post Jan 27 2017, 10:16 AM
Post #2101

I'm not Irish!

Group: DC Members
Member No.: 1413

QUOTE (ANDERS @ Jan 27 2017, 10:09 AM) *
QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Jan 27 2017, 09:57 AM) *
QUOTE (ANDERS @ Jan 27 2017, 09:50 AM) *
If we were offered peanuts for Sam I wouldn't be afraid to let it go to tribunal in the Summer, this isn't another Kingsley James scenario where he was at the club less than 12 months and then off to another mid-range Conference team. We’d be talking about a player who’s come through our academy and gone to a Championship/Premier League team, that raises the stakes significantly, ala Max Power Tranmere to Wigan.

Max Power also had a significantly higher number of first team appearances under his belt, had captained every age group he'd played under including the senior team (they made sure he was made captain when they knew he would be leaving), he had also been playing in League One and League Two before he moved for 300k to Wigan. All of this is taken into account when the tribunal fee is decided.

Sam Hughes is a player with a lot of potential, but he hasn't even made 50 first team starts in the 18 months since he came into the first team squad, he's not played at the level that Power has or rather had for Tranmere. Waiting for a tribunal to decide is a massive gamble. What if the player then starts attracting the attention of the Scottish sides and we end up in a similar situation to Ben Heneghan?

We should avoid the Scottish loophole as long as we offer him a deal early enough, wasn't that the mistake with Heneghan? I'm not saying we should go to tribunal and I'm not saying we'd get what Tranmere got for Power, just using that as an example that the stakes are raised significantly for a player who has been at the club a long time and come through the academy, to go on a move to a club higher up the pyramid.

I just don't think we should be taken for a ride is all, I noticed someone on twitter even suggesting we should accept £20k now, ridiculous stance!

We would be entitled to 'training compensation' I believe it was called during the Ben Heneghan debacle last summer. But again, that sounds very much like a 'minimal fee' type thing.

If we want more money then I am sure Macca and his team will sit down with Sam (if they haven;'t done already) and have a chat about what he wants to do. If he wants to look at extending his for another 12 months then it will be within the clubs interests to make it so, given the interest in him, and that you could probably guarantee at least doubling that valuation on him to 150k plus add-ons and sell on clauses.

--------------------
"Derry Exile, he speaks for the Nation!" - Elwood P Dowd 24/11/07
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Jan 27 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #2102

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

If we were offered peanuts for Sam I wouldn't be afraid to let it go to tribunal in the Summer, this isn't another Kingsley James scenario where he was at the club less than 12 months and then off to another mid-range Conference team. We’d be talking about a player who’s come through our academy and gone to a Championship/Premier League team, that raises the stakes significantly, ala Max Power Tranmere to Wigan.

Max Power also had a significantly higher number of first team appearances under his belt, had captained every age group he'd played under including the senior team (they made sure he was made captain when they knew he would be leaving), he had also been playing in League One and League Two before he moved for 300k to Wigan. All of this is taken into account when the tribunal fee is decided.

Sam Hughes is a player with a lot of potential, but he hasn't even made 50 first team starts in the 18 months since he came into the first team squad, he's not played at the level that Power has or rather had for Tranmere. Waiting for a tribunal to decide is a massive gamble. What if the player then starts attracting the attention of the Scottish sides and we end up in a similar situation to Ben Heneghan?

We should avoid the Scottish loophole as long as we offer him a deal early enough, wasn't that the mistake with Heneghan? I'm not saying we should go to tribunal and I'm not saying we'd get what Tranmere got for Power, just using that as an example that the stakes are raised significantly for a player who has been at the club a long time and come through the academy, to go on a move to a club higher up the pyramid.

I just don't think we should be taken for a ride is all, I noticed someone on twitter even suggesting we should accept £20k now, ridiculous stance!

In all honesty I would take 75k any day of the week so long as a large sell on is negotiated at 20% minimum. If no sell on can be agreed to that level then 100k and no sell on then I wouldn't even bother. The sell on clause in this deal could prove more value than the actual price tag eventually.

+Quote Post
McSeal
post Jan 27 2017, 10:50 AM
Post #2103

Reserve skipper
Group Icon

Group: DC Donatees
Member No.: 6

QUOTE (SqzL @ Jan 27 2017, 10:35 AM) *

In all honesty I would take 75k any day of the week so long as a large sell on is negotiated at 20% minimum. If no sell on can be agreed to that level then 100k and no sell on then I wouldn't even bother. The sell on clause in this deal could prove more value than the actual price tag eventually.

Agreed. Wrexham fans are thinking there's a chance Neil Taylor is getting a move to Sunderland for £3m and they've got a 10% sell on clause on him.

+Quote Post
chester till i d...
post Jan 27 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #2104

1st team regular

Member No.: 11800

undercover chester seems to think we will only get between 50 to 70k

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Jan 27 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #2105

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

QUOTE (chester till i die 2014 34 @ Jan 27 2017, 11:54 AM) *

Isn't that just someone with nothing to do who just states the obvious and reads every local paper going?

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jan 27 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #2106

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (ANDERS @ Jan 27 2017, 11:56 AM) *

Isn't that just someone with nothing to do who just states the obvious and reads every local paper going?

No, it's not.

Meanwhile, Chronicle have been very quiet today haven't they. They're usually quite on the ball to nip these sorts of things in the bud early doors.

I wonder why they've not commented....

This post has been edited by Derry Exile: Jan 27 2017, 12:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
open yer eyes ma...
post Jan 27 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #2107

Devachat Fantasy Football Champion 09/10

Member No.: 850

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Jan 27 2017, 12:12 PM) *

No, it's not.

Meanwhile, Chronicle have been very quiet today haven't they. They're usually quite on the ball to nip these sorts of things in the bud early doors.

How do you know it isn't?

--------------------
Down on their knees
Begging us please
Praying that we don't exist

We exist

+Quote Post
ANDERS
post Jan 27 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #2108

Swedish Midfield Dynamo

Member No.: 2647

No, it's not.

It's mostly just stuff we already know, if not it's something like Macca wanting to sign four players a few weeks ago. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by ANDERS: Jan 27 2017, 12:25 PM

--------------------
"We were lucky then, it's a good job he's sh*te!"

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jan 27 2017, 12:44 PM
Post #2109

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (ANDERS @ Jan 27 2017, 12:22 PM) *

No, it's not.

It's mostly just stuff we already know, if not it's something like Macca wanting to sign four players a few weeks ago. rolleyes.gif

Well technically he's halfway there already isn't he bringing Vassell and Lloyd back...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jan 27 2017, 01:36 PM
Post #2110

1st team captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 2156

A serious question - how long has Sam been on our books, wasn't he at Tranmere before he came here.

+Quote Post
Treeny
post Jan 27 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #2111

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3547

QUOTE (open yer eyes man @ Jan 27 2017, 12:19 PM) *

No, it's not.

Derry Exile is Chester Undercover, so I've been told anyway.

--------------------
Chester City Football Club

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jan 27 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #2112

1st team captain
Group Icon

Agreed, but not just a sell on fee, we should be looking for appearance money and dare I say, international call-ups.

+Quote Post
Derry Exile
post Jan 27 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #2113

I'm not Irish!

QUOTE (Treeny @ Jan 27 2017, 01:45 PM) *

No, it's not.

Wrong!

Sorry mate but it's not me. I barely post on Twitter, not really a fan of it to be honest.

This post has been edited by Derry Exile: Jan 27 2017, 01:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Jan 27 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #2114

1st team regular

Member No.: 7442

QUOTE (Derry Exile @ Jan 27 2017, 01:51 PM) *
QUOTE (Treeny @ Jan 27 2017, 01:45 PM) *

No, it's not.

Wrong!

Sorry mate but it's not me. I barely post on Twitter, not really a fan of it to be honest.

Sounds like something someone who's undercover would say...

--------------------
Until the sky turns green...

+Quote Post
a view from outs...
post Jan 27 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #2115

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 6226

Rumour - Ross Hannah is being linked with a loan move to AFC Fylde.

+Quote Post
DanLB
post Jan 27 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #2116

1st team regular

Member No.: 7442

QUOTE (a view from outside @ Jan 27 2017, 03:10 PM) *

Seems odd given they've scored 76 goals in in 26 games.

If it is the case then we should try and get Matty Hughes on loan.

--------------------
Until the sky turns green...

+Quote Post
blue forever
post Jan 27 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #2117

Squad player

Member No.: 4535

QUOTE (DanLB @ Jan 27 2017, 03:14 PM) *

Yes that would be good Matty Hughes looks like Ross is Available then ?

+Quote Post
SqzL
post Jan 27 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #2118

1st team stalwart

Member No.: 11695

QUOTE (blue forever @ Jan 27 2017, 03:32 PM) *

Yes that would be good Matty Hughes looks like Ross is Available then ?

Fylde are bankrolled, we couldn't afford either wage.

+Quote Post
wxmred
post Jan 27 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #2119

Squad player

Member No.: 4576

QUOTE (McSeal @ Jan 27 2017, 10:50 AM) *

Agreed. Wrexham fans are thinking there's a chance Neil Taylor is getting a move to Sunderland for £3m and they've got a 10% sell on clause on him.

To be honest I Wouldn't buy him,(injury prone) The money would be nice, but he has been at Swansea since 2010 and every season since someone wants him but he is still at Swansea

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jan 27 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #2120

1st team captain
Group Icon

QUOTE (McSeal @ Jan 27 2017, 10:50 AM) *

Sunderland not pursuing it any further apparently

+Quote Post
Billy W
post Jan 27 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #2121

1st team captain
Group Icon

Agreed. Fylde seem to be romping away with the league do I don't know why they want Ross unless they are cashing in on Danny Rowe. Not sure Matty has done that much this season.

+Quote Post
MPW
post May 2 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #2122

1st team captain

Member No.: 1056

QUOTE (MPW @ Jun 14 2016, 11:39 AM) *
Solihull have signed Barnsley striker Harry White for an nominal fee (he scored against for both Kidderminster and Boreham last season).

He is the type of player that we should be looking to bring in.

😉👍

+Quote Post
Canadian Exile
post May 2 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #2123

Transatlantic member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1207

QUOTE (MPW @ May 2 2017, 12:05 PM) *
QUOTE (MPW @ Jun 14 2016, 11:39 AM) *
Solihull have signed Barnsley striker Harry White for an nominal fee (he scored against for both Kidderminster and Boreham last season).

He is the type of player that we should be looking to bring in.

😉👍

Quick, buy a lottery ticket!

--------------------
Posting from the Great White North

+Quote Post
ccmattfc
post May 18 2017, 06:54 AM
Post #2124

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 3636

Matt Rhead to Chester. Sources in Lincoln reckon he's on the move.

+Quote Post
shunter blue
post May 18 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #2125

Reserve skipper

Member No.: 9054

QUOTE (ccmattfc @ May 18 2017, 07:54 AM) *
Matt Rhead to Chester. Sources in Lincoln reckon he's on the move.

National League is his level, but who would provide the crosses for him and would we be able to put together a package that would interest him .. I suspect not!

+Quote Post

88 Pages V  « < 83 84 85 86 87 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Protected by SBST and Project Honeypot Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 07:41 PM