Deva Chat - 18 seasons as the voice of the city

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About time this club volunteer/club official was exposed...., for what he is, sorry but it has to be done!
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 14 2015, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Club Director
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 2595

I see there is a thread concerning a club employee running at the moment.
Well I think it is time to have a go at this particular fan if we are in that that type of negative mood.
First of all this particular fan has a volunteering job at the ground, I'm not going to name him but is something to do with the older supporters at the club, so I don't want give too many clues to who is.
For a start, he doesn't drive, bloody hell, I mean he has to catch buses and scrounge lifts to get to the home matches, and to go home, I believe he used to wait for the former chairman after a game just to cadge a lift home!
You would think he would learn to drive, I've been told that he has run his own business for nearly 40 years without driving, does anybody believe that? It's a known fact on here that if you can't drive that means you can't do your job properly!
I'm sure,but I can't prove it, there is no way he would be able to do his job properly without learning to drive, and this group of older supporters has been going five years, only five years,bloody hell is that all, what's he been doing the rest of the time?
Someone told me that he chairs meetings and tries to be cheerful and tells awful jokes, and yet about 60/70 fans turn up month after month to put up with it, and it appears these people actually enjoy this group!
Another thing, is it appears that he very rarely goes to away matches, in fact it's most probably about three years since has been away with the club! And he still holds a senior position at the club,you are having a laugh aren't you?
My God,can you believe that? He holds down a job with the older people at the club and he hasn't been to an away match in all that time! This really isn't good enough! and I have also been told that he doesn't know the name of every single volunteers name at the club!
I've also been told that he is on first name terms with the manager! Now that can't be right either, who does he think he is?
I've also been told that he doesn't attend every single CFU meeting, amazing,how does he get away with it?
I found out that he got the Lord Mayor of Chester to come to their Christmas do for the second year running! How stupid is that? To try and build a relationship with the city officials and the football club! What does he think that will do? Anybody would think that could be good for the club! He really is unbelievable!
I know that also he is always telling people on here not to be so negative on this board, and to look at the very positive things that are happening at the club, you really couldn't make it up could you? Doesn't he know that a number of supporters on here actually enjoy being negative and love knocking the club, and like nothing better than to turn every positive into a negative!
You really can't believe this bloke, he also thinks that some people are doing good jobs at the club, And is always praising the hard working volunteers, and those supporters who put hours of their own time into the club, and he's always praising the members of this particular group because of their brilliant support, how do we know if that's true?
Also he actually is concerned that the people who are criticised on here might be bothered about what is said about,them,what?
The next thing he's going to say is that the good people who work at the club and the volunteers have feelings!
He's even got the gall to be reasonably happy at the progress of the club, and to top it all he thinks we are in a better position now than we were before we were not fan owned? He really needs to get real, and it's about time this particular supporter was exposed to be what he is, and the worst insult I can think to call him is a "happy clapper!"

--------------------
NEIL FISHER I AM NOT WORTHY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Dec 14 2015, 01:23 AM
Post #2

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 42

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 14 2015, 01:14 AM) *
Well I think it is time to have a go at this particular fan if we are in that that type of negative mood.
First of all this particular fan has a volunteering job at the ground, I'm not going to name him but is something to do with the older supporters at the club, so I don't want give too many clues to who is.
For a start, he doesn't drive, bloody hell, I mean he has to catch buses and scrounge lifts to get to the home matches, and to go home, I believe he used to wait for the former chairman after a game just to cadge a lift home!
You would think he would learn to drive, I've been told that he has run his own business for nearly 40 years without driving, does anybody believe that? It's a known fact on here that if you can't drive that means you can't do your job properly!
I'm sure,but I can't prove it, there is no way he would be able to do his job properly without learning to drive, and this group of older supporters has been going five years, only five years,bloody hell is that all, what's he been doing the rest of the time?
Someone told me that he chairs meetings and tries to be cheerful and tells awful jokes, and yet about 60/70 fans turn up month after month to put up with it, and it appears these people actually enjoy this group!
Another thing is it appears that he very rarely goes to away matches, in fact it's most probably about three years since has been away with the club! And he still holds a senior position at the club,you are having a laugh aren't you?
My God,can you believe that? He holds down a job with the older people at the club and he hasn't been to an away match in all that time! This really isn't good enough! and I have also been told that he doesn't know the name of every single volunteers name at the club!
I've also been told that he is on first name terms with the manager! Now that can't be right either, who does he think he is?
I've also been told that he doesn't attend every single CFU meeting, amazing,how does he get away with it?
I found out that he got the Lord Mayor of Chester to come to their Christmas do for the second year running! How stupid is that? To try and build a relationship with the city officials and the football club! What does he think that will do? Anybody would think that could be good for the club! He really is unbelievable!
I know that also he is always telling people on here not to be so negative on this board, and to look at the very positive things that are happening at the club, you really couldn't make it up could you? Doesn't he know that a number of supporters on here actually enjoy being negative and love knocking the club, and like nothing better than to turn every positive into a negative!
You really can't believe this bloke, he also thinks that some people are doing good jobs at the club, And is always praising the hard working volunteers, and those supporters who put hours of their own time into the club, and he's always praising the members of this particular group because of their brilliant support, how do we know if that's true?
He's even got the gall to be reasonably happy at the progress of the club, and to top it all he thinks we are in a better position now than we were before we were not fan owned? He really needs to get real, and it's about this particular supporter was exposed to be what he is, and the worst insult I can think to call him is a "happy clapper!"

bowdown.gif

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>

+Quote Post
Che Guevara
post Dec 14 2015, 07:58 AM
Post #3

Castra Devana

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1198

No praise like self praise I guess blush.gif

--------------------
Neil Young: You WERE the caretaker here.

Harry McNally: I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but YOU are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know Sir - I've always been here.

+Quote Post
TheTheremin
post Dec 14 2015, 08:19 AM
Post #4

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 2194

Another thing, is it appears that he very rarely goes to away matches, in fact it's most probably about three years since has been away with the club! And he still holds a senior position at the club,you are having a laugh aren't you?
Also he actually is concerned that the people who are criticised on here might be bothered about what is said about,them,what?
The next thing he's going to say is that the good people who work at the club and the volunteers have feelings!
He's even got the gall to be reasonably happy at the progress of the club, and to top it all he thinks we are in a better position now than we were before we were not fan owned? He really needs to get real, and it's about time this particular supporter was exposed to be what he is, and the worst insult I can think to call him is a "happy clapper!"

Burn him at the stake angry.gif

+Quote Post
Wrexham Blue
post Dec 14 2015, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Behind Enemy Lines
Group Icon

Member No.: 102

Ean I think we've found you Bugle biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 14 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #6

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 14 2015, 07:58 AM) *

It could've been written by anybody who is involved at the club who feels weighed down by the all the negativity on here sometimes, certainly NOT self praise, the Senior Blues would be nothing without the enthusiasm of its members, I've got the easy job just chairing it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Dec 14 2015, 09:32 AM
Post #7

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 14 2015, 09:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Che Guevara @ Dec 14 2015, 07:58 AM) *

It could've been written by anybody who is involved at the club who feels weighed down by the all the negativity on here sometimes, certainly NOT self praise, the Senior Blues would be nothing without the enthusiasm of its members, I've got the easy job just chairing it.

Do all the volunteers have something to do with the older supporters and aren't able to drive?
I think you need to hire a new PR firm. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post Dec 14 2015, 09:51 AM
Post #8

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

Could someone summarise that for me please.

Not enough spare time like some who write essays.

+Quote Post
Juan King
post Dec 14 2015, 10:04 AM
Post #9

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 1240

Don't let Steve Burr get wind of this - he'll have this person playing out on the wing rolleyes.gif

--------------------
If you see a bloke opening a Car door for a woman,
It's either a new car or a new woman.

+Quote Post
Lobster
post Dec 14 2015, 12:40 PM
Post #10

Just one fool among the shower
Group Icon

Member No.: 203

I think there are important distinctions to be drawn on both sides of this argument.

There are maybe five or six people on this site who just slag the club off for s**ts and giggles, and every time I see their name next to a post I know they'll be saying something stupid. They're generally the same ones who were the last to concede that SV was a bad egg, the first to glorify any sort of football violence, and seem to have a bit of an all-round unpleasantness to them which translates to a desire to see a supporter-owned and company-focused club fail. Anyone who's used this forum for a while should know who they are, and anyone who hasn't should soon pick up on it. They're annoying, but they're not going to change.

There are also a considerable number of fans who are occasionally critical on here because they care. Look at the likes of Mark (NWAS) and tell me they're not speaking from the heart. Most people on here aren't moaning for moaning's sake. It strikes me that some figures within the club are failing to distinguish between passionate supporters with valid concerns, and internet trolls and wind up merchants.

Similarly, we need to differentiate between club volunteers and paid officials. Nobody (apart from maybe the aforementioned five or six helmets) is having a go at people who give up their time to help the club, although perhaps it can sometimes come across that way so it is sometimes worth taking a few deep breaths before spouting off on here, which is advice I should follow myself as I'm not immune to making a tit of myself on here. Most of the criticism is to do with the way the club operates, and that comes from paid employees.

All in all, while people should be careful what they say on here and social media, people should not be shouted down for genuine concerns. I know it's nothing like the SV era, but I still think as supporters (myself included) we don't really come out of the whole 2003-2009 period with a great deal of credit. Even knowing SV had a dodgy history, we immediately hailed him a hero and were much too slow to react when it became obvious that he was bad news. We didn't ask enough questions. The lone voices that did raise concerns on here were usually just told "shut up, he saves the club", or "it's SV or we go bust".

We should never forget how bad things got under SV, but we should also not use that as the bar against which we judge ourselves. It's not enough to simply say "we're fan owned, so everything's OK now". Goings on at Telford should be a note of caution, and Aldershot (though not fan owned) have showed in recent years that it's easy to stuff up a second chance. Criticism is an inevitable part of progress and provided it's constructive, it needs to be listened to.

+Quote Post
njd1959
post Dec 14 2015, 01:00 PM
Post #11

1st team regular

Member No.: 11812

QUOTE (XWWB @ Dec 14 2015, 12:40 PM) *
I think there are important distinctions to be drawn on both sides of this argument.

There are maybe five or six people on this site who just slag the club off for s**ts and giggles, and every time I see their name next to a post I know they'll be saying something stupid. They're generally the same ones who were the last to concede that SV was a bad egg, the first to glorify any sort of football violence, and seem to have a bit of an all-round unpleasantness to them which translates to a desire to see a supporter-owned and company-focused club fail. Anyone who's used this forum for a while should know who they are, and anyone who hasn't should soon pick up on it. They're annoying, but they're not going to change.

There are also a considerable number of fans who are occasionally critical on here because they care. Look at the likes of Mark (NWAS) and tell me they're not speaking from the heart. Most people on here aren't moaning for moaning's sake. It strikes me that some figures within the club are failing to distinguish between passionate supporters with valid concerns, and internet trolls and wind up merchants.

Similarly, we need to differentiate between club volunteers and paid officials. Nobody (apart from maybe the aforementioned five or six helmets) is having a go at people who give up their time to help the club, although perhaps it can sometimes come across that way so it is sometimes worth taking a few deep breaths before spouting off on here, which is advice I should follow myself as I'm not immune to making a tit of myself on here. Most of the criticism is to do with the way the club operates, and that comes from paid employees.

All in all, while people should be careful what they say on here and social media, people should not be shouted down for genuine concerns. I know it's nothing like the SV era, but I still think as supporters (myself included) we don't really come out of the whole 2003-2009 period with a great deal of credit. Even knowing SV had a dodgy history, we immediately hailed him a hero and were much too slow to react when it became obvious that he was bad news. We didn't ask enough questions. The lone voices that did raise concerns on here were usually just told "shut up, he saves the club", or "it's SV or we go bust".

We should never forget how bad things got under SV, but we should also not use that as the bar against which we judge ourselves. It's not enough to simply say "we're fan owned, so everything's OK now". Goings on at Telford should be a note of caution, and Aldershot (though not fan owned) have showed in recent years that it's easy to stuff up a second chance. Criticism is an inevitable part of progress and provided it's constructive, it needs to be listened to.

Eloquently put

+Quote Post
Neil Fishers Big...
post Dec 14 2015, 01:25 PM
Post #12

Club Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (njd1959 @ Dec 14 2015, 01:00 PM) *

Eloquently put

Agreed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Devon Blue
post Dec 14 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #13

1st team stalwart
Group Icon

Member No.: 42

My emphasis.
Brilliant post. bowdown.gif Shame those who can't/won't read anything more than about six words long will miss it!!

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>COME ON YOU BLUES! </span>

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Dec 14 2015, 01:57 PM
Post #14

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

QUOTE (Devon Blue @ Dec 14 2015, 01:42 PM) *

My emphasis.
Brilliant post. bowdown.gif Shame those who can't/won't read anything more than about six words long will miss it!!

I think the most important thing to remember when reading Devachat is to IGNORE the posts that you don't necessarily add to the discussion - and that's what this is, a discussion. Don't take them to heart or the trolls etc will just give it more...

As XWWB above says we may all know the few posters that don't appear to add to the discussion in any meaningful way but you don't have to worry about them, just ignore them.

I've been a critic of some of the actions of our club but I've also been an admirer of many of their actions and said so on here. I would also be as vocal to their faces at a CFU meeting because I don't say anything on here unless I would say it to the person(s) involved directly.

To be critical of CFC/CFU actions is not necessarily being negative and it's wrong to take it that way. Criticism can be so helpful to the powers that be in order to assist them in their direction and it should be used in that way - that's why they read Devachat or have knowledge of the posts within Devachat. Just think of the number of times that comments on here become working practices at the club later on - I'm eagerly awaiting the introduction of the CFC Fans Forum where genuine concerns can be answered by the Board in an open and transparent manner. I think it will benefit all fans of our club

--------------------

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Dec 14 2015, 02:03 PM
Post #15

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

Excellent post.

+Quote Post
1 Paul Carden
post Dec 14 2015, 02:15 PM
Post #16

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 1481

Top post. Agree with all of it. I would be reticent to criticise any volunteer as they're giving up their time for free, whereas paid employees it's a different kettle of fish.

--------------------
City Fans United

+Quote Post
Derry Blue
post Dec 14 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #17

I am Irish!

Member No.: 11668

It is an excellent post. I've been critical of club and manager at times, and even more critical of those who don't like critics. But most of us care about our club and it's because we care that we get frustrated at times. I think we can all suss out those trolls who care nothing for our team and only desire to cause mischief. Let's ignore them but still allow differences of opinion among those who give a damn about what we are trying to achieve.

+Quote Post
Ean
post Dec 14 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #18

chester football club supporter
Group Icon

Member No.: 2289

QUOTE (Wrexham Blue @ Dec 14 2015, 08:46 AM) *
Ean I think we've found you Bugle biggrin.gif

citysign.GIF he is playing it the wrong way round or may be its me

--------------------
I'M A FOOL

WHY DON'T YOU BECOME ONE TOO

bugler for the masses
west stand
golf pro to the stars
well nwas anyway

+Quote Post
life in blue
post Dec 14 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #19

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 6586

QUOTE (Neil Fishers Biggest Fan @ Dec 14 2015, 02:14 AM) *

bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

+Quote Post
Martinblue
post Dec 14 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #20

Squad player

Member No.: 11457

And without people like yourself there would not be a chester fc, long may all the volunteers continue to do there sterling work.
And our club will grow from strength to strength.
Happy Christmas to all our volunteers guiness.gif

+Quote Post
BLAD
post Dec 14 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #21

Youth team

Member No.: 2524

I will ask the chairman at the next senior blues meeting who this blighter is ,volunteer indeed, about time he did some work .

--------------------
BLUE BLOOD THRU N THRU

+Quote Post
Buckley Blue
post Dec 14 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #22

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 7121

Perhaps you should all get a room..........................

+Quote Post
Slim Pickens
post Dec 14 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #23

Youth team

Member No.: 11649

I wouldnt worry whats posted on here Chris, we all know its that heavily moderated, North Korea could learn a trick or two. Or that you meet at least 2 of the moderators in the blues Bar before each game - Sheldon from West Kirby and the stout,Pannini sticker and beer mat collector. Its what said on social media sites, that refer to DC as Divy chat and its regular inhabitants, as creatures from Middle Earth and Hogwarts, ruled by a Canadian master.
Knowing you from way back when in Dicksons Dr, I would say Happy' is is a fair nickname, you are a decent bloke and valued for what you have done for the Club over many years, and as a sponsor back at Sealand Rd.
But a Clubs fans are made up from all walks of life and All are entitled to their opinion and say, even if Sheldon and Dick from Canada disagree.

So thanks Chris, and all the others who work for the Club in their own time, but we are not all cut from the same cloth, or fur.

bowdown.gif

--------------------
I go the game, home and away

+Quote Post
Blue Lupus
post Dec 14 2015, 11:59 PM
Post #24

Squad player

Member No.: 3402

A genuine well done and it's much appreciated. No less valuable is the lad off the estate, or the working man who has no day to day involvement in the club but chooses to spend his money watching the blues either regularly or on an adhoc basis when he can afford to do so. We have to embrace both those who can commit more and those who can't. Where the community feel has been lost,for me, is that fans seem to be judged on what they can add in addition to turning up and giving their hard earned money over the turnstile . Undoubtedly fans who are more closely involved do get some unjustified "stick" but I suppose that is out of frustration from a very passionate and often misinformed fan group who are eager for a greater level of communication and a better understanding as to what makes the club tick over on a day to day basis. The "i do more than than you" mentality is as equally damaging as the finger pointers.

+Quote Post
Saltney Blueboy
post Dec 15 2015, 05:20 AM
Post #25

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

QUOTE (Blue Lupus @ Dec 14 2015, 11:59 PM) *
A genuine well done and it's much appreciated. No less valuable is the lad off the estate, or the working man who has no day to day involvement in the club but chooses to spend his money watching the blues either regularly or on an adhoc basis when he can afford to do so. We have to embrace both those who can commit more and those who can't. Where the community feel has been lost,for me, is that fans seem to be judged on what they can add in addition to turning up and giving their hard earned money over the turnstile . Undoubtedly fans who are more closely involved do get some unjustified "stick" but I suppose that is out of frustration from a very passionate and often misinformed fan group who are eager for a greater level of communication and a better understanding as to what makes the club tick over on a day to day basis. The "i do more than than you" mentality is as equally damaging as the finger pointers.

Exactly right, BL

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2018 - 08:19 PM