45 AM
Post #3

I'm not Irish!

Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (Always a Supporter @ Jun 9 2016, 10:36 AM) *
What is worrying is that he says his Agent found the Club hard to get hold of to discuss terms?

I stopped listening at this point.

Agents are parasites of the highest order, don't take any notice of what Higgins or his agent might say about the club. They are interested in one thing, and one thing only, getting as much money out of us for themselves as possible.

The deal is there on the table Ryan, take it or leave it

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07

+Quote Post
Gizmo's Dad
post Jun 9 2016, 09:47 AM
Post #4

1st team legend

Member No.: 2738

He's probably read that macca had been on holiday as he is entitled to, And Sharpy has been on a coaching course, I think too he is trying to talk himself into a bigger player than he is but saying that he may be a much better player under the new management, things really need to speed up though on existing and new potential signings.Still going to buy my season ticket whatever.

--------------------
Saint Milner's Day. 14/02/1995

'WE'VE GOT OUR CLUB BACK' AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO!

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jun 9 2016, 09:57 AM
Post #5

I'm not Irish!

what he has been quoted as saying:

“At this moment in time my agent is in dialogue with Chester and I’m waiting to hear back from the club,” the 22-year-old continued.

“The club have been quite hard to get hold of but hopefully we’re moving forward.

“I’ve spoken to Macca and he’s asked me to stay and I’m keen to extend my stay at Chester but for the time being I’m just keeping my head down, training hard and getting myself in shape for pre-season.

“If the right deal is on the table then yes, I’d definitely like to stay at Chester as I’ve loved my time at the club. If it’s right I’ll definitely sign but it’s got to be right for all concerned.”

If you want a better deal I'm sure those other clubs who are all lining up for you Ryan will offer you the terms you are after...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deva Blue
post Jun 9 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #6

Squad player

Member No.: 11858

What I grasp from that article is that Higgins has been offered a deal but he/his agent want to negotiate a better one. I hope we don't offer him an improved deal as he's done nothing last season to deserve one. Take it or leave it, it won't be a huge loss of he decides the latter.

--------------------
Heard about the bad times, witnessed the good ones.

+Quote Post
CCFC89
post Jun 9 2016, 10:46 AM
Post #7

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 3575

In no way should the Club be held to ransom, if he think because Hannah and Rooney have gone he can get some extra cash in he can get lost!! He's not worth the time or space, accept the offer or do one.

+Quote Post
A Blue Boy
post Jun 9 2016, 10:51 AM
Post #8

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 11670

As far as I'm concerned both Hunt and Higgins should leave if they're going to mess around with contracts. If the contract was was offered to them 3 weeks ago, when players like Astles and Alabi signed straight away, then it only shows a lack of dedication and commitment to the club. And do we really want players like that?

--------------------

Chester till' I die.

+Quote Post
Mancot Blue
post Jun 9 2016, 10:51 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 173

Pretty much agree with all of the above - if he doesn't think the offer is good enough then he's free to find another club as far as I'm concerned as he is in no way deserving of improved terms whatsoever. That Undercover Chester Twitter account suggested a Conference club and a couple of Conference North clubs were interested in him - they're welcome to him.

+Quote Post
A Blue Boy
post Jun 9 2016, 10:52 AM
Post #10

YTS Trainee

Member No.: 11670

Both Hunt and Higgins should leave if they're going to mess around with contracts. If the contract was was offered to them 3 weeks ago, when players like Astles and Alabi signed straight away, then it only shows a lack of dedication and commitment to the club. And do we really want players like that? Their playing a little game, to try and squeeze as much money out of as possible.

This post has been edited by A Blue Boy: Jun 9 2016, 10:54 AM

--------------------

Chester till' I die.

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Jun 9 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #11

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (A Blue Boy @ Jun 9 2016, 11:52 AM) *
Both Hunt and Higgins should leave if they're going to mess around with contracts. If the contract was was offered to them 3 weeks ago, when players like Astles and Alabi signed straight away, then it only shows a lack of dedication and commitment to the club. And do we really want players like that? Their playing a little game, to try and squeeze as much money out of as possible.

He's one of the players last year that contributed heavily towards cheap goals conceded because he can't defend, nor play a simple 10 yard pass and keep it in play. Sorry but get rid and find someone else if he's asking for more money, i'd rather give the youth lad a chance than waste budget on him.

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Jun 9 2016, 11:17 AM
Post #12

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

I think we all need to remember that contracts between two parties are exactly that - two parties trying to come to an acceptable agreement.

If one party finds the final terms unacceptable then it doesn't get signed - nothing lost.

I would imagine that Jon McCarty's absence has been the reason for the amount of time that's been allowed to reach - or not - an agreement.

It would surprise me greatly if Higgins/Hunt terms aren't finalised by the end of this week - by re-signing or leaving.

Ian Sharps and Jon McCarthy are currently working in a relatively new area of their management career as they are involved in agreeing players' contractual terms for the first time, I would imagine.

I'm on the fence regarding the ability of the two players in question as I don't believe we saw their full capabilities last season - as we didn't with most of the squad...

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Jun 9 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #13

1st team regular

Member No.: 7442

QUOTE (A Blue Boy @ Jun 9 2016, 11:52 AM) *

My guess is that Astles and Alabi were offered the same if not improved contracts, whereas Higgins and maybe and Hunt should have been offered a contract with reduced wages, and therefore are seeing if a better option is available which I can't blame them for if this was the case (all speculation of course).

However I do think we're at the point where it's sign now or never for both players.

--------------------
Until the sky turns green...

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Jun 9 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #14

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

To be honest I don't know how people can give opinions on this when they don't know what contract has been offered or what the player is hoping for. I very much doubt Higgins is sitting there hoping Tranmere or Forest Green come in for him, he's probably just waiting to see if someone can offer him a contract with a bit more flexibility and where he'll be a bit more than a squad player. That may well be in the league below.

Think about it, if you got told at work that you were being demoted and getting a wage freeze/cut, you would probably be looking for something else. At the same time, if nothing else turns up, you might just have to accept it. I'm not saying that's the offer Higgins has, I'm just pointing out that there's a lot more for players to think about than whether they do or don't want to play for Chester. You can't blame Higgins for biding his time - it's up to the club to impose a deadline if they need to.

+Quote Post
steveo1
post Jun 9 2016, 11:49 AM
Post #15

1st team captain

Member No.: 217

If it was Ross Hannah saying this I could completely understand but arguably the worst player at the club last season wants to stay 'as long as the right deal is on the table'. An absolute joke.

Seriously, don't bother returning his calls and let him go, we can do a lot better.

This post has been edited by steveo1: Jun 9 2016, 11:49 AM

--------------------
Deva Chat F.C

World Cup Doubles Champion - 28/7/05

'A member of the DCFC Prankster Organisation'

+Quote Post
MPW
post Jun 9 2016, 12:00 PM
Post #16

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

It could well be that Ryan has been offered reduced terms, but either way I'm surprised that JM wants to retain him.

When he first arrived, he was excellent, but he just hasn't developed as well as we thought he would and his passing at times last season was diabolical.

The club should stand firm and say either sign the deal offered or move on. He would be no great loss imo.

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Jun 9 2016, 12:03 PM
Post #17

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (XWWB @ Jun 9 2016, 12:30 PM) *
To be honest I don't know how people can give opinions on this when they don't know what contract has been offered or what the player is hoping for. I very much doubt Higgins is sitting there hoping Tranmere or Forest Green come in for him, he's probably just waiting to see if someone can offer him a contract with a bit more flexibility and where he'll be a bit more than a squad player. That may well be in the league below.

Think about it, if you got told at work that you were being demoted and getting a wage freeze/cut, you would probably be looking for something else. At the same time, if nothing else turns up, you might just have to accept it. I'm not saying that's the offer Higgins has, I'm just pointing out that there's a lot more for players to think about than whether they do or don't want to play for Chester. You can't blame Higgins for biding his time - it's up to the club to impose a deadline if they need to.

It's a fair point. I think frustration jsut grows from him being so poor last season. If he has been offered a reduced contract, i think we as the club have every right to have done it based on his perforamces last season. If he wants to find something else, that's his perogative. I just hope it gets resolved quickly because while we're in limbo with Higgins/Hunt we could be contacting potential full-back targets agents. From what was said though, it seems the club are the one's stalling things.

This post has been edited by SqzL: Jun 9 2016, 12:03 PM

+Quote Post
Cmonublues
post Jun 9 2016, 12:09 PM
Post #18

Squad player

Member No.: 11881

We've struggled at right back for a while now and nobody has played well enough there to make the position their own. Even Heneghan looked poor there. A lot of goals for the other team have come from that side of the pitch. We someone like Gareth Roberts to play there, I know he's a left back but we need someone experienced, who has played at a higher level, and who younger players can learn off. As for Higgins, get rid of him, utterly woeful player.

+Quote Post
25-3-1989
post Jun 9 2016, 12:11 PM
Post #19

1st team sub

Member No.: 9073

QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Jun 9 2016, 12:17 PM) *
I think we all need to remember that contracts between two parties are exactly that - two parties trying to come to an acceptable agreement.

If one party finds the final terms unacceptable then it doesn't get signed - nothing lost.

I would imagine that Jon McCarty's absence has been the reason for the amount of time that's been allowed to reach - or not - an agreement.

It would surprise me greatly if Higgins/Hunt terms aren't finalised by the end of this week - by re-signing or leaving.

Ian Sharps and Jon McCarthy are currently working in a relatively new area of their management career as they are involved in agreeing players' contractual terms for the first time, I would imagine.

I'm on the fence regarding the ability of the two players in question as I don't believe we saw their full capabilities last season - as we didn't with most of the squad...

"Ian Sharps and Jon McCarthy are currently working in a relatively new area of their management career as they are involved in agreeing (or negotiating) player's contractual terms for the first time"

Wasn't this one of the criteria's that the new Manager should of have experience in?

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Jun 9 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #20

1st team stalwart

QUOTE (25-3-1989 @ Jun 9 2016, 01:11 PM) *
QUOTE (Saltney Blueboy @ Jun 9 2016, 12:17 PM) *

"Ian Sharps and Jon McCarthy are currently working in a relatively new area of their management career as they are involved in agreeing (or negotiating) player's contractual terms for the first time"

Wasn't this one of the criteria's that the new Manager should of have experience in?

You can be relatively new at something and have some experience in it, just not a lot biggrin.gif
If you're new in any job you have things to learn, same goes for managers at all levels new problems every day, perhaps not all contractual.

+Quote Post
Jimianto
post Jun 9 2016, 12:43 PM
Post #21

Come On City!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1243

QUOTE (A Blue Boy @ Jun 9 2016, 11:51 AM) *
As far as I'm concerned both Hunt and Higgins should leave if they're going to mess around with contracts. If the contract was was offered to them 3 weeks ago, when players like Astles and Alabi signed straight away, then it only shows a lack of dedication and commitment to the club. And do we really want players like that?

Agreed - Hunt is bang average and Higgins is superb on his day, but that perhaps 1 in 7 games or so. Either sign them up on the terms offered, or we can get replacements.

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Jun 9 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #22

1st team regular

Member No.: 7442

QUOTE (MPW @ Jun 9 2016, 01:00 PM) *
It could well be that Ryan has been offered reduced terms, but either way I'm surprised that JM wants to retain him.

When he first arrived, he was excellent, but he just hasn't developed as well as we thought he would and his passing at times last season was diabolical.

The club should stand firm and say either sign the deal offered or move on. He would be no great loss imo.

I personally wouldn't have offered him a contract either as I thought he was useless last year, but I can see some merit in offering him reduced terms and keeping him as back up as we struggled last season with no competition for the right back position and he can play right midfield too.

Saying that, isn't Kieran Evans a right back?

--------------------
Until the sky turns green...

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jun 9 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #23

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (DanLB @ Jun 9 2016, 02:23 PM) *
QUOTE (MPW @ Jun 9 2016, 01:00 PM) *

I personally wouldn't have offered him a contract either as I thought he was useless last year, but I can see some merit in offering him reduced terms and keeping him as back up as we struggled last season with no competition for the right back position and he can play right midfield too.

Saying that, isn't Kieran Evans a right back?

He's a left back.

Waters can also play left back, left mid, left wing, and fill in at right back as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pumps
post Jun 9 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #24

A new dawn is rising

Member No.: 65

“The club have been quite hard to get hold of but hopefully we’re moving forward."

The club are clearly making good use of their 'caller display' feature on the phone system!

--------------------
faith and determination

+Quote Post
Ean
post Jun 9 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #25

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 2289

citysign.GIF
I like Ryan Higgins but we must remember he is just 22 and still learning
the one thing he needs to learn is he is in this league for a reason
so the terms on offer I would think reflect this .
trying to get a better deal is something ross may have got away with but
the two backs I would think it will be a take it or leave it deal
if you show us your best every game then next year a better deal will be on the table
or other clubs will come calling

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 10:50 PM